Ferrari front wing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Tp
Tp

"In theory this design should help push back the car's centre of aerodynamic pressure. This means the rear would run closer to the ground, increasing the available downforce created by air passing underneath. Furthermore, the front end would become slightly more understeery - and hence controllable - at high speed............................................."
Last edited by Tp on 31 Mar 2006, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Tp
Tp

[IMG:299:241]http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6449 ... ing9ce.png[/img]

......................Yep that new wing really improves the performance 'on the track!!'

zac510
zac510

tp, where did you read that? or are they your own words?

Tp
Tp

dumrick
dumrick

I read that also at formula1.com and didn't manage to understand the logic behind that whole analysis... there are facts that are true, but there's no logic in the conclusions...

scarbs
scarbs

read that also at formula1.com and didn't manage to understand the logic behind that whole analysis... there are facts that are true, but there's no logic in the conclusions...
I agree, what is he on about?

Strange he noticed the tiny chnage in the BMW FWEP and not the huge red flappy ones on the Super Aguri...!

Tp
Tp

Anyway we'll see if it improves performance on Sunday

Deano
Deano

hopefully it will and wont kick up another big dispute
Schuey is the best. 7X World Champion, soon to be 8

joseff

Ferrari (and every other team) should've done this instead:

Doesn't this mean that the camera gets taken off along with the nosecone? Did Nico perform better at Bahrain because he lost a camera? :D

Deano
Deano

could well be it would "lighten the car" but thats not the point he just drove phenomally and he deserves to get a drive with a much better financed team
Schuey is the best. 7X World Champion, soon to be 8

manchild
manchild

What is that sticking out from lower front wing? Manualy operated movable aero device?

m3_lover

also in that picture, that black thing on the mirror, is that a mark from hitting the wall or sometype of sensor?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

I think its just chipped paint.

Is that Massa's car. I can't remember if michael took off the rear wing or not.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Sawtooth-spike

good spot manchild, what is the cable?

i can imagin that ferrari would try that, it must be something to do with the cables that attach to the hub of the wheel.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild
manchild

Cables securing wheels go trough the wishbones and they are thicker. You can see clearly on this one that it had ripped top of the wing and sticks out of it.