Schumacher's record at Benetton

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
schumifan
schumifan

Schumacher's record at Benetton

Mod edit - Split from the Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012 thread ....

if memory serves me correctly schumacher either won or nearly won the championship in nowhere near the best car every year from 1994-1999

FoxHound

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Are you suggesting the benetton was inferior to the Williams throughout 94-95?
Becuase I seem to recall the banning of electronic aids hampering Williams.
And I also recall Schumacher being a vastly superior driver then to what he is now.

I swear some people think he has lightning bolts as farts, this Schumacher fellow. :lol:
And this is no criticism of Schumacher, just some of his fans. He is a great, we all agree.
But he is not beyond criticism.
JET set

snoop1050
snoop1050

FoxHound wrote:Are you suggesting the benetton was inferior to the Williams throughout 94-95?
the internet generation loves to get things wrong.
1995 qualifying shows williams is easily the dominant car that season
williams on pole for 12/17 races yet you suggest benneton was the dominant car that season?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Formula_One_season
1994 shows that williams was the most dominant car aswell if you look at quali/fastestlap/race winner
unless you think damon hill was in the same league as senna and schumacher

anyone who never watched schumacher in his first career honestly doesnt deserve to have an opinion on him as 90% of the time its based on BS rumours gathered from forum posts.

FoxHound

Snoop,

You really ought to read my post more clearly before reaching to Wikipedia.
I will reiterate what I wrote.

Was the benneton inferior THROUGHOUT 94-95. No it was not. A fact borne out of your own stats....
JET set

snoop1050
snoop1050

you do realise what inferior means? because if you do then im speechless

clipsy1H

snoop1050 wrote:you do realise what inferior means? because if you do then im speechless
are you kidding me? if a car sets the fastest time in quali does not mean that is superior to others in race .... and you talk here about baby schumi. And best example is Ferrari this year.

snoop1050
snoop1050

clipsy1H wrote:
snoop1050 wrote:you do realise what inferior means? because if you do then im speechless
are you kidding me? if a car sets the fastest time in quali does not mean that is superior to others in race .... and you talk here about baby schumi. And best example is Ferrari this year.
this year doesnt have refueling its an entirely different situation

best example is ferrari this year because alonso has benefited so much from dnfs and other drivers taking points off each other and not beeign consistent just like kimi has benefited in the same way...

seriously i dont know why i bother with forums anymore..

after drinking a bottle of vokda ive came to the conclusion the benneton was the most dominant car f1 has ever saw during 94-95 and coulthard and hill are superior drivers to schumacher and senna

FoxHound

Snoop

I'm aware of the meaning of inferior, thank you. You have had 2 bites at reading my post and still, you fail to grasp the meaning of Throughout. I count Schumacher having 4/5 poles. This means, according to your logic, he had a superior car for those races.
I have seen some ardent fans in my time, but you really are in love with Schumacher to the point that you lose all perspective.
I recall senna manhandling a Williams that was supposedly superior to the benneton. Overall it was the better car, but in races the car was difficult to drive as senna spoke many times before his sad death.
Only after that did Williams manage to overcome the electronics ban of late 93, by working their way out a rut.

Schumachers achievements were fantastic, but you are going back almost 2 decades to talk about how wonderful he is now. Do you not see the forest for the trees? Saying his team is not worthy of him is ridiculous, he is paid to do a job, and at Singapore he messed up. He did so the year before too. You can clutch at as many straws as you like, but that's what the record will show.
He is still a good driver, and I have no issues watching him in 2013. What I won't appreciate is his legion of fanboys blaming everything on the team, ecclestone the media or other parties every time he makes a genuine human error.
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

snoop1050 wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Are you suggesting the benetton was inferior to the Williams throughout 94-95?
the internet generation loves to get things wrong.
1995 qualifying shows williams is easily the dominant car that season
Don't you mean that the 1995 race results show that the beneton is easily the dominant car that season?

snoop1050
snoop1050

if you a actually watched 94/95 you would know benneton won the races through better stratergy

i cant be bothered to debate with someone who only knows seasons through stats.

lets not forget schumacher had traction control because senna heard it

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

FoxHound wrote:Snoop,

You really ought to read my post more clearly before reaching to Wikipedia.
I will reiterate what I wrote.

Was the benneton inferior THROUGHOUT 94-95. No it was not. A fact borne out of your own stats....
Any proof from your side?
Especially the 1994 V8 Ford powered Benneton.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

FoxHound

@ dragonfly.

Throughout means all the way through. It was definitely NOT inferior all the way through.
Snoops own stats bear this out.
I emphasised throughout...
JET set

snoop1050
snoop1050

by your logic he won the championship so it must have been the most dominant car.....

i guess every car that ever won the championship has been the most dominant car then and qualifying pace in that era meant nothing even though its far more relevant that todays qualifying times

FoxHound

You are using qualifying as a barometer. Surely as a member of this site, you should know the difference between qualifying and race pace?
Beelsebobs statistic brings that into clear focus. You can deny that if you like, but intrinsically, Schumacher had a car capable of winning... Along with some of the best strategists the sport has seen.
I won't take away from his achievement, but to intimate he drove a far inferior car to back to back wdc's is plain wrong I feel.
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

snoop1050 wrote:if you a actually watched 94/95 you would know benneton won the races through better stratergy

i cant be bothered to debate with someone who only knows seasons through stats.

lets not forget schumacher had traction control because senna heard it
Wow, you actually don't see how this applies to your own argument then? You actually don't see that I didn't say that because I (necessarily) believed it, but to point out your own flawed argument.