Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tubbs

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Hey guys, Attended the Aus GP last weekend and something odd happened, a Merc stopped on track, the Merc of Nico Rosberg. Aus GP allows you to run onto the track to watch the podium so before running to the podium and with marshals shoving me away I tried to get as many photos of the the rear wing, F-Duct, Diffuser and Rear wheel fins as possible before booting to the podium. hope these are ok, could have got a lot more detail but was in a rush and being bumped.

Sorry for the tons of photos guys but yeah hope they are insightful!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Very nice Tubbs!

Did Nico get all defensive? :lol:
More could have been done.
David Purley

mahesh248
mahesh248

Nice job ......

Tubbs

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Very nice Tubbs!

Did Nico get all defensive? :lol:
He wasn't a happy chap, stuck on track surrounded by 100's of people snapping photos of his secretive car, this is how close I got to the W03, im the guy on the right in the white shirt leaning over the rear wing with my iPhone.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Nice one mate, photos much appreciated here :D
More could have been done.
David Purley

aduka11
aduka11

Isnt this bit dangerous for the driver?...to let the fans so close to him.

Joie de vivre

that is not schumi's car (yellow camera)

aduka11
aduka11

Joie de vivre wrote:that is not schumi's car (yellow camera)
We know...

Check prevouse page and you will see pic of Nico standing right next to the car.

bot6
bot6

Tubbs wrote: Image
Look at the two slits either side of the "crash structure duct swan neck whatever it's called". Could those be the F/W/whatever the letter duct exit?

raymondu999

Did anyone pull up the DRS flap and take a closeup of the DRS endplate duct?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

If I was Norbert Haug i would be severely peed off that some drunken ape spilled beer over a 20 odd million dollar car.....
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

gonzo_sbz
gonzo_sbz

Mercedes lacks a clever exhaust system. They are clearly behind in that area and needs to exploit that potential! If not earlier we have to wait for Barcelona? Or will there be a new exhaust version even this weekend in Sepang?

sidmiester
sidmiester

to Tubbs....

taking pic is nice but could you not keep it for yourself????

to take pictures and expose them over the internet ... thats someones hard work, so many people have sweat blood day and night over the winter without having rest or holidays actually ever since mid season that people have been working so hard on this car ... only to be taken pictures and all the hardwork being exposed and deprived of... just with one snapshot.... :cry:

imagine if you are one of the people working on this car so hard and someone takes the pictures and takes away months of your hard work... how do u feel..

thats why i understand what michael schumacher was trying to do, in practice session when he spun his car.

btw im new to this forum but i have been reading very insightful stuff from all of u guys, so thanks heaps.

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

^^^^
What a peculiar post!
He took pictures of something we are very interested in & posted them here. It is his function. Mercedes function is to develop the stuff and protect their proprietary information. Ours is to uncover it. They had a bit of a failure here but Michael did a sterling job earlier.
Sadly we know where the entry hole is (well we believe it is the entry hole) but we still aren't sure where the exit is.

sidmiester
sidmiester

btw any thoughts on Loic Bigois? do u guys think he will last longer in this team now that Geoff Willis has joined the team?

how do u guys rate his work so far? i was wondering this because for few years now Mercedes weakest area is from aero department.