2012 Testing - Jerez 7-10 February

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
shelly
shelly

Re: Jerez pre season testing 7-10 February

iirc teams have also to check in the first tests the amount of trapped fuel in the tank. I remember ferrari doing that regularly in fiorano some time ago.

i do not know if and how they check it now
twitter: @armchair_aero

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:We can never tell precisely whats going on.

I think the teams have a good understanding of whom is where, but outside of that fraternity, and without the tools to tell, we can only make do with what we see and also the timings.....

But, let me just say...Im confused by Ferrari's rhetoric. First they say they have a plan, and this involves no quick timed laps, then they admit to not being where they want to be, and now theyre going for a few hot laps?

Something isnt right. But maybe its a ploy to throw the others off? As I said we can only really guess here.
Also Good to see another south african on this site :) Lekker bly my china! :lol:

It's not a glory runs. You didn't do glory runs with a set of tyres who have ten laps.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Electrical problem for Vettel

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote: It's not a glory runs. You didn't do glory runs with a set of tyres who have ten laps.
I didnt call it a glory run...
More could have been done.
David Purley

FrukostScones

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Electrical problem for Vettel
#-o
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Lorenzo_Bandini wrote: It's not a glory runs. You didn't do glory runs with a set of tyres who have ten laps.
I didnt call it a glory run...

Yes, you call it hotlap... sorry..

I don't want to be near the F1 :

http://f1zoom.co.cc/?year=2012&race=jer ... =34&full=1

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

10:45 Red Bull has informed @StrangAutosport about the problems with Vettel's car:

"Normal testing niggles, some of which are not easy to get. It was not in the plan to lose three hours but we are quite unconcerned. Expect to do long runs later."

raymondu999

Is that Hulkencurve? (As Jon Leggard used to call him :P)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

aha - The McLaren technology transfer shows up at FI, they've loaned out their 2010 rake!

Thanks for the pic Lorenzo_Bandini

FrukostScones

interesting long runs by Senna

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Senna on first of the long runs. Looks like a race sim. Very consistent times but strange as not quicker as fuel load lightens. Holding back I'd say.

First run 24 or so laps all in 25's. Quick race pit and back out and all laps in 23's. 12 laps and counting.

FrukostScones

Alexgtt wrote:Senna on first of the long runs. Looks like a race sim. Very consistent times but strange as not quicker as fuel load lightens. Holding back I'd say.

First run 24 or so laps all in 25's. Quick race pit and back out and all laps in 23's. 12 laps and counting.
yeah, but you have to keep the tyre drop off in mind. 2011 this consistency would have been ver impressive. The 2012 tyres are maybe much more durable.
We ll see. Still nice work by Williams and Senna.

zoro_f1

senna made an impressive 60 lap stint and he is still on track with 1.2 second's behind the fastest alonso. does this seem's that williams are making progress!?

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Hail22

Crabbia wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Alright ladies and gents, its officially 1 hour and 45 minutes until the last testing session at Jerez begins.

Any bets to hedge, who will do what? who will do nothing?

Any new parts, perhaps more rubbery components from the exploitation and *we don't cheat* experts (Do i need to make it anymore clearer who it is ;))

As a Ferrari fan i think our car will set on fire and will need to be extinguished as we have a Greek guy designing an Italian car, see what happens when the Greeks go broke! :/ *dry sense of humour*
Easy there tiger, I'm of italian decent i live in South Africa and im married to a greek woman. i'm thinking if we're happily married tombazis, byrne and Ferrari will be a happy marriage too. :D
Funny you say that Half Italian/Greek I can poke fun at my own heritage, discriminate equally i say.

Wish we could see Rory Byrne in a Ferrari jacket right now...miss his genious he is Adrian Neweys kryptonite xD
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

zoro_f1 wrote:senna made an impressive 60 lap stint and he is still on track with 1.2 second's behind the fastest alonso. does this seem's that williams are making progress!?

He use a new set of soft tyre for the last stint, 1.21. remarquable consistency.