2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Nikosar wrote:
02 May 2024, 12:04
I hope they bring some minor update, race simulations indicates Aston 5th team with a +0,936s another painful weekend but the season is still long

Simulation without the upgrades* If McLaren and Mercedes bring effective upgrade the gap can be worse
At qualifying Alonso will be in top 3 for sure,at race is a different story but not because of the car,but the tyres.

-wkst-
-wkst-

"For Sure"?

6 - 4 - 10 - 5 - 3

VER will be in the top 3 "for sure".

diffuser

F1doc wrote:
02 May 2024, 08:29
I think the inflexibility over the second seat occupancy may put Newey off AM if he holds values that have now made him leave Red Bull.

Kudos to Newey for maintaining his principles over the Horner HR issues.
I'm not sure why Newey would have anything but respect for Lawrence's stance on Lance.

Yep it means Horner's guilty.

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
02 May 2024, 12:04
I hope they bring some minor update, race simulations indicates Aston 5th team with a +0,936s another painful weekend but the season is still long

Simulation without the upgrades* If McLaren and Mercedes bring effective upgrade the gap can be worse
Just FP1 to get them figured out. Not a high from them being able to get the most out of the upgrades.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Considering that Monaco is potentially the best race for Aston, do you think it's risky to bring the upgrades to Imola? and not Miami? and have more time to analyse the package and optimize it

Upgrades are notorious for ruining speed in qualifying.

remember that last year Aston got worse after an evolution and had to put back an earlier configuration

For MIAMI the forecast now has a moderate possibility of rain for Saturday and Sunday, but the amount of rain remains very low. Could be a little advantage for us.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Miami is classed as a low deg track so fernando could something. Worried about low speed corners which is a massive issue for us

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
02 May 2024, 14:18
"For Sure"?

6 - 4 - 10 - 5 - 3

VER will be in the top 3 "for sure".
One of the best track for Aston,but if you say so...

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
01 May 2024, 08:20
ringo wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:09
Aston dont do everything inhouse so that limits Newey and can cause frustration for his creativity. They depend on Mercedes for engine and gearbox.
If Newey wants pull-twist slinky rod suspension on the rear, he wont be able to get it on the car if Aston doesnt make their own gearbox or engine.
There are too many supplier and business structure limitations with Aston. ( Unless they are building their own geabox in 2026)
Whereas with Ferrari, they make everything themselves and have full freedom to influence the whole car.
The supplier situation must have improved quite a bit with the new factory and yes they are building a gearbox for 2026 as well as the other parts, so I don't think it is because of that.

dialtone wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:28
If anyone did that to Alonso he would be furious.

He was behind and tried to desperately make the car fit, he wasn't anywhere near the apex of the corner.

If they take away this penalty, which they won't, dive bombing and ruining someone's race will be the norm. That's horrible racing, something I would expect out of Stroll, not Alonso.
In my opinion the reason why Fernando is aggressively defending these last races is because he keeps finding himself in a position during the race which is not really reflective of the car and therefore has to do all he can and find all the tricks possible to stay ahead of faster cars behind him. He's carrying this team behind his back, no wonder they resigned him. Now they need to do their job and improve race pace.
It's a little hard to pass in China, which is likely why he tried ...he thought he might be able to hold them back....At a track where it would have been easier to pass, he wouldn't have wasted his time. If he Qualifies on the Podium in Monaco, good luck trying to pass him during the race....

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
02 May 2024, 15:03
Miami is classed as a low deg track so fernando could something. Worried about low speed corners which is a massive issue for us
not high deg on the rears ... Plus there are only 2 turns (17 and 16) that you need hard acceleration out of. The whole slow section (sector 3) doesn't have any hard acceleration until the for mentioned turns.

You're gonna brake for turn 1 turn 2 is front limited and you'll accelerate out of turn 2 and through turn 3 (on full fuel, you'll have to go half throttle or something like that).
Brake for 4 Small acceleration for 5. You're going to be lateral limited through 6 , 7. Hard acceleration out of 8.
9 and 10 are just about flat out ...

11 you're carry speed from the straight, slight accelleration in 12 and 13 but again there you're later limited and you need to brake again soon, lots of lift and coast in that section, usually. Where you're just trying to carry as much speed from turn to turn.
Hard acceleration out 16 and 17 ...
18 is front limited and 19 is hard acceleration but from a over 180 KPH.

Tire hotspots ...ANT is front, POST is back, SX is left, DX is right ...

KimiRai
KimiRai

This car is in my opinion the most beautiful of the field by large (definitely not biased :lol: ), now it needs to find some performance as well. It's very pleasing to the eye. Not only the colour but also shapes, very flowing.

organic

Seems there will be at least 1 part new so maybe a few things planned for Imola arrived early

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst-
-wkst-

Classical Tweet. The new rear wing is obvious (pic Fabrega - hours before) and everything else could be, maybe, but its a sprint...

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
03 May 2024, 08:40
Classical Tweet. The new rear wing is obvious (pic Fabrega - hours before) and everything else could be, maybe, but its a sprint...
It seems you don't like him for some reason and that's okay, to each their own, but I'd think time has proven he's a reliable account.

-wkst-
-wkst-

I don't say he/she is unreliable, just that it is unnecessary to post such a tweet. We already saw the new rear wing (no news) and with further updates he writes in such an unspecific way that either way he is right and can't be proven wrong (they have something (what?) but don't know if they use it).

Newey tweet is another good example. Once Autosport (well respected source) wrote that he won't join AMR, suddenly he tweets about it too.

Such twitter-accounts have to decide. Am I a news site (collecting articles from real journalists) or do I want to play journalist myself. In the 2nd case it would be could to start travelling to races and meet real people instead of listening to anonymous contacts he never met before or can't even judge.