Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Re: Haas - American team in F1

ChrisF1 wrote:Really don't see the point in things like that being posted - it's been made clear that it'll be a Ferrari powered car etc.

I just wanted to put a Haas car with one of their existing sponsors, I think the GoDaddy sponsorship on NASCAR is worth in excess of $20 million USD a season, a $20 million that would be welcome in the kitty of Gene Haas if he can convince them about the global visibility.

Of the others not sure who would take a plunge (maybe some other Mobil brand) and Budweiser

Yeah I did not have the time or the will to remove Honda of the livery

FW17

Sniffit wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:What happened to the Haas team

No news from them for over a month
Nascar season began. They probably just forgot about this.

Or they simply doesn't have anything new to tell.

I thought Haas would test the interest in the States by dragging a show car to the NASCAR events (which has a great interaction with the fans). Vijay Malya used to do this by placing the Force India Car in event of his Cricket team.

But I think NASCAR would have objected to this........

Moxie
Moxie

His NASCAR sponsors, and suppliers might also object to this idea. Stewart Haas use Chevrolet engines, and that agreement probably includes some sort of logo placement/ advertising association. I can't imagine GM would be pleased if Haas were to use the event to show off a Fiat engined F1 car.

FW17

Moxie wrote:His NASCAR sponsors, and suppliers might also object to this idea. Stewart Haas use Chevrolet engines, and that agreement probably includes some sort of logo placement/ advertising association. I can't imagine GM would be pleased if Haas were to use the event to show off a Fiat engined F1 car.

We did see a seat swap at a promotional event with Mobil 1; Hamilton driving Tony Stewart's car and vice-versa some 3 years back at a track owned by NASCAR

Sniffit

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Moxie wrote:His NASCAR sponsors, and suppliers might also object to this idea. Stewart Haas use Chevrolet engines, and that agreement probably includes some sort of logo placement/ advertising association. I can't imagine GM would be pleased if Haas were to use the event to show off a Fiat engined F1 car.

We did see a seat swap at a promotional event with Mobil 1; Hamilton driving Tony Stewart's car and vice-versa some 3 years back at a track owned by NASCAR
Watkins Glen is not owned by NASCAR.

FW17

giantfan10 wrote:Haas racing is going ahead as scheduled sorry they have no interest in appeasing skeptics like you by having daily press conferences to update their progress
F1 media has become so used to press releases that there is hardly an effort for any real journalism

I was not expecting press releases, I was expecting the F1 media to write about what has been happening at Hass Concord and Barbary. If that means counting the increase in cars at their car park, looking out for familiar faces entering the building, so be it.

giantfan10
giantfan10

WilliamsF1 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:Haas racing is going ahead as scheduled sorry they have no interest in appeasing skeptics like you by having daily press conferences to update their progress
F1 media has become so used to press releases that there is hardly an effort for any real journalism

I was not expecting press releases, I was expecting the F1 media to write about what has been happening at Hass Concord and Barbary. If that means counting the increase in cars at their car park, looking out for familiar faces entering the building, so be it.
mercedes and ferrari have made the world press focus on the cars in season is my best guess...come this offseason they will go back to digging everywhere for storys

strad

when there is anything newsworthy that happens I'm sure the media will be all over it.
They are not in business to report boring.
Hell if they have to they will make stuff up rather than report there is nothing to report.. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Charlatan
Charlatan

The entire Haas setup is so unclear, chassis designed by who really, Ferrari, Dallara, Haas or even by the old Caterham office?

And that "Ferrari partnership", the only tangible evidence seen so far is that tiny sticker on Ferrari's 2014 car, isn't it?

ME4ME

It's only roughly about one and a half months ago since the last big press release from Haas F1 team.

Since they aren't racing yet, the lack of news doesn't seem particularly worrying to me.

What we know from the press release:
Construction of the team’s equipment, from transporters to the pit apparatus to garage setup, is well underway. Upon completion, all will be housed at Haas F1 Team’s Banbury location.
Key personnel have also been added, notably Dave O’Neill as team manager, Rob Taylor as chief designer and Ben Agathangelou as chief aerodynamicist.
Agathangelou and Taylor have already designed the 60-percent scale model of the car Haas F1 Team will race in 2016. The duo has logged numerous hours in the wind tunnel it shares with Haas F1 Team technical partner Scuderia Ferrari. By working diligently to develop the scale model now, Haas F1 Team will be ready to go racing in 2016.
“Our technical partnership with Ferrari has allowed us to develop our car and our people at an exceptional pace."
-> Scale model of the car is being developed. 3 head-line signings, other personal is getting educated. Equipment is being build. Certainly sounds like progress is being made. Id like to think that they are just getting on with the job at hand, without feeling the need do talk up their future chances of succes.

SteveRacer

I do not have issue with negativity or skepticism. In my opinion, some people like to continue to drive the same points while not adding to the conversation.

bdr529

I think there's more to it then just a little sticker on the car

the FXX K sounds great by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0MGc5LQso

pob

Much of the scepticism stems from that the Haas entry was announced after a not very widely publicised tender process, and the approval of Haas was leaked early by Bernie at a time when F1 looked in considerably poor health with several teams in financial difficulty. People just assumed it's classic Bernie misdirection: "look, there's no money problems in F1, there's a new team right here ready to join..."

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bdr529 wrote:I think there's more to it then just a little sticker on the car

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/ ... 2kqhkd.jpg

the FXX K sounds great by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0MGc5LQso
oh wait, silly me, i was expecting something in the lines of Haas F1 team promotion on anything F1 related, i didn't know private track placed banners count as proof Haas has proven their big words......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

I think it's right to be skeptical of ANY new team in F1 considering the finances of the sports lower teams regardless of nationality. But that doesn't mean a lack of reporting means anything either way. Any major car developments would be kept somewhat secret, as would shortcomings. I think it's being read into just a bit much...its far too early to base an educated opinion on the amount of information released.

I am surprised Haas has gone this far, but more so because it just doesn't seem like a good idea to come into F1. Maybe he got a special revenue deal...and He obviously knows more than I do. As an american I want to see it work. However...I just can't imagine it working out too well. I wish he would have just dumped a few hundred million into making INDY better known and onto better tracks.