Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
RAF
RAF

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

There is still no explaination for the large grey area the fills the area between the rear wing endplates... if this has been photoshopped out then what are they hiding? It can't be anything diffuser related since that would not be clear from that angle anyway.

Richard

raymondu999 wrote:Has a lot of typos doesn't he?
I was going to say you should be fair on the guy because English isn't his motehr tongue. Then I read about his education on wiki ...

"He was educated at Epsom College 1977-83 and then graduated from the London School of Economics in 1987."

I suspect his written English grammar should be better than his Malay!

RAF
RAF

richard_leeds wrote:
I was going to say you should be fair on the guy because English isn't his motehr tongue. Then I read about his education on wiki ...

"He was educated at Epsom College 1977-83 and then graduated from the London School of Economics in 1987."

London School of Economics is nothing special. I had an option to go there after my 3 A-levels. Just because it's in London doesn't mean it's Oxford or Cambridge.

Richard

RAF wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:

London School of Economics is nothing special. I had an option to go there after my 3 A-levels. Just because it's in London doesn't mean it's Oxford or Cambridge.
Epsom College is a bit posh (I know a few foll who went there), and selective. He'd have been there as a boarder.

Richard

Raptor22 wrote: Sorry but is wholly and completely wrong.

The lubricant is formulated ....
Agreed - Refer to page 17 of this thread ... :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=137801#p137801

asdf10101

another lotus f1 spyshot pic

http://twitpic.com/12p33l

robbertmd

Lotus T127

Last edited by robbertmd on 12 Feb 2010, 19:19, edited 2 times in total.

WhiteBlue

great livery! I hope their front wing will go over 100 km/h.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

RacingManiac

it looks shorter in wheelbase than most this year no? The angular tub looks old fashioned, but great paintjob....

sticky667

quite the stubby nose actually compared to some of the others.

Paul

It looks very boxy, I guess they decided to play safe and go for the proven solutions. Although the front wing looks pretty complicated.

pascaljackson

where can i get high res shots of the car? ;)

Carbon

Nice paint, but the overall design strikes me as being a very conservative approach, and somewhat 'undeveloped' or 'unsophisticated' relative to the other 2010 challengers. I might even go so far as saying it resembles a mid-2000 era F1.

To me, the lines are reminiscent of Ferrari's 2005 machine (deleting all the add-on winglets). I was also quite startled to see the rather large sidepod intakes.

ringo

It's ugly and beautiful at the same time, kind of like a classic car.
I like the wheels and livery too.

The side pods are not as primitive as they appear. The horizontal top surface has less pressure drop over it than say a sloped one. Only problem is directly behind that, but they did an ok job of smoothing the rear end.

Most unique, i like it :D

edit: the nose is my only gripe. Kinda looks too inchoate.
For Sure!!

ESPImperium

A steady basline for improvement. Nothing radcal about it, but what it is is a good solid machine that will do the job with little to no failures.

Im gonna say that Tony Fernandes looks as if hes gonna have Richard Branson as a Air Hostess on his airline, just by picture comparison of how fast they look. And the Lotus isnt gonna disolve on the race track as easily.