2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
IamLegend
IamLegend

Re: 2017 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Raleigh wrote:
02 May 2017, 23:02
IamLegend wrote:
02 May 2017, 15:02
What makes you think Force India would've opted to take a pay driver? The great Checo isn't going to stick around anyway, the way he's been interviewing lately he seems like he'll switch mid season if a competitive seat opens up.

Even if that were the case, Force India wouldn't go for a pay driver, it's not like they have to answer to stock holders or something to should the balance sheet in green like a few other teams. ;)
Because Perez has been bringing in 1/5th of Force India's entire budget 4 years now, you think the team could get the same results without that money?

Without Checo the choice would have been 2 talented drivers scrapping for occasional points because the team has a Manor/Sauber budget, or 1 talented driver getting regular points and a pay driver who gets some points.

And yes, Checo will leave if he gets a more competitive drive, the guy wants to win races and championships, he's been doing hero drives to the podium in mid-field cars since 2012 in the Sauber and I can't see Force India turning into race winners.
Right, I understand Checo is bringing money + is delivering results. But if I recollect from what you were saying earlier, the discussion was about what will happen once/if Checo leaves, your opinion was they'll opt for a rookie pay driver like Williams did. I don't agree, if they wanted a pay driver, they'll get one from the Indian market who can also bring in the money if that was the team's only motive.

Infact, they are actually doing things right by nurturing talent from the early stages, Force India also has been sponsoring a young driver's program to develop talent from that pool. So I still am of the opinion, even if Checo leaves, they'll opt for talent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehan_Daruvala

As far as my comment for this -> " I can't see Force India turning into race winners.", if one day we have an F1 management where they bring a budget cap on teams, I don't see this as a distant dream. Until that day, we can hope for the rain gods to play havoc or issues in the front to see the Force India team on the top step of the podium in this format. Remember, this sport is still favorable to the big players, so for the Sunday fans following the big teams will bring them a lot of joy.

For the rest of us, looking at amazing teams like Force India achieving what they can pound for pound will give us immense pleasure like in 2015 Baku when the Force India was overtaking a Ferrari to take third, I was chuckling like a 10 year old.
Last edited by IamLegend on 03 May 2017, 16:02, edited 5 times in total.

marmer
marmer

If force India was all about the cash they would have put Maldonado in the car when he still had money or this year would have looked at nasr instead of ocon. They have done almost everything right since they started in f1 with driver lineup and building the car for a team with such a small budget some of the failed teams need to have a good look at themselves

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

godlameroso

Maldonado doesn't save teams money by wrecking so many cars, probably breaks even.
Saishū kōnā

marmer
marmer

godlameroso wrote:Maldonado doesn't save teams money by wrecking so many cars, probably breaks even.
True but that hindsight at the time it might have seemed worth it

IamLegend
IamLegend

marmer wrote:
03 May 2017, 15:47
godlameroso wrote:Maldonado doesn't save teams money by wrecking so many cars, probably breaks even.
True but that hindsight at the time it might have seemed worth it

I hope this is just a rumor.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... eam-mooted :(

Manjhi
Manjhi

IamLegend wrote:
03 May 2017, 20:47

F1 paddock is known for creating romours to keep the readers interest intact. Nothing is going to happen. Subrato Roy is already out of jail and will soon pay the money Supreme Court has asked for and will be free.

And apart from European country I don't think Brabham is a known brand.

Mallya will not to be extradited to India very soon, as the current govt is pro-capitalist and will keep him in UK and will try to recover most of the money by DRT. The process has already began, Indian media is just over reacting on this issue for some cheap TRP.

marmer
marmer

Does vj still contribute to the team financially with increasing sponsorship s on the car and higher finishing in the championship they have more money coming in

They are one of the most frugal teams

I doubt he is helping much now so if he gets taken to prison I dont see why he has to sell he can remain owner but with someone else as ceo

Manjhi
Manjhi

IamLegend wrote:
03 May 2017, 14:57

Right, I understand Checo is bringing money + is delivering results. But if I recollect from what you were saying earlier, the discussion was about what will happen once/if Checo leaves, your opinion was they'll opt for a rookie pay driver like Williams did. I don't agree, if they wanted a pay driver, they'll get one from the Indian market who can also bring in the money if that was the team's only motive.

