2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:08
Seanspeed wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 10:53
Incoming:

Christian Horner says Adrian Newey was mere 'coffee boy', barely knew him.
Coffee boy? Newey was clearly just a janitor!
I would believe Newey's hype if he can go to another team and replicate the current domination of Red Bull. Otherwise, you might be on to something! :lol:

basti313
basti313

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 23:33
djones wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 23:14
Either:

1. He is going to Ferrari and this is how they got Lewis.

2. He has seen plans for the new engine and knows 2026 will be a disaster no matter how good his car design is.
I think it seems more likely that the Horner-Newey relationship going cold has caused this.

There was that interview with Horner in February where he was playing down newey's influence and saying that he didn't do much on the rb19 and rb20. And that more credit should go to Balbo and Waché. While it may be true and the other technical heads of RB go unsung, it felt strange given how instrumental Newey has been for the team. It just felt like the knives were out.

In my opinion, Horner wanted to manoeuvre Newey out of power, just like he tried to do with Marko. Verstappen played the trump card when it came to Marko so Horner had to back down there.

Maybe he goes to Ferrari, but I don't think that's a foregone conclusion.

As for technical structure within RB, there is now scope to promote both Waché and Balbo to CTO/TD respectively both of whom Ferrari have desperately been trying to poach. Maybe this was the grand scheme for Horner.

It's shameful he's willing to damage the team so much to consolidate power.
Why do you think it is about power? I think this is just wrong. I do not want to defend Horner, but if I am thinking about his position, this is not comfy:
- In case he plays up Newey as the king and design guru, he will loose the Nr2 line with Waché and Balbo. Both will be approached by every other team with Nr1 positions and a lot of money. And this issue can not go away with staying silent.
- In case he plays down Newey, there is the chance of what we see now...Newey leaving.

I think this is a natural issue of an excellent and exposed team, everyone wants to shine at some point and needs to look for the honey. And to be honest...I fear I would also try to keep the operational staff and not the 65 year old guru. Especially since it is not even clear if Newey just resigns or goes to another team.
So I feel it is hard and wrong to read just politics and power struggles into a natural team issue.
Don`t russel the hamster!

chrstphrln

Vanja #66 wrote:
Seanspeed wrote:
Incoming:

Newey was actually only employed because they didn't know who else would take all the free energy drink cans.

Yes, if it hadn't all been so predictable due to Horner and his behaviour...
Max will be next.

Vanja #66

chrstphrln wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:29
Yes, if it hadn't all been so predictable due to Horner and his behaviour...
Max will be next.
From some inside info + the public info my best guess was that Marko decided to stay foe now during talks in Saudi Arabia to give time for things to fall in their place. Clearly Newey was torn for a while, having decided to leave only this week. With him gone, 2026 PU reportedly in a lot of trouble (which is also hinted by Max and Horner independently) there is no reason for Max to stay honestly.

It might just be worth sacrificing 2025 to get to know Merc team better in the hope they can challenge in 2026. Although at the moment, I think Aston might even be the better choice long term.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Farnborough
Farnborough

Vanja #66 wrote:
Seanspeed wrote:
Incoming:

:)

Janitor uses, in floor cleaner, skirts on ground effect and fan driven too, more likely a post for Mr G Murray :mrgreen:

Barrista on the other hand, temperature and pressure gradient, exquisite air integration within Capachino layered structure etc :mrgreen:

Fluido
Fluido

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 20:05
What stops Ferrari NV in Netherlands or Ferrari SpA hiring Newey directly and "keep" him away from F1 projects? What would stop them to put him in casual Ferrari clothes and bring him as Team's guest each weekend?
Nothing, but Newey knows that mercedes still has and will have best engine 2026+ as well.. But maybe he want to take new challenge in Ferrari or Aston

Wouter

organic wrote:
djones wrote:
Either:

2. He has seen plans for the new engine and knows 2026 will be a disaster no matter how good his car design is.
I think it seems more likely that the Horner-Newey relationship going cold has caused this.

There was that interview with Horner in February where he was playing down newey's influence and saying that he didn't do much on the rb19 and rb20. And that more credit should go to Balbo and Waché. While it may be true and the other technical heads of RB go unsung, it felt strange given how instrumental Newey has been for the team. It just felt like the knives were out.

In my opinion, Horner wanted to manoeuvre Newey out of power, just like he tried to do with Marko. Verstappen played the trump card when it came to Marko so Horner had to back down there.

As for technical structure within RB, there is now scope to promote both Waché and Balbo to CTO/TD respectively both of whom Ferrari have desperately been trying to poach. Maybe this was the grand scheme for Horner.

Here you can read the MS article with the quotes from the Tweets. Amanda, Newey's wife replied. :)

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Can’t beat Amanda Newey on Twitter!

Bill
Bill

Fluido wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:26
Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 20:05
What stops Ferrari NV in Netherlands or Ferrari SpA hiring Newey directly and "keep" him away from F1 projects? What would stop them to put him in casual Ferrari clothes and bring him as Team's guest each weekend?
Nothing, but Newey knows that mercedes still has and will have best engine 2026+ as well.. But maybe he want to take new challenge in Ferrari or Aston
merc dont have the best of anything .the pu at best is third it suffers from clipping issues and always blow up in Australia.how do u know they would be the best in 2026

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:36
organic wrote:
djones wrote:
Either:

Here you can read the MS article with the quotes from the Tweets. Amanda, Newey's wife replied. :)

[url]ttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMCiI_TWkAAQFtG?format=jpg&name=small[/url]

[url]ttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMCiI_hWUAEvqD2?format=jpg&name=small[/url]
Is she the Jos Verstappen version of Newey! :lol:

If only we have Geri also active in F1 social media circles, we have a great Red Bull Side Kick circus.

Bill
Bill

Newey is not an employee of redbull .he is hired through his company worked on suspension elements.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 10:55
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 10:34

So Red Bull insiders are saying Newey isn't important to their success? No reason to stop him going elsewhere in that case. =D>

Or is someone saying things about him because they're angry he's leaving?
No, Horner said it few months ago.
It mentions "insiders" in the piece you linked. That suggest more than just Horner.

The PA that Horner has marginalised also worked with Newey, it is reported elsewhere, which might also have a bearing on why Newey is keen to leave now.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Seanspeed wrote:
Incoming:

Coffee boy? Ah that's why Red Bull's catering budget was so high a few years ago... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouter

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:45
Wouter wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 10:34

So Red Bull insiders are saying Newey isn't important to their success? No reason to stop him going elsewhere in that case. =D>

Or is someone saying things about him because they're angry he's leaving?
It mentions "insiders" in the piece you linked. That suggest more than just Horner.
I can't find it. Where do you read the word "insiders"?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sat- ... /10561356/
The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 15:00
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 14:45
Wouter wrote:

I can't find it. Where do you read the word "insiders"?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sat- ... /10561356/