Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Ferrari F14T

6 tenths, they are wasting their Alonso advantage... i kid, i kid.

Ultra_Tech
Ultra_Tech

deterherligt wrote:Ted Kravitz just said that there is a rumour that the Ferrari is 18kg overweight. Is there anyone that have heard more? That must be a massive disadvantage...
All we know is for sure is that Ferrari is once again significantly behind the likes of Mercedes, and possibly williams, McLaren and Red Bull.

Alot of wishful thinking going on in the other forums, particularly autosport where some of the more deluded fan boys were convinced Ferrari were sangbagging as somekind of master plan to hide their pace. :lol:

Ferrari has dropped the ball again, no suprises there really.

Dominicali will be here any minute to say "The season is long"

Miguel
Miguel

deterherligt wrote:Ted Kravitz just said that there is a rumour that the Ferrari is 18kg overweight. Is there anyone that have heard more? That must be a massive disadvantage...
All cars are actually overweight this year. From reading this forum, Ferrari may actually be one of the less overweight teams. Ferrari have also gone in a different way for the (gasp, apologies for the term) "turbo cover", trying to put it out of the homologated parts, and hoping to improve it even in a nonstandard configuration.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Sevach
Sevach

Miguel wrote:
All cars are actually overweight this year. From reading this forum, Ferrari may actually be one of the less overweight teams. Ferrari have also gone in a different way for the (gasp, apologies for the term) "turbo cover", trying to put it out of the homologated parts, and hoping to improve it even in a nonstandard configuration.
Ultimately Ferrari was forced to change their cover to what Mercedes and Renault have.

Hulkenberg said on the grid that he actually has ballast in his car.
Williams is also under the limit.

Holm86

Did Raikkonen have problems with brake balance?? He seemed to lock up the front tires a lot at turn 9.

Abarth

IF the problem is the charge/discharge power and the resulting heat generation in the battery pack, this will be a tough one.
The ES belongs to the PU and cannot be modified except for reliability reasons.

lombers
lombers

tpe wrote:Well, with one race already finished, what I see is the following:
  • F14-T is 2 seconds slower than Mercedes in race trim
  • F14-T is 1.5 seconds slower than Red Bull
  • F14-T is 1 second slower than McLaren
  • F14-T is 0.5(?) seconds slower than Williams
  • F14-T is on par with Force India and STR.
What do you think?
I don't think it's that bad.

The Merc is around 1 sec a lap quicker than everyone else. Williams and McLaren look next strongest on race pace, Ferrari and RBR are probably following them.

Alonso's race was compromised today by being held up and I also think Ferrari have fuel consumption concerns. It's not ideal yet, but I think everyone is leagues behind Mercedes.

The qualifying time discussion is total BS. Both Lewis and Ric got an extra lap over Rosberg, Alonso and the rest which means the track was slightly drier. Also Alonso only managed one flying lap on those wet tyres after starting the session on the inters.

It's clear the car needs development fast. It will be interesting to see what updates are available for the next race.

Sevach
Sevach

I think it looked bad, Hulkenberg was going away from Alonso on the straights even though Alonso had his DRS open.

The chassis is ok (on Alonso's hands, Kimi was all over the place), but the engine is bad IMO.

tpe
tpe

So, we all agree that the problem seems to be on the power unit. Kimi's problems seems to be braking balance. We will see. Personally, I don't buy the "electrical problems". Because after FP2 it was clear that Ferrari was nowhere near Mercedes powered cards.

max_speed
max_speed

Goran2812 wrote:ferrari reported both cars suffered electrical issues for the whole race, and weren't able to use full power practically the hole race..
this is just another lie by that bad designer of f14T, pat fry. i dnt know wht kind of aero direction they have taken..in corners it was getting easily caught by bottas and its clear ferrari's engine is worst. in straight line bottas was catching raikonen like anything and even with drs enabled alonso was not able to catch hulkenberg. as usual tht stefano will appeal for calm but looking at resurgence of redbull in span of two weaks and strong mclarean and scorching mercedes , i have no doubts tht ferrari has destroyed the career of alonso for sure. i am so pissed off today

max_speed
max_speed

Dominicali will be here any minute to say "The season is long"[/quote][/quote]

he is already here saying we achieved our objectives in terms of reliability.. i am done with reliability crap, with a reliable car u have been ending up 2-3 rd for past 4 years.

ecapox

So everyone BUT Ferrari breached the fuel flow limit and you knuckleheads are doom and gloom after race 1? Excellent...

basti313
basti313

Sevach wrote:
Miguel wrote:
Ultimately Ferrari was forced to change their cover to what Mercedes and Renault have.

Hulkenberg said on the grid that he actually has ballast in his car.
Williams is also under the limit.
Thanks, this proves, that the rich Ferrari team can not be over weight if even teams like FI with a heavy driver match the weight limit. Lightweight building is just a matter of cost.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

No professional organization is going to can major people at the beginning of a season. That's ridiculous.

One race in - could their performance be better? Absolutely. We'll see how that goes. If Ferrari do have excellent reliability that will play to their advantage as the season drags on and others struggle.

SD saying the season is long.. well, it is long. What's he supposed to say? "Oh we're throwing in the towel after this race" ? I can think of major race series where a championship has been won in part to a major contender blowing a tire in one race and DNF'ing for mechanical issues in the final race of the season. That's why professionals keep a level head and just grind out the season.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Goran2812
Goran2812

ecapox wrote:So everyone BUT Ferrari breached the fuel flow limit and you knuckleheads are doom and gloom after race 1? Excellent...
i didn't see anyone else get disqualified except red bull regarding the fuel flow so your statement is not valid...
Ferrari just suck... again... for the 4 year in a row... Which is sad for a team that is a symbol for F1.

Regarding the car itself, I think aero is good, they have major problems with power delivery...

We'll see what happens in the next race
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1