2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

He's not really saying much though. He says there's less ambition in Aston Martin and less pressure to deliver. But that he would be watching a greating opportunity

ispano6

Maybe Newey's wife decides where they live next. Italy? Japan!?

A quote of Newey from Motorsport back in March:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newe ... /10587105/
In fact, speaking earlier this year, he said that the only time he had ever considered stepping back was in 2014 when Red Bull was living through a huge disadvantage with its power unit.

“I joined Red Bull [to build a technical team],” he said. “It was a bit of a career risk, but I wanted to again be involved with the development of the team at the start.

“So, having been involved in the start and been involved with Christian and Helmut [Marko] in how we developed the team, then why would I want to walk away from that?

“The only time it came close was in 2014 and that was for completely different reasonings. It was very simply at that time we had a power unit which wasn’t performing, which happens of course. And there didn’t seem to be a huge desire from the manufacturer [Renault] at the very top level to put the investment in to turn that around.

“So, you’re then in a bit of a depressing position where, as we all know, to win championships you’ve got to have the three key factors of driver, chassis and engine – and if one of those is weak you won’t win…”
Perhaps one of these three key factors is in question for 2026, but I don't see Newey leaving the technical team he built just because of that. I would think family and quality of life is a greater consideration.

CHT
CHT

After spending nearly 20 years setting up RBR from scratch, first as a joke on the grid to winning their 1st championship, and then to become the most dominating team, breaking multiple records with RB19 in 2023, so it is really hard to imagine AN will abandon RB team on his 20th anniversary at RB to join a rival team just because of CH.

AN leaving RBR is something that is inevitable due to age, and AN must have already groom successors to take over his role within the team. At 65 years old, I think he should have better things to do than in trying to upstage himself in a new team to pursue something that is meaningless to his resume.

Chuckjr

I dunno if winning a championship with Ferrari would be meaningless on any resume, BUT Ferrari is about to become McLaren 2007, and since Shal is likely the faster one, it’s going to get very very very ugly there for a couple years. No telling what condition Ferrari will be in come the end of 2026, but in my view, Newey won’t want any part of that hot mess. I think he just finishes his contract and walks.
Watching F1 since 1986.

CHT
CHT

Chuckjr wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 06:06
I dunno if winning a championship with Ferrari would be meaningless on any resume, BUT Ferrari is about to become McLaren 2007, and since Shal is likely the faster one, it’s going to get very very very ugly there for a couple years. No telling what condition Ferrari will be in come the end of 2026, but in my view, Newey won’t want any part of that hot mess. I think he just finishes his contract and walks.
The thought of AN moving to Ferrari and start winning championship along LH is indeed charming. But in reality, we know that winning championship is not an individual effort and AN himself have gone through a long dry spell of 11 years without winning championship.

If AN still has desire to remain in F1, I think he should consider acquiring British team like Williams F1 and turn it into a top team again. With is credential, I am sure he can easily raise a billion to buy into the team.

DChemTech
DChemTech

CHT wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 08:18
Chuckjr wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 06:06
The thought of AN moving to Ferrari and start winning championship along LH is indeed charming. But in reality, we know that winning championship is not an individual effort and AN himself have gone through a long dry spell of 11 years without winning championship.

If AN still has desire to remain in F1, I think he should consider acquiring British team like Williams F1 and turn it into a top team again. With is credential, I am sure he can easily raise a billion to buy into the team.
That would be cool and AN could certainly create such an atmosphere - regardless of whether car development is all AN (as the myth attest), or it's more of the myth being able to attract the right funds and the right people to bring collaborative development to the next level.
But going to Williams does require some altruism from ANs side, or a significant investment from the team to kick-start something that pays off (probably) in the long term. The big question if that would work, or if Newey will just choose for the big bucks - in which case this may be a big opportunity for Audi to boost their development plans.

Luscion
Luscion

From F1insider - https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-adrian- ... ari-63078/

Rumours of Adrian Newey's departure from Red Bull recently caused a stir. Now the departure is to become official.

