Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Ferrari F10

An interesting thought.

I would have thought that if that were so, we'd have seen the graphic for KERS showing that it's enabled on the car during onboard shots (I think KERS is controlled by the SECU??)

Ferrari cleverly breached the agreement about wheel fairings, so I wouldn't blame another team for doing the same thing with KERS
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

timbo
timbo

forty-two wrote: For all we know, they could have bays ready to take the various components already in place since the start of the season
That would mean they have a --- car. We're obviously see it is pretty decent.

theblackangus
theblackangus

I believe that is correct that the car needs to have a light on it to tell the marshals when and when not to handle the car. So it is a policed agreement in some respects.

If that wasn't the case I'm sure someone would be seriously considering sneaking it in, especially right now. But I don't think anyone would risk a marshal dieing, the ramifications of negligence would be too great. It would be criminal negligence if someone died because the car was not marked properly.
Last edited by theblackangus on 01 Oct 2010, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

timbo
timbo

forty-two wrote:I think KERS is controlled by the SECU??
Yes.
If anybody used KERS everybody would know.
forty-two wrote:Ferrari cleverly breached the agreement about wheel fairings, so I wouldn't blame another team for doing the same thing with KERS
The only problem it is not possible.

I dunno... Why nobody is thinking somebody secretly put a turbocharger?

aral
aral

forty-two wrote:An interesting thought.

I would have thought that if that were so, we'd have seen the graphic for KERS showing that it's enabled on the car during onboard shots (I think KERS is controlled by the SECU??)

Ferrari cleverly breached the agreement about wheel fairings, so I wouldn't blame another team for doing the same thing with KERS
I would't say that Ferrari breached the agreement about wheel fairings. These were stationary fairings locked on the the hubs. Ferrari redesigned their wheel so as to improve air through the wheel. This wheel was submitted to FIA, who pronounced it fully legal, and had it homologated. Hardly a breach, more a bit of clever design.

ecapox

I swear, if some of you put in the same amount of effort into posting quality things as you do into these "Ferrari is cheating" comments, you'd actually bring something useful to this place.

Random speculation and personal assumptions do not belong in this thread.

donskar
donskar

ecapox wrote:I swear, if some of you put in the same amount of effort into posting quality things as you do into these "Ferrari is cheating" comments, you'd actually bring something useful to this place.

Random speculation and personal assumptions do not belong in this thread.
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

forty-two wrote:An interesting thought.

What people don't realize is that the KERS doesn't have to be the full unit. It could be half the power or a 1/4 of it. It could be used so minimally we wouldn't notice.
This unit doesn't have to be 25kg. I'm not accusing Ferrari of using it, but an experimental part in the gear box sounds like something to do with KERS.
The way how Massa's car stopped without coasting is another interesting detail; (maybe he hit the brakes, maybe not).

It's good to speculate on these things, because if i remember autogyro was suspicious of the sounds coming out the ferrari at the fiorano test circuit. He had his traction control theory, i was more into the ebd mapping suspision.
Some said it was the mic in Alonso's helmet and it was brushed off as just noise.
Turns out it wasn't.
For Sure!!

timbo
timbo

ringo wrote:What people don't realize is that the KERS doesn't have to be the full unit. It could be half the power or a 1/4 of it. It could be used so minimally we wouldn't notice.
Then it is not KERS.
If it provides any percentage of power, there has to be batteries and cabling that would be spotted. As we know MGU is located in front of engine, so, if there any changes to engine it has to be reported to FIA.
ringo wrote:This unit doesn't have to be 25kg. I'm not accusing Ferrari of using it, but an experimental part in the gear box sounds like something to do with KERS.
Or it can be something hydraulic or servo upgrade or cooling solution or lighter casing or....
ringo wrote:It's good to speculate on these things, because if i remember autogyro was suspicious of the sounds coming out the ferrari at the fiorano test circuit. He had his traction control theory, i was more into the ebd mapping suspision.
Oh yeah. Still nobody explained why on earth it happened on UPSHIFTS on FULL THROTTLE (wrong for the ebd theory) and on 5th-7th gear (wrong for TC)
ringo wrote:Some said it was the mic in Alonso's helmet and it was brushed off as just noise.
Turns out it wasn't.
I said that. And I will stand on this again, especially as we know that ebd map was implemented not in Valencia.

flynfrog

Dear fellow forum members this thread is to document the technical changes of the car through the season. It is not a conspiracy theory thread.

Thanks

The rest of the members.

Goran2812
Goran2812

flynfrog wrote:Dear fellow forum members this thread is to document the technical changes of the car through the season. It is not a conspiracy theory thread.

Thanks

The rest of the members.
most logical post here in the last two pages...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

vinuneuro
vinuneuro

Maybe it's been brought up earlier in this thread, but I find it absolutely mind boggling how simple this car's front-wing is compared to the rest of the field. Where are they getting front end grip from, esp for the way Alonso turns-in?

timbo
timbo

vinuneuro wrote:Maybe it's been brought up earlier in this thread, but I find it absolutely mind boggling how simple this car's front-wing is compared to the rest of the field. Where are they getting front end grip from, esp for the way Alonso turns-in?
I don't really think it is simple. For a example, look at the curvature of the slit between flaps. That angle is definitely there for a reason. Also, some of the front wing complexity on other cars apparently dedicated to brake cooling management. Some of that is taken care by the rims of F10.

ell66
ell66

timbo wrote:
vinuneuro wrote:Maybe it's been brought up earlier in this thread, but I find it absolutely mind boggling how simple this car's front-wing is compared to the rest of the field. Where are they getting front end grip from, esp for the way Alonso turns-in?
I don't really think it is simple. For a example, look at the curvature of the slit between flaps. That angle is definitely there for a reason. Also, some of the front wing complexity on other cars apparently dedicated to brake cooling management. Some of that is taken care by the rims of F10.

i think he means the very simple cascade they have, unlike the complex ones sported by redbull and mclaren. the actual main flaps like you say are just fine.

vinuneuro
vinuneuro

That and the end-plates too.