Wesley123's F1 Model

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
wesley123

Wesley123's F1 Model

Hi,

As the succes of others i open this topic to show my formula1 car model.
Progress doesnt go very fast as im using ZModeler and i alos have to paint things for it.
The car is actually in very basics stages and not even done(exhausts missing, some parts needs to be finished etc.), i will do them soon, but i need to map them too as they come on the model for a game.
The car features very small sidepods, especially at the rear
A shot up from the diffuser wich has a deck in it.

The car will feuature alot of upgrades through time, i am planning to make an front wing to end plate connection somewhat similair to LegendaryM's front wing.
Also i plan to do complex rear wing end plates and sidepod vanes, but all i have to work out firat, as i have a generic idea, but not further.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raceman

Re: Wesley123's F1 Model

=D>

good work, looks impressive :)

DaveKillens

Wow, very impressive. That represents a lot of hard work, and I applaud your efforts. I look forward to the evolution to your design.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

wesley123

Ok, im currently building some sort of a copy of LegendaryM's front wing, although there gonna be alot of differendes in it, the first plane will have a wavy shape. Also, because(i have to work with polygons) this model is going to be so complex it wil ltake a while, i just finished the first plane and center section, also the 'basics' for the connection of the first plane to end plate is doneit is gonna be something really special and revolutionary, im planning to do a combi of 3 or 4 end plates, every wing plane will continue in an end plate, and because im gonna build an upper plane i will somehow combine the first plane(wich continues into a end plate) with the upper deck conection. I hope you guys understand, if not, you'll have to wait and see...

PlatinumZealot

good ole' Zmodeler :wink: . That is what got me into 3D modeling and animation and stuff.

to test in CAD though, it can be transported over but the laminar parts have to be thickened and it takes a while to thicken all those laminar polygons.

The design looks good for sure. It's just the manual placing of polygons holding it back, It would look so good with the smooth surfaces of a Cad or higher up 3D program like Maya or 3Dsmax.

I had done a BMW X5 and Murcielago as one of my first cars in Zmodeler and they suffer the "Boxy look" too. This is what happens when the polygons are kept unrefined. My X5 is seen here rendered in Maya (made in Zmodeler and I drove it in Grand theft Auto III at the time :mrgreen: ).

Still CAD is sorta annoying for me though it's not as free as working with the raw unrestricted polygons and nurbs so I guess that's the good side with Zmodeler/Maya/3Dstudio, but you're gonna have to put it into CAD sometime! You might even start from scratch, because not all the time the CAD program will interpret the geometry as how you want it. So my little advice if you choose to finish it in Zmodeler is: make sure all the parts are "manifold" (No planes and only 2 polygons sharing an edge, no plygons in polygons) and "solid" thick closed volume parts and it should be good to go.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

pascaljackson

hi,

yep modeling in 3d programs is much easier :)

:oops:

Tonn

Nice one
What program did you use pascaljackson?

wesley123

@n smikle; The problem here is that i've set a deadline to get the model ready for a game, wich is actually beefore the season starts, so i have to work on that one too. I have 2 months to test it in game, complete the whole model, make the hdv file etc. wich i think is just enough to finsih the model itself. So i cannot make the model ready for 2 reasons, the one i mentioned and the second is that i have a problem with understanding sentences, and because it is english i do not understand properly what you are saying lol.

pascaljackson

Tonn wrote:Nice one
What program did you use pascaljackson?
I did it in Cinema4d...but there is still alot of work :)

Looks like this:

hey wesly123,

for what game? rfactor or good old gp4? Is it for a fiction f1mod?

LegendaryM

that car is amazing, can u post some more pics
MRVC: Tolo Racing

wesley123

for F1Challenge, i though have plans to convert the car to r/factor too, but first i have to learn how to do, the first try's didnt went that well. So the conversion to rFactor will not be done before seasons ending.

pascaljackson

nice :)looking forward to it...I thought about it to get my car ingame as well, but its just too much work to fix it for 3dsmax and then put it ingame.

Wow thx Legendary, its quite an honer that you like it, there is still a lot of work, diffuser isn't done yet( just a pre-one) and its not that accurate like your car:)

More pics? Just if wesly feels comfortable with it if i post some more pics in his thread:)

LegendaryM

pascaljackson wrote:nice :)looking forward to it...I thought about it to get my car ingame as well, but its just too much work to fix it for 3dsmax and then put it ingame.

Wow thx Legendary, its quite an honer that you like it, there is still a lot of work, diffuser isn't done yet( just a pre-one) and its not that accurate like your car:)

More pics? Just if wesly feels comfortable with it if i post some more pics in his thread:)
Just start your own thread, or post them in mine if you want
MRVC: Tolo Racing

allstaruk08

seeing all these 3D models has made me want to do one i have loads of ideas but its hard to get them to look as good on paper as it does in 3D. so how long do you guys recon im going to take to build one oh and i have never used an 3D modeling program in my life (and im abit useless with computers haha)

bajan-f1

Pascaljackson, is there anyway you could make a downloadable version on your car for Cinema 4d?