Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MIKEY_!

Re: Ferrari F2012

And they were applauded for their efforts, despite their failure. Ferrari meanwhile was criticized for taking to conservative approach. They admitted that's why they were so slow. Next year they don't want to make the same mistake.

aleks_ader

Re: Ferrari 150° Italia

Does anybody (expecially Itallian) know if Ferrari will run next year maybe Williams style gearbox + push rod suspension? And if they plan totaly new concept of side pods?

Alex thx!
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

shelly
shelly

The "ferrari 2012" thread on the autosport forum has some info gathered from twitter.

Some of them seem to come from an insider, and they hint at a radical new floor conceived by Byrne and realized by Tombazis.

The idea I got from that is that maybe they will have a a floor conceived to work differently with the sidepods, maybe channelling air from the sides, with a shape different form the rectangular we are used to
twitter: @armchair_aero

aleks_ader

I heard that Ferrari will be "redesign" or "reinvented" new more tighter cooling system...

and some inside infos : There are two lines of development that they are working right now. They are different and have different prospectives. They still have not chosen the right one. Some inside sad that It has to do more with the nouse and front wing.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

I think Ferrari is too obsessed with the flexible front wing stuff. But why teams haven't learn from the past? FIA didn't really go against any new or radical innovations being apply on F1 cars The moment the FIA step in and ban a certain concept is when teams are starting to abuse it or pushing it towards the extreme point! The blowing diffuser concept appeared since last year why would the FIA start banning it this year? This is due to our smart engine manufacture- Renault who publicly said that the had altered the engine mapping to increase fuel consumption to create more exhaust gas and generate more DF then there is where the problem starts! The same thing applies on the flexy wing if Ferrari still continue publicly say that they are developing a more flexy wing all those --- then it will make the FIA thinks that to develop it it will cause an increase in cost then they will find a way to ban it no matter what so Ferrari keep your mouth SHUT before the FIA really ban ur multi million euros worth of concept !!

Forza

NonNewtonic wrote:I think Ferrari is too obsessed with the flexible front wing stuff. But why teams haven't learn from the past? FIA didn't really go against any new or radical innovations being apply on F1 cars The moment the FIA step in and ban a certain concept is when teams are starting to abuse it or pushing it towards the extreme point! The blowing diffuser concept appeared since last year why would the FIA start banning it this year? This is due to our smart engine manufacture- Renault who publicly said that the had altered the engine mapping to increase fuel consumption to create more exhaust gas and generate more DF then there is where the problem starts! The same thing applies on the flexy wing if Ferrari still continue publicly say that they are developing a more flexy wing all those --- then it will make the FIA thinks that to develop it it will cause an increase in cost then they will find a way to ban it no matter what so Ferrari keep your mouth SHUT before the FIA really ban ur multi million euros worth of concept !!
There were some reports that Fia will make stricter front wing tests in order to reduce wing flxing. I agree with you that FIA thinks that development of it will cause an increase of costs so maybe they will make changes in regulations aswell.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

NonNewtonic wrote: The same thing applies on the flexy wing if Ferrari still continue publicly say that they are developing a more flexy wing all those --- then it will make the FIA thinks that to develop it it will cause an increase in cost then they will find a way to ban it no matter what so Ferrari keep your mouth SHUT before the FIA really ban ur multi million euros worth of concept !!
Could it be Ferrari is doing this on purpose because in fact they can not firgure out the flex wing design? Their goal is much stronger wing restrictions that removes an advantage they are unable to develop.

Brian

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

hardingfv32 wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote: The same thing applies on the flexy wing if Ferrari still continue publicly say that they are developing a more flexy wing all those --- then it will make the FIA thinks that to develop it it will cause an increase in cost then they will find a way to ban it no matter what so Ferrari keep your mouth SHUT before the FIA really ban ur multi million euros worth of concept !!
Could it be Ferrari is doing this on purpose because in fact they can not firgure out the flex wing design? Their goal is much stronger wing restrictions that removes an advantage they are unable to develop.

Brian
It may be their ultimate target but from what I've seen so far Ferrari did manufacture a few flexy wing and bolt it on their car during races but they are facing problems which they haven't manage get to the bottom of it before the season ends. We will see what the Ferraris has on their chassis next season

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

NonNewtonic wrote:It may be their ultimate target but from what I've seen so far Ferrari did manufacture a few flexy wing and bolt it on their car during races but they are facing problems which they haven't manage get to the bottom of it before the season ends. We will see what the Ferraris has on their chassis next season
What you saw was Ferrari intentionally demonstrating how inept they are at designing a flex wing and hoping the rules can be changed to help them, because it is not good for the "show" to have Ferrari un-competitive as everyone knows.

Brian

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Luca Colajanni has shared with autosprint, "The new project is a clean break with the past and a very different one."

And the launch date hasn't been set just yet but the one most heard on the web is 7 February.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

aleks_ader

mx_tifosi wrote:Luca Colajanni has shared with autosprint, "The new project is a clean break with the past and a very different one."

And the launch date hasn't been set just yet but the one most heard on the web is 7 February.
Yes I also find news from spain newspaper AS.com which cofirmed the lauch date (7.2.2012)...
http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/ferrar ... imot_2/Tes

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

^ Do you speak Spanish?

Because as far as I understand they don't clarify the exact launch date, but rather that the car will be ready for the first test of the season, 7 Feb. Traditionally they launch somewhere in Italy and most recently in Valencia, but I suppose that they could launch on site in Jerez. Although that would be quite odd.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

aleks_ader

mx_tifosi wrote:^ Do you speak Spanish?

No, but i quite understand it!
Because as far as I understand they don't clarify the exact launch date, but rather that the car will be ready for the first test of the season, 7 Feb. Traditionally they launch somewhere in Italy and most recently in Valencia, but I suppose that they could launch on site in Jerez. Although that would be quite odd.
Oh yeah the exact launch date of the car (ceremony??) I missunderstud that... I think official lunch TEST date of car, sorry! In that spanish article write just that ferrari will be ready for official test in Jerez 7 february...

But i m sure the first officialy anoncemend will be in Mugello (or Maranello)? Maybe just one week before 7 february?

italian
italian

aleksandergreat wrote: But i m sure the first officialy anoncemend will be in Mugello (or Maranello)? Maybe just one week before 7 february?
Maranello, their factory is in Maranello not in Mugello.
Last year they presented the new car on 28th January and the first test-session was on 1st February so I think they will show the car few days before the 7th February 2012.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

aleks_ader

italian wrote:
aleksandergreat wrote: But i m sure the first officialy anoncemend will be in Mugello (or Maranello)? Maybe just one week before 7 february?
Maranello, their factory is in Maranello not in Mugello.
Last year they presented the new car on 28th January and the first test-session was on 1st February so I think they will show the car few days before the 7th February 2012.
No you dont understad me!!! If i remember in 2009 (F60) car were presendet on Mugello circuit (or was that first official test day)... Beacuse of money saving? But is true that 150th (and many others) were presented in Maranelo...

Sorry that evend was canceled due Weather conditions... Sorry i forgoted...
Felipe Massa undertook the debut run of the car with a shakedown at Mugello later that day.[3] The car was initially intended to debut at Ferrari's home Fiorano track,[4] but the venue was changed due to poor weather conditions at Maranello