2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

One hour before the FP1, cheers from the TV tech room, I shall be analyzing and commenting Abu Dhabi this weekend on the national F1 TV show.

Looks like Ferrari have broken the curfew last night, so let's see what that means.

stefan_
stefan_

No punishment - it is the first time (out of four allowed) they do it this season. Interesting timing though.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

kebab
kebab

stefan_ wrote:No punishment - it is the first time (out of four allowed) they do it this season. Interesting timing though.
Agreed, breaking curfew on Thursday night is very strange. Either that new parts came in earlier than schedule or something wrong with the car that was found out a little too late.

Kiril Varbanov

kebab wrote:
stefan_ wrote:No punishment - it is the first time (out of four allowed) they do it this season. Interesting timing though.
Agreed, breaking curfew on Thursday night is very strange. Either that new parts came in earlier than schedule or something wrong with the car that was found out a little too late.
According to some people the parts came late night from Milan. Wings passed scrutineering.

Forza

FP1 Live timing

raymondu999

Wow. That McLaren is monstering S2 despite not featuring in the top speedtrap rankings.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

does anyone know what happen to webber's car? was there some sort of a leak?

f1316
f1316

Scuderia Ferrari: FP2 work was a bit different from the usual Friday as we focused more on aero comparison on Fernando's car, sacrifying a bit the long run.
You would therefore hope that with the amount of testing, their ultimate pace is still not clear. I think even a neutral would like to see Alonso a bit closer to the pace.

Forza

CHT@ They said it was an water leak nothing specific at the moment. Some suggest that Kers cooling could be a problem but we have to wait on conformation.

Live timing FP2

Vasconia

Mclaren seem to be surprisingly strong in this track, so I expect a tough battle between Lewis and Sebastian for the pole. I can see Ferrari struggling a little bit, a very desesperate situation for Alonso who now see that there are more rivals who can steal more points.

What about Mercedes?any info about the long runs? Michael seems to be more concetrated here than in India.

Forza

KERS problem affects Webber in practice wrote:
As fluid leaked from the underside of his Red Bull, Mark Webber lost the final ten minutes of practice at Yas Marina on Friday. Since the session has finished under lights, the issue has been diagnosed as yet another KERS problem for the Australian. “We had a KERS issue, which wasn’t the same as last week,” Webber emphasised. “It never helps to miss some running on the track during practice, but it’s not a big deal. The track will move around a little bit from where it is now, but not a huge amount; it’s in pretty good shape straightaway. We’ll get it fixed tonight and come back tomorrow.”

banibhusan

By looking at the S3 times of Alonso in both FP1 and FP2, he is losing around .5s and .6s respectively and that's a massive time loss.

clipsy1H

soo after practices any predictions for Qualifying?? just for Quali

my top 10.
1.Hamilton
2.Vettel
3.Button
4.Webber
5.Alonso
6.Grosjean
7.Kimi
8.Massa
9.Rosberg
10.di Resta

raymondu999

banibhusan wrote:By looking at the S3 times of Alonso in both FP1 and FP2, he is losing around .5s and .6s respectively and that's a massive time loss.
It's a repeat of how they performed in Hungary and Singapore - that car has rubbish slow speed traction.

Interesting with the McLarens. They look mighty on the hard tyres - but they improve the least on the options - just like India. I haven't looked at my entire data set, but on the surface that's certainly how things look.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Ceki
Ceki

Has anyone long stint results ?