Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari F2012

hardingfv32 wrote:Still the car is basically 3rd or 4th in the performance pecking order this season, the same as the last few seasons.

Brian
3rd at worst, differences between 1st and that 3rd are about 0.3s per lap if that much at all, which is a lot less than last year comparing to RB7.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

myurr
myurr

I'd actually say that the Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull are all basically just about as fast as each other but get there with different strengths and weaknesses. The McLaren seems a little faster across the board in qualifying but is less likely to have really good tyre life; Red Bull seems to almost always do well in race pace but is often qualifying too far back; Ferrari seem stuck between the two, rarely outshining both cars but normally doing better than one or other. Given the variation in tracks, tyres, weather conditions, setup, etc. I don't think there's really much to choose between all three.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

myurr wrote:I'd actually say that the Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull are all basically just about as fast as each other but get there with different strengths and weaknesses. The McLaren seems a little faster across the board in qualifying but is less likely to have really good tyre life; Red Bull seems to almost always do well in race pace but is often qualifying too far back; Ferrari seem stuck between the two, rarely outshining both cars but normally doing better than one or other. Given the variation in tracks, tyres, weather conditions, setup, etc. I don't think there's really much to choose between all three.
In the last race Vettel's tyres went off and last his 4s lead from Hamilton and another 2s over Alonso in just a few laps and they closed in to within a few tenths before he pitted and the other drivers reacted.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

myurr
myurr

Owen.C93 wrote:In the last race Vettel's tyres went off and last his 4s lead from Hamilton and another 2s over Alonso in just a few laps and they closed in to within a few tenths before he pitted and the other drivers reacted.
You can point at individual exceptions, especially as they are so closely matched. But the overall trend over the season, in my opinion, stands.

Mazdaboy

I read a hungarian website, Ferrari try a new rear suspension in Valencia. Anybody confirm that?
Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

alogoc
alogoc

Mazdaboy wrote:I read a hungarian website, Ferrari try a new rear suspension in Valencia. Anybody confirm that?

can you give a link on that article?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

F1.Ru

By seeing this two pic i think Ferrari started to regain its desired downforce level or whatever to seal the diffuser and thus started to having more rake in its car..........

Right Click>>> View Image

:D
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

myurr wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:In the last race Vettel's tyres went off and last his 4s lead from Hamilton and another 2s over Alonso in just a few laps and they closed in to within a few tenths before he pitted and the other drivers reacted.
You can point at individual exceptions, especially as they are so closely matched. But the overall trend over the season, in my opinion, stands.
True that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it change like it did last race though.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Mazdaboy

alogoc wrote:
Mazdaboy wrote:I read a hungarian website, Ferrari try a new rear suspension in Valencia. Anybody confirm that?

Here is the link: http://f1-live.hu/hirek/legfrissebb_hir ... errarinal/
Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

alogoc
alogoc

Mazdaboy wrote:
alogoc wrote:

Here is the link: http://f1-live.hu/hirek/legfrissebb_hir ... errarinal/

where does it say REAR suspension!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

kalinka
kalinka

It doesn't implicitly says it's a rear suspension upgrade. They say the update is intended to improve tyre degradation.

Quick translation > " Regarding to our (F1-Live.hu) information, Ferrari are preparing to test a new suspension for Valencia. They are still unsatisfied with tyre degradation, and the new suspension can improve it"

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Gary Anderson's take on the F2012 Exhaust

via AutoSport

Brake Ducts

marcush.
marcush.

quite obviously the front and rear brakedrums have been THE key area for performance development this year and interestingly enough ..Williams has been one of the leading innovators (coughlan ?)..

Removing the brakeduct inlets from this most critical area blocking off valuable airstream towards the sidepods is a serious performance gain .I wonder how long it will take to see or better not see any of the other obstacles disappear.. :roll:

Kiril Varbanov

Front, rear wing, floor and exhaust are expected developments for Valencia, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.
The article also claims that SF works on three cars simultaneously.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve