Mac vs PC Spellchecking

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Giblet
Giblet

Mac vs PC Spellchecking

Mac OS makes me seem smarter than I am as the spell checker is OS wide.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

flynfrog

Re: What if the breakaway happens?

WhiteBlue wrote:I wonder where the spell checker is on this board. Having my browser set to the German language I may not get an English spell checker perhaps.
not sure but firefox might let you use an English checker with the browser set in German

Ray

Giblet wrote:Mac OS makes me seem smarter than I am as the spell checker is OS wide.
Isn't Snow Leopard getting an auto-correction feature too? THAT would be sweet.

WhiteBlue

flynfrog wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:I wonder where the spell checker is on this board. Having my browser set to the German language I may not get an English spell checker perhaps.
not sure but firefox might let you use an English checker with the browser set in German
I'm actually using Safari4 but I'm not aware is has an option for dual language spell checkin.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet
Giblet

Ray wrote:
Giblet wrote:Mac OS makes me seem smarter than I am as the spell checker is OS wide.
Isn't Snow Leopard getting an auto-correction feature too? THAT would be sweet.

I'm sure Snow Leopard (Mac OS) will have it, as Leopard does. I suspect being an upgraded OS it will contain all the features the current one has.

I am using Safari 4 as well (history is _Sweet_ eh WB?) and the spell checker in it is Leopards.

I have had a PC in my house since 1980, and prior to that, was constantly exposed to mainframes and terminals. I can't believe I went Mac. I'm happy, but man, my dad is probably gonna disown me.

Funny how "gonna" is allowed by my spell checker.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:I have had a PC in my house since 1980, and prior to that, was constantly exposed to mainframes and terminals. I can't believe I went Mac. I'm happy, but man, my dad is probably gonna disown me...
I went Mac 8 months ago and turned the whole house around. Got an old Mac Pro and a new unibody MBP both dual boot on 10.5.7 and Bootcamp Vista64. I can't wait for Snow Leopard. After 20 years of MS I hardly ever boot the NTFS drive.

In twelve hours they will kick off Le Mans and I will get the coverage from Eurosport IPTV (1,2 Mbit/s). No way to do that without bloody Mediaplayer (aarggghh).
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Conceptual
Conceptual

WhiteBlue wrote:
Giblet wrote:I have had a PC in my house since 1980, and prior to that, was constantly exposed to mainframes and terminals. I can't believe I went Mac. I'm happy, but man, my dad is probably gonna disown me...
I went Mac 8 months ago and turned the whole house around. Got an old Mac Pro and a new unibody MBP both dual boot on 10.5.7 and Bootcamp Vista64. I can't wait for Snow Leopard. After 20 years of MS I hardly ever boot the NTFS drive.

In twelve hours they will kick off Le Mans and I will get the coverage from Eurosport IPTV (1,2 Mbit/s). No way to do that without bloody Mediaplayer (aarggghh).
Two words:

Virtual Machine

modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Mac vs PC Spellchecking

Sple chikin? Wahts taht?

Giblet
Giblet

VM's have come a long way, baby.

Crossover is still the one for gaming on Macs, because it has good 3d access, but Parallels is simply awesome for everything that is not gaming.

You can run any OS in window like many others, and when running on a dual core intel mac, one core is used for win, one for mac. But there is another mode that lets you have only the program window there in your OSX.

It is very slick, and makes VMWare, WINE, and it's flavors seem cumbersome and awkward.

majicmeow
majicmeow

Whiteblue,

Have you tried the "Flip 4 Mac" player/codec? It allows Quick time to play WMV and WMA files. Not sure if it supports WMP10, but I have NO issues online with any Media player content at all.

Just a thought. Its free to try, but for me well worth the purchase :)

-Aaron

modbaraban
modbaraban

Can anyone suggest a good spell chicken addon for Opera?

I tried the GNU Aspell but it's er... what's the opposite of 'automatic' ? I can't call that 'manual' checking because I'd check much quicker manually without using any Ass-pal thing.

jddh1

Firefox is awesome in the sense that allows you to spell check any language you choose to install.

I only use PC for my Call of Duty fix on my desktop. The laptop is running Ubuntu and I love that.