Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Red Bull RB6

someone said though that they're running low tyre pressures so as to protect them from having overly high pressures and balloon. We haven't quite seen those Red Bulls destroy tyres yet but then again I don't think we've really seen them flat out either. Not in racing conditions, anyways. And I don't understand how Newey could design 2 cars that are so different (in terms of tyre handling) between the 05 McLaren and the '10 Bulls.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

timbo wrote:What makes you think RedBull is hard on tyres? Haven't noticed any problems.
same for me. :|
For Sure!!

ElRebelde
ElRebelde

ringo wrote:
timbo wrote:What makes you think RedBull is hard on tyres? Haven't noticed any problems.
According to Bridgestone via Mark Hughes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 629477.stm

autogyro
autogyro

ElRebelde wrote:
ringo wrote:
According to Bridgestone via Mark Hughes
I love the way Mark Hughes tries to re write history.
After two paragraphs I lost focus on his conclusions.
Way to many potential variables to write such a story.

On the tyres, without a full list of the mechanical and aero set up differences between cars, the statements are insuficient.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Lets not forget that after winter testing Bridgestone announced that Sauber were the lightest on their tyres by far and could be a dark horse....so many unknowns and what ifs.

ringo

We have to watch the wording as well. The bridgestone man made his observation for the practice sessions. We all know redbull run heavier than the others in practice. Unless the tyre engineers give him an idea of how heavy each car is running, i don't really know if he is representing the data with all considerations accounted for or trying to throw in arbitrary details to spice things up for the media; purposely ignoring that the teams run different programs.
For Sure!!

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Mysticf1 wrote:Lets not forget that after winter testing Bridgestone announced that Sauber were the lightest on their tyres by far and could be a dark horse....so many unknowns and what ifs.
Yea.. because they're slow.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

marcush.
marcush.

i´m pretty sure Bridgestone won´t pass possibly delicate data to the media without crosschecking and signing of by the teams?

PlatinumZealot

Well the teams get the tyres for free so I guess bridgestone can do what they want with the tyre data.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.
marcush.

I´m not sure if Bridgestone would like to share more than random things with the public and their competitors.
And as we have learned they do not really know what really is going on...or misinform the public by putting forward unreflected observations.. as shown with
officially putting sauber into a dark horse favorite position ,when they only were
always running low fuel / underweight..

raymondu999

maybe rbr paid them to say that to lull everyone into a false sense of security? :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

autogyro
autogyro

Did Ferrari pay you for the duplicate posts raymondu?

segedunum
segedunum

ElRebelde wrote:According to Bridgestone via Mark Hughes
Complete bollocks. Barcelona will be RBR's strongest track simply because it is all about downforce, and they have it. I wish the BBC wouldn't pay idiots to write this crap.

The tyre angle is an interesting one because RBR are probably faster through corners than other cars and will wear their tyres at perhaps a greater rate. There's nothing new there. However, what's the point in wearing your tyres less when you aren't faster and don't have track position? China and what happened there is a slight worry, but the conditions were completely out of whack and it's impossible to do a comparison. Their tyre wear at Bahrain and Australia in dry conditions looked absolutely fine. We shall see.

triart3d
triart3d

Don't know if this was discused

Red bull at full speed ( china, webber)

Red bull at low speed ( webber out of track, china)

Rear wing move?

Carbon
Carbon

I'm not sure, but it looks like the difference between the two pics above is the load generated by the rear wing at speed, compressing the springs, and making the car look lower.