2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

Re: Ferrari F2012

at the last column we can see the fuel on board on the particular stints he made.and also we can make out left tires were overheating because there is an x mark.

Ratatouille
Ratatouille

Was he running with 104kg of fuel and later switched to 201kg?

It also seems to mention a change to a new spec front wing in the next to last stint.

Very interesting stuff indeed. If this is true 2012 testing data I guess it confirms Ferrari is screwed.

banibhusan

Thats the tyre set numbers if you look at the sheet closely. The "Start Fuel" and the "Fuel out" boxes are empty. I don't see the Fuel level mentioned anywhere else also.

If someone can enhance and post the exact information in sheet, then that would be wonderful. :)

Predator

Enhanced. Drag to enlarge:

ImageImage

banibhusan

Do these numbers on the right hand side of the sheet, before every subsequent run, refer to the amount of fuel on board? For ex. before Run1 if you notice the sheet says "19+20". Does this mean the car has 19 to 20 laps of fuel on board or it means the car is scheduled to run for 19 to 20 laps with the current set of tyres?

amouzouris

i think that those numbers (19+20,20,21) is the run number...

Hail22

09:22 Alonso goes fastest on the hard, or are they unmarked, tyres? Hard to tell with the way the sunshine is coming across. A 1m22.477s nonetheless

Positive, also speaking to someone on Scuderia who is known to have technical information. He thinks its best to watch out for Force India and Lotus instead of the big players...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

banibhusan

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Alonso just did a 1:22.250 now on supersofts. One flyer and back into the pits.

ReLax

amouzouris wrote:i think that those numbers (19+20,20,21) is the run number...
Yeah, when you look at the pictures, they numbered their laps from 1-XXX in this case the last Lap on the sheet was lap 99.
They used instead of both boxes, only one box for one stint. And the first 3 Stint's on that paper are on the left side and mostly in/out laps. Only then they began to make long runs. The numbers on the left hand side and right hand sinde at the borders are stint-numbers. So run 14-17 they used the same set as the box at the bottom right corner.

In the auto-motor and sport live ticker it is said, Massa and Alonso have to be quiet this week end. AMS thinks that there is growing unrest in the team.

Hail22

ReLax wrote:
amouzouris wrote:i think that those numbers (19+20,20,21) is the run number...
Yeah, when you look at the pictures, they numbered their laps from 1-XXX in this case the last Lap on the sheet was lap 99.
They used instead of both boxes, only one box for one stint. And the first 3 Stint's on that paper are on the left side and mostly in/out laps. Only then they began to make long runs. The numbers on the left hand side and right hand sinde at the borders are stint-numbers. So run 14-17 they used the same set as the box at the bottom right corner.

In the auto-motor and sport live ticker it is said, Massa and Alonso have to be quiet this week end. AMS thinks that there is growing unrest in the team.

There is a problem between Massa and Alonso most likely...they should of given Massa the Sack...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

NathanOlder

trouble follows Fernando around.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Hail22

NathanOlder wrote:trouble follows Fernando around.
Maybe its time Perez is elevated to Ferrari and Alguesuari should join him?

Seems like a good combo to me...or Perez and Ricciardo.

Gilles Villeneuve

Schurcedes
Schurcedes

The photograph of their programme only seems to confirm it was a race sim. If it does say 'Quali' at the start of the first run it would mean it's the start of a race sim on tyres that have had a qualifying simulation.

While the 1\2 in 101,203 is probably a compound designation followed by set number.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

myurr
myurr

Looking at those pics it actually looks like Ferrari have the tightest side pods, thus exposing the most amount of floor ahead of the rear tyres. Red Bull and McLaren look broadly the same in this regard but with McLaren having a bit of a bump further back where the Red Bull gets really tight.

It looks like Ferrari gets its tighter side pod by shifting more of it forward. Where McLaren has a nice undercut at the front and gentle curve round the entire front and side the Ferrari looks much squarer at the front.

Mercedes and Lotus look good in this area as well although visually they lack the detail and sophistication of the McLaren and Red Bull.