Infact, they are actually doing things right by nurturing talent from the early stages, Force India also has been sponsoring a young driver's program to develop talent from that pool. So I still am of the opinion, even if Checo leaves, they'll opt for talent.

As far as my comment for this -> " I can't see Force India turning into race winners.", if one day we have an F1 management where they bring a budget cap on teams, I don't see this as a distant dream. Until that day, we can hope for the rain gods to play havoc or issues in the front to see the Force India team on the top step of the podium in this format. Remember, this sport is still favorable to the big players, so for the Sunday fans following the big teams will bring them a lot of joy.

For the rest of us, looking at amazing teams like Force India achieving what they can pound for pound will give us immense pleasure like in 2015 Baku when the Force India was overtaking a Ferrari to take third, I was chuckling like a 10 year old.
There are only two big names from India which SFI can consider and both are product of "One in Billion" initiative of SFI. 1. Arjun Maini & 2. Jehan Daruvala.

But both this driver has no big backers at the moment, Jehan has some support from Dekra and SFI funding his F3 seat, otherwise I don't see him getting much financial support from within India.

I heard that Arjun is getting some backing from JK Tyres, but thats not enough to land a seat in F1. SFI will only consider him if Arjun does some great drive in GP3 and proves himself as undefeated driver, last he scored only podium of his team and created some news, so he looks a good prospect for future SFI driver.

There are two big conglomerate in India which can back this drivers, and they are TATA & Mahindra, they both are big names in the world of racing and will have a good chance in projecting their brand.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
03 May 2017, 21:21
IamLegend wrote:
03 May 2017, 14:57

There are only two big names from India which SFI can consider and both are product of "One in Billion" initiative of SFI. 1. Arjun Maini & 2. Jehan Daruvala.

But both this driver has no big backers at the moment, Jehan has some support from Dekra and SFI funding his F3 seat, otherwise I don't see him getting much financial support from within India.

I heard that Arjun is getting some backing from JK Tyres, but thats not enough to land a seat in F1. SFI will only consider him if Arjun does some great drive in GP3 and proves himself as undefeated driver, last he scored only podium of his team and created some news, so he looks a good prospect for future SFI driver.

There are two big conglomerate in India which can back this drivers, and they are TATA & Mahindra, they both are big names in the world of racing and will have a good chance in projecting their brand.

When Karthikeyan got a pay seat, I don't think it'll be an issue for these guys, provided some big companies back them up. I don't see MRF or JK doing it, but definitely a company like Tata or Reliance.

Come to think of it Mahindra and Jaguar (Tata) are already own Formula E teams, so I doubt they'll have big interests in F1.

edu2703
edu2703

IamLegend wrote:

I think you should hope for the rumor to come true. The team is doing overtime, waiting the justice to take it from Vijay Mallya,which can happen at any time.

Of course the drivers and the team manager want to reassure the fans by saying the situation is under control, that Mallya does not affect team but all of this is b***s***! Mallya's situation has gotten worse in the last few days. Those who think that Mallya's situation does not affect the team are totally mistaken.

Force India is a team that can disappear at any time, so it's best to save it in the hands of those who take the sport seriously. For Mallya it's just a throwaway toy. Just saying.

IamLegend
IamLegend

edu2703 wrote:
04 May 2017, 03:43
IamLegend wrote:

I think you should hope for the rumor to come true. The team is doing overtime, waiting the justice to take it from Vijay Mallya,which can happen at any time.

Of course the drivers and the team manager want to reassure the fans by saying the situation is under control, that Mallya does not affect team but all of this is b***s***! Mallya's situation has gotten worse in the last few days. Those who think that Mallya's situation does not affect the team are totally mistaken.