It is to become official today: Red Bull wants to publish a statement confirming the departure of star designer Adrian Newey. F1 insider has learnt this from sources close to Newey in his adopted country of South Africa.

The statement is also said to explain the terms of the separation. According to the statement, the British mastermind is said to have reached an agreement with Red Bull to be released earlier from his contract, which actually runs until the end of 2025 and includes a one-year blocking period after that.

This would mean that Newey would be able to work for his potential new employer Ferrari earlier and contribute to their development for the 2026 car, which will be designed according to completely new rules. In the past, this has been a speciality of the British mastermind.

Wouter

Red Bull: Separation from Newey is through

Rumors of Adrian Newey's separation from Red Bull recently caused a stir.
Now the departure is to become official.

Ralf Bach | April 30, 2024 , 10:27 am

It is to become official today: Red Bull wants to publish a statement confirming the departure of star designer Adrian Newey.
F1-Insider learned this from sources close to Newey from his adopted home in South Africa.
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-adrian- ... ari-63078/
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Sad times

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 12:36
Sad times
Yes. And that is all because of these two men. :cry:

The Power of Dreams!

Venturiation
Venturiation

ispano6 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 02:37
Maybe Newey's wife decides where they live next. Italy? Japan!?

A quote of Newey from Motorsport back in March:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newe ... /10587105/
In fact, speaking earlier this year, he said that the only time he had ever considered stepping back was in 2014 when Red Bull was living through a huge disadvantage with its power unit.

“I joined Red Bull [to build a technical team],” he said. “It was a bit of a career risk, but I wanted to again be involved with the development of the team at the start.

“So, having been involved in the start and been involved with Christian and Helmut [Marko] in how we developed the team, then why would I want to walk away from that?

“The only time it came close was in 2014 and that was for completely different reasonings. It was very simply at that time we had a power unit which wasn’t performing, which happens of course. And there didn’t seem to be a huge desire from the manufacturer [Renault] at the very top level to put the investment in to turn that around.

“So, you’re then in a bit of a depressing position where, as we all know, to win championships you’ve got to have the three key factors of driver, chassis and engine – and if one of those is weak you won’t win…”
Perhaps one of these three key factors is in question for 2026, but I don't see Newey leaving the technical team he built just because of that. I would think family and quality of life is a greater consideration.
His wife wants Ferrari and hamilton

Vanja #66

Wouter wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 12:52
chrisc90 wrote:
Sad times

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 042_1.avif
Woah, I missed that! When did we find out Horner launched false-flag character assassination campaign on himself? :o
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Bill
Bill

nothing last forever even if Newey leave Max would be 5 times world champion by the end of these regulation cycle .Newey never gave credits to renault during the blown diffuser era so i find it odd that he feal overlooked .Honda and Max are not getting the credits they deserve if you read comment from fans Newey shadow is overhanging too much.Mclaren didnt suffer after Newey left redbull will do just fine if 2026 pu is good.

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 13:37
Wouter wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 12:52
chrisc90 wrote:
Sad times

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dy ... 042_1.avif
Woah, I missed that! When did we find out Horner launched false-flag character assassination campaign on himself? :o
False flag? Classy take.

ringo

Redbull will be fine. They have enough depth of engineering and tools to continue to do well.
They may not be as invincible and that is in fact better for the sport.
Adrian has made major contributions to the team but so has Honda made it all possible.
Losing Newey is not the end.
Max will finaly have to sweat a little, and having a less dominant car would make Horner think of getting a better driver than Perez.

I suspect Newey is heading to Maranello and he was the key to Hamilton's switch.
Putting my tin foil hat on.. Libertery may have orchestrated all of these moves including the hamilton move to setup a ferrari championship battle while weaking redbull to correct the mistakes of the new regs ( they may have orchestrated the 2021 season as well). Just when we thought f1 was getting boring.
For Sure!!