Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gandharva

Re: Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

Thunders wrote:
Holm86 wrote: I agree. Scarbs has tweeted how he thinks it looks like. But I do not agree with him. I also think the pylons is attached to the upper nose.
Jep, basically like the second Picture but a bit prettier. So still ugly... :roll:
Yes. This I think is how it looks currently.

Crabbia
Crabbia

i think they where very clever with the livery, especially in making the flaccid phallic nose black.

Optically it will be less jarring.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Crabbia
Crabbia

gandharva wrote:
Thunders wrote:
Holm86 wrote: I agree. Scarbs has tweeted how he thinks it looks like. But I do not agree with him. I also think the pylons is attached to the upper nose.
Jep, basically like the second Picture but a bit prettier. So still ugly... :roll:
Yes. This I think is how it looks currently.
i agree with the nose tip being the same but I think it will also have a step down from the tub to the nose too as detailed on the previous page.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Gridlock

https://twitter.com/scarbsf1/status/425992502966251520 Saves scarbs posting I guess :D

Zoom.... and enhance...

f1316
f1316

More great insight from Scrabs:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112225

One thing that particularly interested me was:
FUEL TANK

One detail that is clearly apparent is the size of the fuel tank. With 100kg of fuel for the race the tank only needs to hold two-thirds of last year's capacity.

The split lines on the bodywork around the roll hoop suggest the team has dramatically shortened the length of the monocoque in this area.
Obviously cars got longer in 2010 with bigger fuel tanks, but for some reason the fact that they'd be carrying less fuel and that this could also influence (although to a less extent) the length of the monocoque didn't occur to me... :oops:

slimfitcasual

Gridlock wrote: Image
Still doesn't look like enough airflow under the nose, S-duct?

Also, I think will see a lot more of these "camouflage" liveries of the unfortunate noses.
Per ardua ad astra

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

"The nose is a stand-out but from the nose backwards it looks quite similar [to 2013]," said Green.

and he says this aswell

"Our nose is a launch spec and later we will have an updated front end of the car, which potentially is quite different.

source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3055 ... -of-vjm07/

Phillyred
Phillyred

So, shouldn't these last page or so of posts be in a new official Force India VJM07 thread? I mean since the car has been revealed the speculations are kinda a moot point. :D

cossie
cossie

It appears that the vortex generators on the top of the side pod are further back on the side pods, instead of being right on top of the side pod opening's

Gridlock

Phillyred wrote:So, shouldn't these last page or so of posts be in a new official Force India VJM07 thread? I mean since the car has been revealed the speculations are kinda a moot point. :D
One side-on, obviously photoshop-enhanced-if-not-assembled photo posted to facebook does not qualify as a car launch IMO - I think the ruling is you have to have at least a 1:1 model and a Ted Kravitz.

gavingav1
gavingav1

It appears that the vortex generators on the top of the side pod are further back on the side pods, instead of being right on top of the side pod opening's

i dont think they are vortex generators but vents under the side of the cockpit --wont see details like vortex generators and stuff till tests or season start

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Seems the nose is going to change before Australia and be a key performance area throughout the year.

FrukostScones

why so big and repetitive CX?
f1316 wrote:More great insight from Scrabs:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112225

One thing that particularly interested me was:
FUEL TANK

One detail that is clearly apparent is the size of the fuel tank. With 100kg of fuel for the race the tank only needs to hold two-thirds of last year's capacity.

The split lines on the bodywork around the roll hoop suggest the team has dramatically shortened the length of the monocoque in this area.
I don't buy this, I think fuel tank is not much smaller, it has to house the bigger ERS battery, also the Findia looks as long as its precedessor, I think they actuall kept the same lenth of the tank as last year and made it lower to have more space for cooling or feeding air into the airboxes and lower COG.

if legit: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... &start=435
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i'm having the impression that this 'rendering' is far from the actual final product. obviously the statements confirm that there will be a different nose when racing begins, but i'm feeling like the profiles of various parts look too 'photoshoppy'.
I also think this livery isn't exactly how it'll be, more like an impression. Close, very close, but as critised before, the claro logo seems out of place [quite frankly, all logos look highly computerized and 'fake'].

So i think this teaser is miles off the actual product. I do dig the colour combo. wonder what it'll look like in the flesh.
it looks too clinical in these pictures. but def better then last years.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

henra
henra

turbof1 wrote: I think he mislooked himselves on how the pylons bend. Underneath the upper nose they bend inwards, giving an impression they are positioned more inwards altogether.
Yup.
The pylons almost defnitely are mounted on the wide part of the nose.
They converge towards the rear in order to help push the air into the expanded Zone behind the finger and underneath the step from the AA line to twhere the tub reaches 625mm.