2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sieper

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

Late in FP1. They even went into the pits to cool them down. Lewis did the same in SQ2. It would have been possible.

Vanja #66

Juzh wrote:
04 May 2024, 10:52
Mclaren has serious mid-range pull, I dont remember seeing this before. Look at the delta trace on straight. Verstappen lost ~0.4s on straights alone. And RB is not running some super loaded wing either.
https://i.imgur.com/pK1amZv.jpeg
Lower drag with DRS off and completely new PUs
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

TFSA

dialtone wrote:
03 May 2024, 23:33
Lando didn't bottle anything up. We don't need to have these reactions each time. The driver cannot outdrive the car. McLaren are clearly having tire issues and the track is too hot. Tomorrow will be hotter still but Sunday should be cooler and they will be fine in the race on sunday on the harder compounds, tire deg remains to be seen and there's tomorrow for that.
If going +0.885 slower in SQ3 on softs vs. SQ2 on mediums with better track evolution isn't bottling it, then i don't know what is.

I checked a few other drivers, and they all had a consistent/expected laptime between SQ2 and SQ3.

Sieper

He made a mistake, like many others. Easy to do here. Tonight is the real qualy with 2 chances per session.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Lando qualified behind his teammate who was missing 2 tenths worth of upgrade package. It's a disappointing performance from him and definitely not just the car's fault. If he was ahead of Piastri, then you could be more lenient.

I think he's extremely talented. He's quick in the dry, quick in the wet, and I think not being able to maximize Q3 consistently is his only weakness. He's a lethal package otherwise.

langedweil

AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 16:14
Lando qualified behind his teammate who was missing 2 tenths worth of upgrade package. It's a disappointing performance from him and definitely not just the car's fault. If he was ahead of Piastri, then you could be more lenient.

I think he's extremely talented. He's quick in the dry, quick in the wet, and I think not being able to maximize Q3 consistently is his only weakness. He's a lethal package otherwise.
Lando just needs a win and a pole, from there on the monkey is of his shoulder and he'll become way more lethal. I'd say he's got the potential to outshine CL when the mind sets in. But .. he needs that win & GP pole first.
HuggaWugga !

venkyhere
venkyhere

I think Lando is being slammed needlessly. With the updates to the Mclaren, the only Q remaining is 'is the tyre deg as good as the RedBull or the Ferrari ?'. I wouldn't be surprised if Lando finishes P2 in the sprint race, and nails P1 in qualifying later. The kind of systematic updates that have happened to that car, and the way it was lapping with M tyres (after proper warm up preparation) I bet it's very close to Redbull in terms of pace, and starting position shouldn't matter in a race. It will finish on the podium.

F1NAC

langedweil wrote:
04 May 2024, 16:34
AR3-GP wrote:

Lando just needs a win and a pole, from there on the monkey is of his shoulder and he'll become way more lethal. I'd say he's got the potential to outshine CL when the mind sets in. But .. he needs that win & GP pole first.
His mind sets off when there is a chance for 1st. So that condition is hardly to get from him at the moment. Despite mistakes CL is class above. At the end of the day, last year despite having bad car he still ended up outscoring Lando.

Cs98
Cs98

F1NAC wrote:
04 May 2024, 17:02
langedweil wrote:
04 May 2024, 16:34
AR3-GP wrote:

His mind sets off when there is a chance for 1st. So that condition is hardly to get from him at the moment. Despite mistakes CL is class above. At the end of the day, last year despite having bad car he still ended up outscoring Lando.
The Ferrari was certainly the better car if you account for the entire year. The Macca was awful for the first half.

organic

Ocon has just driven into Leclerc in the pitlane

](*,)

Sevach
Sevach

organic

Verstappen starts on used medium tires (3 laps). Leclerc next to him on front row with fresh rubber. Pérez also on used, behind him Ricciardo, Sainz and Piastri also on new set. #F1

SiLo

some guys on 6 lap old mediums, they do not care haha
Felipe Baby!

Luscion
Luscion

SiLo wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:03
some guys on 6 lap old mediums, they do not care haha
Dont blame them, Sprint isnt worth much points anyways, better to save the new tires for the main race

Vanja #66

Alpine does not deserve a spot on the grid anymore
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 04 May 2024, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie