Race Data 2011 Season

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gert

Re: Race Data 2011 Season

You're welcome! ;)

Do you know how far ago these reports were available?
I have all of them for 2008, but only 2 for 2009 (Interlagos & Abu Dhabi)
Where there any before 2008?

timbo

Oh, couldn't you please post 2008 data?

gert

Alright, will do :)

2008 is here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10652

(Just the start for now, the rest will be added)

Richard

Added Italy. Also added link to 2008 data from gert, and a link to ESPs dataset.

FIA

Australian GP 2011 - Melbourne
Malaysian GP 2011 - Sepang
Chinese GP 2011 - Shanghai
Turkish GP 2011 - Istanbul
Spanish GP 2011 - Barcelona
Moncaco GP 2011 - Monte Carlo Scarbs has a blog about Monaco telemetry discussed here
Canadian GP 2011 - Montreal
European GP 2011 - Valencia
British GP 2011 - Silverstone
German GP 2011 - Nürburgring
Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring
Belgian GP 2011 - Spa-Francorchamps
Italian GP 2011 - Monza

Regulations

Live race timing - The same data that the teams use on the pit lane.

Race data home page - Includes full timing data for the current race weekend, scrutineers reports, and details of parc ferme changes.

Other sources

ESP has assembled an impressive data set including engine and gearbox usage.

Race data is also available at http://www.f1matrix.it/

2010 Race Data thread is here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8168
2008 Race Data thread is here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10652
Last edited by Richard on 19 Sep 2011, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

ESPImperium

Richard, sorry for hyjacking your thread a little; but im not sure if this is visable to everyone, but here is my 2011 data sheets to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_US#gid=3

Any questions, please ask and ill try to answer.

Richard

Thanks ESP - You are not hijacking, more sources and data is better! I've updated the post above to include your link. Let me know if you'd rather a different description.

ESPImperium

Im fine with that.

Ill update at a later date, probably post each event now i know that way works.

Richard

ObserverF1

Hey guys. Isn't this just weird to save copies of timing pdfs after each F1 event instead of FIA make all of them accessible through their official site?

Richard

The FIA works in mysterious ways.

Also, they don't always publish the same amount of info for each race, ie steward & tech reports are often missing.

intelligentF1

Hi there - first post. I was wondering what you guys do with the data that you download.

I've just started playing with the data from Monza and Singapore, and found lots of stuff you can do with it - like getting out the underlying race pace of the cars and seeing how the tyres get used. By fitting the data I can see where there are inconsistencies in pace or predict what could happen with different strategies.

Are you guys doing similar stuff? It might be interesting to compare notes. I set up a blog at http://www.intelligentf1.wordpress.com so you can see what I'm trying to do. What I'd really like to do is to link in to the live timing and do this stuff in real time.

This thread seems to be about the getting/archiving of the data - is there somewhere that you post what you are able to find out from it?

By the way, I'm James. Nice to find people interested in the race data.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I watch for the racing, but I like playing with the data...
http://www.intelligentf1.wordpress.com

timbo

Nice blog, not much time to look deeply, but seems like interesting insight! =D>

ESPImperium

intelligentF1 wrote:Hi there - first post. I was wondering what you guys do with the data that you download.

I've just started playing with the data from Monza and Singapore, and found lots of stuff you can do with it - like getting out the underlying race pace of the cars and seeing how the tyres get used. By fitting the data I can see where there are inconsistencies in pace or predict what could happen with different strategies.

Are you guys doing similar stuff? It might be interesting to compare notes. I set up a blog at http://www.intelligentf1.wordpress.com so you can see what I'm trying to do. What I'd really like to do is to link in to the live timing and do this stuff in real time.

This thread seems to be about the getting/archiving of the data - is there somewhere that you post what you are able to find out from it?

By the way, I'm James. Nice to find people interested in the race data.

You can do it its pretty easy, i have a look and do it in my head very roughly. If i had more time, d be able to give concrete pace on whhgat tires and uch going on FP1 and FP2 data. However i dont he te time s i just settle for the engie and distance stuff with quali times and chassis data.

Richard

intelligentF1

I've had a go at analysing the Japanese race, again from the data. Interesting variation in Vettel's underlying pace in order to protect the tyres.

However, I don't agree that it's easy to understand the FP times at all. I think that inferring fuel loads is difficult, and that you certainly can't do it by using the qualifying data - I tried it. I'll have a go at getting it out of the race pace, but you have to be fairly careful in normalising against the track conditions. I think there's a good chance with the long runs, but that the single laps are a bit dodgy - statistical significance and all that. I'm not sure I understand how you can account for fuel and tyres (type and age/degradation) from one piece of data.

I'd be interested to know how you would do it...

-----------------------------------------------------------
I watch for the racing, but I like playing with the data...