2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1
GhostF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

godlameroso wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 01:40
The Mercedes this year has better straight line speed than last year with more drag and weight, and the grip in low speed corners is no better than last year, only in high speed turns do we see a difference. These changes don't really make sense to me unless there's a lot of development planned ahead.
Except Verstappen reckons he can brake later and power earlier out of slow corners with the increased mechanical grip. So I'd say they are quicker there also.
I think it's probably not far from the truth that a lot of the cars will look totally different come Abu Dhabi.

Singabule
Singabule

Cars behaves well, drivability is better just in 2 weeks. Wiring loom is solved or partially solved. Vibration... They counteract as they could. And what is MCL doing to support, revising their gearbox? I dont think so. They look mess with froggy on lead. We need person like Paddy (ops)

godlameroso

Froggy is a manager, he's not a technical guy. Tim Goss and Prodromu are the technical guys behind the chassis.
Saishū kōnā

dashboard107k
dashboard107k

Logitech now a sponsor for Mclaren-honda.

https://mobile.twitter.com/McLarenF1/st ... 5857224706

Singabule
Singabule

Alo 10!!

Singabule
Singabule

:cry: Suspension problem

mwillems

Well they can finish a race with no engine blowouts and the electronics in place, for both drivers. Hopefully they can refine the setup to allow a bit more power next time out. This is good news for Mclaren

But poor old Alonso knows that he's not going to enjoy the next few races with only the next engine update a hope of something better (Which may not even be that great). It's not going to be a fun 2 months for him.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

sonyfever
sonyfever

Singabule wrote::cry: Suspension problem
The ball is now in MCL's hand. Surely they cannot say the cause was engine vibration?

nevill3

I think they retired ALO so they get a new penalty free gearbox for the next race.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

proteus

sonyfever wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 08:59
Singabule wrote::cry: Suspension problem
The ball is now in MCL's hand. Surely they cannot say the cause was engine vibration?
U wrote it like vibration stress does not cause material failure #-o . On the other hand, there are many causes for the suspension failures so i cant see why it would be the Mclaren guys fault...out of youre comment i would assume that the failed side suspension guy overslept and forgot to come to work or something...it happens, and aparently Mclaren is seriously jinxed, even when it looks like they can score a point and when it looks like the engine will hold, something else has to give up...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Chicane
Chicane

Quickshifter

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

The position of the McHonda is not where it was ALO, he is the best and camouflages big chassis faults, the measurement is VAN, a good driver, the chassis is very POOR, and blaming Honda everything is not going to do That come to fight for world never again.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Today would be a good day for Honda to make a photomontage with the Toro Rosso 😂😂 .... Hasegawa warned, the vibrations of the engine are solved, but I do not assure that it does not re-break the chassis, very elegant, but for the one who wants to understand, very clear, Honda is better than what is spoken and McLaren in much worse than Presumed

proteus

JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:20
The position of the McHonda is not where it was ALO, he is the best and camouflages big chassis faults, the measurement is VAN, a good driver, the chassis is very POOR, and blaming Honda everything is not going to do That come to fight for world never again.
Alonso did what car allowed him to do. Without performance of the car and the engine Alonso would not be able to do anything.

I hope youre an aerodynamicist by youre profession since u know the answer of the chasis. U say Vandoorne is a benchmark for proof the car is bad - Vandoorne had less running than Alonso, he has less experiences than Alonso and he had less developed car as Alonso...

The fact of the matter is that engine is fragile and unreliable with fundamental faults still occuring. The chasis is atleast stable, but undeveloped since it has 2-3 times less mileage as other cars have and that is not due to the chasis itself, it is due to the ENGINE.
Last edited by proteus on 26 Mar 2017, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

etusch

proteus wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:44
JuanjoTS wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 11:20
Alonso did what car allowed him to do. Without performance of the car and the engine Alonso would not be able to do anything.

I hope youre an aerodynamicist by youre profession since u know the answer of the chasis. U say Vandoorne is a benchmark for proof the car is bad - Vandoorne had less running than Alonso, he has less experiences than Alonso and he had less developed car as Alonso...

The fact of the matter is that engine is fragile and unreliable with fundamental faults still occuring. The chasis is atleast stable, but undeveloped since it has 2-3 times less mileage as other cars have and that is not due to the chasis itself, it is due to the ENGINE.
Do you think that ferrari and merc cars also worse than their current condition and they developed their cars by long long runs at test.
I think if you didnt bring a good chasis to the test you cant do with test a winning race car