2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

LS is in fact why Adrian won’t go to Aston. Just FYI.
Watching F1 since 1986.

zoroastar
zoroastar

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 16:00
diffuser wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 11:23
collindsilva wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 09:23
AN should work as external consultant and all teams should take his services.
He should not be bound to just 1 team.
This will help the grid to be more competitive and we can expect better racing.
Just a suggestion...
Yeah, that would never happen. Plus the smaller teams without the tools would never be able to make use of him.
Don't know why everybody thinks the Redbull is fast because Newey. I mean if we look at qualifying, then Aston ,Ferrari, McLaren pretty close to them. Is more about the tyres than just simple aero. I didn't believe that actually the Redbull is fast because they have the best aero car. Redbull secret definitely in the suspension especially in the rear one,they do something with it that the car always at optimum ride height with or without fuel,this also explains why they had minimim porpoising compared to whole field.Is legal or not we don't know (yet),but they definitely have unlimited tyre life.
you do know that newey personally designed the redbull suspension for these regs dont you? likely because he knew that it was going to be extremely important with the ground effect rules/ porpoising etc... aston should be doing everything they can to get him. if there is anything like a silver bullet in F1, he would be it. people can downplay his worth all they want, but whoever gets him will probably be winning when they get him, as long their 2026 PU is up to snuff. mercedes huge engine advantage from 2014 is the only reason they were able to win so much in the previous regs. once redbull got an equal engine, it was just a matter of time. if neweys head is in it, his team will be at or near the top. id put my money on it

KimiRai
KimiRai

(Alonso's results for the first 5 qualifyings, no sprint qs)

AMR24 average gap to pole 0.670 tenths, with average grid position of 5.6
if you exclude Australia's 1.637 due to floor damage = 0.429 average gap to pole with average grid position of 4.5

AMR23 average gap to pole 0.582 tenths, with average grid position of 4.
if you exclude Azerbaijan's 1.050 due to DRS issues = 0.465 average gap to pole with average grid position of 3.5

Gap to Red Bull has been decreased on one lap a bit, but worse results due to other teams not starting poorly and race pace not being as good relatively. Nothing we haven't learned already.
Last edited by KimiRai on 29 Apr 2024, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 07:49
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
diffuser wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 11:23

Yeah, that would never happen. Plus the smaller teams without the tools would never be able to make use of him.
Don't know why everybody thinks the Redbull is fast because Newey. I mean if we look at qualifying, then Aston ,Ferrari, McLaren pretty close to them. Is more about the tyres than just simple aero. I didn't believe that actually the Redbull is fast because they have the best aero car. Redbull secret definitely in the suspension especially in the rear one,they do something with it that the car always at optimum ride height with or without fuel,this also explains why they had minimim porpoising compared to whole field.Is legal or not we don't know (yet),but they definitely have unlimited tyre life.
you do know that newey personally designed the redbull suspension for these regs dont you? likely because he knew that it was going to be extremely important with the ground effect rules/ porpoising etc... aston should be doing everything they can to get him. if there is anything like a silver bullet in F1, he would be it. people can downplay his worth all they want, but whoever gets him will probably be winning when they get him, as long their 2026 PU is up to snuff. mercedes huge engine advantage from 2014 is the only reason they were able to win so much in the previous regs. once redbull got an equal engine, it was just a matter of time. if neweys head is in it, his team will be at or near the top. id put my money on it
I have no idea what he designed but he's primarily known as a aerodynamacist. They don't usually design suspensions. Maybe have input of the placement and shape of exposed suspension parts is more likely.

Remember he's a top level Guy and there is probably a Suspension designers team at RBR racing. He can over see that if he wants but they are probably 2 layers below him (something like Newey -> TP -> Suspension Head -> Designers team).

diffuser

I was gonna say that AI has been busy writing AN stories but click bait has been around for a while now.

SSJ4
SSJ4

We expecting any upgrades for Miami or we all waiting for imola?

Alonso_fin
Alonso_fin

SSJ4 wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 14:30
A floor and diffuser upgrade are set for Imola.

diffuser

Alonso_fin wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 15:30
SSJ4 wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 14:30
A floor and diffuser upgrade are set for Imola.
Haven't heard peep yet. It's only Monday, Krack's not there yet. Like the gentleman said, the plan was for the 2nd set of upgrades to fall for Imola, not for Miami. From Fallows it sounded like the Japan upgrades would put them in a good place for Miami. It would be a big surprise if some of the Imola upgrades made it to Miami.

organic

Piola says that Newey prefers AMR to Ferrari

As for upgrades I expect them at Imola

makecry
makecry

organic wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 18:51

I want this to happen just for the meltdown tifosi will undergo.

Redragon

Newey already collaborated with Aston Martin creating the valkyrie, which i had the suspicion is the clue of Redbull success on this regulations as probably was used to test some ideas.
Just my opinion. Aston Martin wants to be part of 24h Lemans, Spanish press was rumoring that Alonso will race in the future on Lemans with Aston Martin, one of the reasons he might have renewed with Aston Martin, Newey always wanted to work with Alonso. But if they are offering to not only be part of F1 team but design the Aston Martin that will race on Lemans and driven by Alonso. Might be a good motivation. Just leaving my thought why Newey could join AM

KimiRai
KimiRai

All the developments so far, for all the teams, were probably validated in the simulator around early February. It is in Imola (or maybe Miami too for those who accelerated the upgrades) that the first responses to the pre-season track tests and the 1st GP in Bahrain will appear. So hopefully they start to fix the race issues with this.
Last edited by KimiRai on 29 Apr 2024, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
Well Giorgio is Newey's friend I think. So he's not a bad source. Of course it doesnt mean necessarily that he's right.

diffuser

makecry wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 19:35
organic wrote:

I want this to happen just for the meltdown tifosi will undergo.
Rolling. As expected you want to see Ferrari cry! :mrgreen:

zoroastar
zoroastar

diffuser wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 09:30
zoroastar wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 07:49
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:

I have no idea what he designed but he's primarily known as a aerodynamacist. They don't usually design suspensions. Maybe have input of the placement and shape of exposed suspension parts is more likely.

Remember he's a top level Guy and there is probably a Suspension designers team at RBR racing. He can over see that if he wants but they are probably 2 layers below him (something like Newey -> TP -> Suspension Head -> Designers team).
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red- ... y-secrets/

ive seen it talked about in several places but this is a short interview where he discusses designing the front and rear suspensions of the rb18 because of the importance under these regs. but he also talks about the great help he has at redbull. so of course its not all him