Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
max_speed
max_speed

Re: Ferrari F14T

today's qualifying has proved one point for sure that power delivery of f14T is not good, drivability of car is not good. handling does not look that bad and power this there but wet conditions proved that even renault engine is translating torque better on track than ferrari. so sad f14t does not look like championship winning car at all.

Abarth

ringo wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:From the latest tech update with Scarbs, the Ferrari water-air intercooler.

http://i.imgur.com/7wjdK1U.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zPIF7WMC4
Interesting, and i thought it would be redundant, as you would need another radiator for the water to be cooled anyway.
Not to mention a water pump.
The question is, where is it placed, over the fuel tank?
And where is the related water radiator, and how does this extra heat exchanger impact space for other coolers.
Either they use the cooling water of the engine, OR they have a circuit wihich cools MGU-H, battery, ECU etc. as these components have to be at a lower temp than the engine anyway (for reliability, electronics, especially integrated circuits, do not like more than 75-80 degC)

F1.Ru

Some Pics from Australian GP Saturday -------

© Formula1.com & Sutton Images
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

ringo

I wouldn't use kimi's crash to support the idea that the car is bad. I just think that he's not adapting well, and that he's not undertstanding all the settings in the cars. Alonso is doing a much better job of grasping everything. Maybe ferrari should have went with a more tech savvy driver, maybe bianchi.
But the car is powerful and reliable, it should put in some strong races.
For Sure!!

F1NAC

I think the cause is black painted stripes on the track. He just put his foot a bit on throttle while he was on that painted line and there was no way back anymore

stefan_
stefan_

2014 Australian Grand Prix - Saturday, 15.03.2014

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

majki2111

ringo wrote:I wouldn't use kimi's crash to support the idea that the car is bad. I just think that he's not adapting well, and that he's not undertstanding all the settings in the cars. Alonso is doing a much better job of grasping everything. Maybe ferrari should have went with a more tech savvy driver, maybe bianchi.
But the car is powerful and reliable, it should put in some strong races.
Agree about Kimi, but how can you tell the car is not bad and that it will be good in race???

mcalex
mcalex

It is a good car but the brake-by-wire balance/response is not OK. Kimi loses a lot of time in the braking zone.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Another angle from twitter.
Last edited by n_anirudh on 15 Mar 2014, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

majki2111

mcalex wrote:It is a good car but the brake-by-wire balance/response is not OK. Kimi loses a lot of time in the braking zone.
I think torqe is much bigger problem.

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

I think raikonnen will show ferrari the right direction for car upgrades, and hopefully allison will remove pat fry completly for car creation

lombers
lombers

max_speed wrote:today's qualifying has proved one point for sure that power delivery of f14T is not good, drivability of car is not good. handling does not look that bad and power this there but wet conditions proved that even renault engine is translating torque better on track than ferrari. so sad f14t does not look like championship winning car at all.
I don't agree at all. Fernando started q3 on the wrong tyres which compromised his time. Kimi hasn't looked comfortable under braking the whole weekend.

I think in terms of aero and power the car is good, the braking probably needs more refinement but that can be said for all teams. Fuel consumption tomorrow will tell the full story. It's obvious that Mercedes will be unbeatable tomorrow though...

Postmoe

This car is the less refined of the top contenders in certain areas, as it has been hapenning since some years now. I would never say a Ferrari car is not comnpetitive for a qualifying in Melbourne, as they tend to sacrifice qualifying and tend to slow season starts. But the thing is... that was a wet qualifying, which makes it even less reliable as to know were Ferrari stands.

Anyway, Fernando on inters was significantly more stable than the other inters with the exception of Ricciardo. The other teams I believe couldn't even think about starting with inters that early, so perhaps the car lacks of fine tune to reach competitive pace, but doesn't seem undrivable at all. They wouldn't have risked a double failure at Ferrari sending Alonso on inters if they weren't at least confident about the car.

max_speed
max_speed

lombers wrote:
max_speed wrote:today's qualifying has proved one point for sure that power delivery of f14T is not good, drivability of car is not good. handling does not look that bad and power this there but wet conditions proved that even renault engine is translating torque better on track than ferrari. so sad f14t does not look like championship winning car at all.
I don't agree at all. Fernando started q3 on the wrong tyres which compromised his time. Kimi hasn't looked comfortable under braking the whole weekend.

I think in terms of aero and power the car is good, the braking probably needs more refinement but that can be said for all teams. Fuel consumption tomorrow will tell the full story. It's obvious that Mercedes will be unbeatable tomorrow though...
i tht is the case then why not he finished closer to mercs and redbull when he finally switched to full wets. merc improved and redbull too but ferrari finished 1.5 seconds off. we have seen enough in last few years and fanboyism cnt overcome reality of f14T

majki2111

Postmoe wrote:This car is the less refined of the top contenders in certain areas, as it has been hapenning since some years now. I would never say a Ferrari car is not comnpetitive for a qualifying in Melbourne, as they tend to sacrifice qualifying and tend to slow season starts. But the thing is... that was a wet qualifying, which makes it even less reliable as to know were Ferrari stands.

Anyway, Fernando on inters was significantly more stable than the other inters with the exception of Ricciardo. The other teams I believe couldn't even think about starting with inters that early, so perhaps the car lacks of fine tune to reach competitive pace, but doesn't seem undrivable at all. They wouldn't have risked a double failure at Ferrari sending Alonso on inters if they weren't at least confident about the car.
Good point and nice noticing. I'll keep that in mind.