2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ClarkBT11

Re: 2016 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 02-04 September

sosic2121 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:It has the looks of another disappointing weekend. The field is spread out too far, Mercedes too fast, Hamilton too quick for Rosberg. Same old story.
I think start is more important than Q pace and it will decide the winner.

Mercedes 1.5s quicker than low drag Williams with same power on track with no corners. Makes me wonder...
Mercedes have better drivers, aero, brakes, suspension, drivability.
Whenever the Willian's drivers ask for the power they're loosing traction all the time I don't think there's much to wonder about.

Redragon

a1b2i3r45 wrote:Why vettel's time has not been deleted for track limit infringement?
There are not track limit penalties this weekend based on comments from Sky, the question is Why not?

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Hamilton in a class of one.

I guess an interesting race will depend on variable tyre degradation, some shuffling of the pack at the start, and reliability. Otherwise, the podium looks fairly well occupied by silver and red.

Manjhi
Manjhi

ME4ME wrote:Very close team battles at Ferrari, Red Bull and Force India. But Rosberg, come on.. should do better.
Force India doesn't look strong here, they are .3-.4 sec slower then Williams in long run, It will be :

Mercs
Ferrari
Williams(bottas)>RB
Force India>Haas>Mclaren>W(Massa)

sosic2121
sosic2121

ClarkBT11 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:It has the looks of another disappointing weekend. The field is spread out too far, Mercedes too fast, Hamilton too quick for Rosberg. Same old story.
I think start is more important than Q pace and it will decide the winner.

Mercedes 1.5s quicker than low drag Williams with same power on track with no corners. Makes me wonder...
Whenever the Willian's drivers ask for the power they're loosing traction all the time I don't think there's much to wonder about.
Williams and FI are closer to Manor then to Mercedes on a track that should suit their high efficiency low drag cars.
Gutierrez in Hass is closer to Ferrari than Bottas is to Hamilton.
I believe Bottas, Massa, Hulkenberg and Perez are all very fast drivers, much faster than Gutierrez.
I think there are simpler explanations :wink:

FoxHound

sosic2121 wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
sosic2121 wrote: I think start is more important than Q pace and it will decide the winner.

Williams and FI are closer to Manor then to Mercedes on a track that should suit their high efficiency low drag cars.
Gutierrez in Hass is closer to Ferrari than Bottas is to Hamilton.
I believe Bottas, Massa, Hulkenberg and Perez are all very fast drivers, much faster than Gutierrez.
I think there are simpler explanations :wink:
And clearly you missed the simple explanation given. TRACTION LOSS.
JET set

PlatinumZealot

Massa said they didn't get the tyre working right.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Racer X

Between Both Force Indias in the Top 10 but Bottas ahead of them and Massa with free choice of Tires I can see a good fight there for the constructors championship. Between the two.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Manjhi wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Very close team battles at Ferrari, Red Bull and Force India. But Rosberg, come on.. should do better.
Force India doesn't look strong here, they are .3-.4 sec slower then Williams in long run, It will be :

Mercs
Ferrari
Williams(bottas)>RB
Massa had much trouble on Friday, don't forget that.
Last edited by SchuMassa on 03 Sep 2016, 22:24, edited 3 times in total.

sosic2121
sosic2121

FoxHound wrote:And clearly you missed the simple explanation given. TRACTION LOSS.
OK, let's try another angle.
According to Arivabene, Ferrari has two main issues. Slow corner traction and aero efficiency.
FI is known to have great traction. Also they have low drag car which should be very aerodynamically efficient.
So if FI engine is more powerful than Ferrari, how can Ferrari be faster?!

I really hope that you are right and l'm not, so next year Mercedes will loose it's chassis advantage and field will be levelled.

FoxHound

sosic2121 wrote:
FoxHound wrote:And clearly you missed the simple explanation given. TRACTION LOSS.
According to Arivabene, Ferrari has two main issues. Slow corner traction and aero efficiency.
FI is known to have great traction. Also they have low drag car which should be very aerodynamically efficient.

I really hope that you are right and l'm not, so next year Mercedes will loose it's chassis advantage and field will be levelled.
What is strange about a Williams suffering traction issues? It happens frequently.
The Ferrari PU is not the issue in relation to Ferrari being 0.8 seconds down on Mercedes, they are lost in terms of set up.
This too, happens frequently.

As for Force India, have they ever looked like beating Ferrari? Nooooope.
Why would Monza be different to any other Track Ferrari have trounced them such as Canada and Baku, both High speed circuits?
JET set

Samraj_official

SchuMassa wrote:
Manjhi wrote:

Mercs
Ferrari
Williams(bottas)>RB
You're biased af. Massa had much trouble on Friday, don't forget that.
Yup, too much biasing...

Moose
Moose

Hamilton certainly looks to be in a class of his own this weekend, but it might not be all that. Remember - he has 3 engines for the rest of the season, pretty much everyone else (Rosberg included) has only 2. It may well be that Mercedes are allowing him to run higher power modes for longer thanks to the slight engine cushion he has. Each of those machines has to only do 3 races, 2 in the case of the one that does Monza and (at a guess) Brazil.

ClarkBT11

FoxHound wrote:
sosic2121 wrote:

What is strange about a Williams suffering traction issues? It happens frequently.
The Ferrari PU is not the issue in relation to Ferrari being 0.8 seconds down on Mercedes, they are lost in terms of set up.
This too, happens frequently.

As for Force India, have they ever looked like beating Ferrari? Nooooope.
Why would Monza be different to any other Track Ferrari have trounced them such as Canada and Baku, both High speed circuits?
Williams is geared shorter than Mercedes would there be more tourque in the lower revs of Williams that might explain why they loose traction. (Or their mapping is not as sophisticated)

Another reason Mercedes is pulling further away is because they don't have the same engine specification.

For the record I don't want to start a debate about tourque [-o<

Andres125sx

So Monza looks like a very predictable race, Lewis will anihilate Nico, Mercedes will anihilate everybody, Ferrari continue as a second row team and they must be happy with that, any team with Mercedes PU shine compared to their direct rivals, Honda, despite the step forward, is still far from the rest, Haas proving Ferrari PU is good so Ferrari chassis is the weak point for the red team, Werlhein doing much better than expected as usual, STR is in free fall due to the 2015 PU with no development...

No surprises at all