Force India is a team that can disappear at any time, so it's best to save it in the hands of those who take the sport seriously. For Mallya it's just a throwaway toy. Just saying.

If I could rate your comment negative, I'd give it a -100. But it's your opinion anyway, this team has been doing good under the ownership of Mallya. All the other business tycoons and airline owners might I add have gotten the rears wiped from the great Bronson of Virgin to Tony Fernandes of Air Asia owning an F1 team.

This guy knows to manage a sports team, if his airline business caused troubles; that has no relationship to the sports team that he owns.
Last edited by IamLegend on 05 May 2017, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

People fail to understand Mallya is playing it like a boss, he's 'wanted' by India for reasons the media presents, and India wants hem extradited, that doesnt happen though, and Vijay is keeping it cool. He's simply dealing with the matter. Media likes to blow stuff up.

For example, take a totally different example to see how that can happen.

You make a speeding 'felony' in The Netherlands (those are high bro). You move to Australia and Australia don't have rules to extradite you to another country or simply piss on the NLs (purely hypothetical). The speeding ticket arrives at your old home where you no longer live. It's a bill of 400 Euros (theoretically). You fail to pay it (you dont even know about it) and it gets 'upped' to 600 euros. Again, no pay. 900 euros. No pay. It gets to some collection agency that starts investigating and sends some letters. Nothing. They go and check out the house, nobody lives there. Their fee and work puts 600 euros on top of that. 1500 euros now. They send a request to the proper authoroties to find the whereabouts of this person, which costs time and money. let's say it costs another 500 in total (remember, legal fees). 2000 euros. They discover you have emigrated to AUS thanks to a tip from a former neighbour.

The former neighbour tells the neighbourhood he's internationally wanted and has a staggering fine of 2000 euros for speeding, imagine the problems he must be into.

they send a request to AUS to put the 'felon' on a plane so he can go to court to explain himself AND also pay the 2000 euros. They don't do anything with the request, nor do you.
The collection agency and the speeding-ticket-collecting agency are pissed off and want that money. they start bringing more pressure and find new ways.
At one point, they manage to bring the AUS government that they are legally bound to do a hearing in the matter (theoretically again).

They go to the adress of the guy with the dutch speeding ticket living in australia, hand him the information, and per STANDARD process, he is 'arrested', in order to join to court,
not arrested to be put in jail or anything like that, arrested for attending a hearing.

The media likes to put that out differently though, and you know what that means.

In the end; the hearing shows what we all already know, there is a fine open in The Netherlands, and that guy is not going to pay for it, and because he's in AUS, there's nothing that can be done about it, and the people in NL keep pissed. simple af.

You could compare this to what is happening to Vijay but on a rather bigger scale because it's not 2000 euros, it's a bazillion times bigger.

One only has to look where this team went from being jordan-midland-spyker to where it's now. Vijay has ran a great team, and has great people in the right places.
It remains to be seen whether a 'buyer' will be good or not.

I don't think it's gonna be good at all, and i vividly remember an earlier Brabham 'entry' hype, and iirc, that was by an enterprise that was sued by the Brabham relatives, because it was either not the real deal or it were leeches. I say the latter. so i wouldn't welcome this at all.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NAPI10
NAPI10

Targeting Redbull with new upgrade -
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/forc ... de-903536/

It's certainly a tall order but possible with some 'Pink' luck.

Manjhi
Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:
09 May 2017, 21:41
Targeting Redbull with new upgrade -
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/forc ... de-903536/

It's certainly a tall order but possible with some 'Pink' luck.
Only possible in Baku, Montreal and Monaco. Apart from that I don't think it is possible to overtake RB, remember RB is also bringing B-spec car in Barcelona.

Bob is always optimistic about the technical team and their aero data. :D

Manjhi
Manjhi

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't know which kind of sponsorship BWT has signed with SFI, they have got f***king six sticker on the VJM10 and now they havn't even left the front and rear wing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: