Audi RS8?

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
Muulka
Muulka

Audi RS8?

Here's a story. There's not much, and no pictures, but it confuses me.

Last year I was on holiday in Germany, and we went down to Dresden for a day (The VW factory is very nice). While I was walking along a main road, an Audi R8 went by, but this was not like any R8 I'd ever seen. The Audi badge was on the grille rather than the bonnet as in other R8s, and I think on the side (either there or on the back) it had 'RS8' written.

Anyone know what this was? I did a search for RS8 on Google and only found this article from 2008:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... R8/231987/

From what I remember (and I didn't see much of it, and it was a long time ago), it otherwise looked very similar to a normal R8.

CHT
CHT

Re: Audi RS8?

Muulka wrote:Here's a story. There's not much, and no pictures, but it confuses me.

Last year I was on holiday in Germany, and we went down to Dresden for a day (The VW factory is very nice). While I was walking along a main road, an Audi R8 went by, but this was not like any R8 I'd ever seen. The Audi badge was on the grille rather than the bonnet as in other R8s, and I think on the side (either there or on the back) it had 'RS8' written.

Anyone know what this was? I did a search for RS8 on Google and only found this article from 2008:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... R8/231987/

From what I remember (and I didn't see much of it, and it was a long time ago), it otherwise looked very similar to a normal R8.
The RS equivalent of the R8 is the R8-GT.

I doubt they are allowed to go faster than the more expensive cousin the Gallardo

Muulka
Muulka

Re: Audi RS8?

But it wasn't a GT- it didn't have the wing, and it said RS8 on it.