2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ecapox

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Here is t hoping Maldonado takes out Webber and vettel.

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

If he has enough fuel for sampling, no penalty then.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

clipsy1H

Joie de vivre wrote:Vettel didn't pit. Possible penalty? IIRC Hamilton was penilised for such deed.
if that RB has enough fuel to test Vettel escape :D if not he will be drop 5 place. But Newey is smart and told him to stop :D

btw: Maldonado in in front rows at start #-o i expect incidents

myurr
myurr

MarkedOne8 wrote:If he has enough fuel for sampling, no penalty then.
That's not the penalty Hamilton was given. You have to make it back to the pits under your own power otherwise you're in breach of the technical, not sporting, regulations. That's an automatic disqualification.

But even if he escapes that and it's a gearbox or engine change that's required then he'll take a penalty for that.

myurr
myurr

clipsy1H wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:Vettel didn't pit. Possible penalty? IIRC Hamilton was penilised for such deed.
if that RB has enough fuel to test Vettel escape :D if not he will be drop 5 place. But Newey is smart and told him to stop :D

btw: Maldonado in in front rows at start #-o i expect incidents
That is EXACTLY what Hamilton was penalised for.

ecapox

I don't think fuel has anything to do with the impending penalty. I believe the rule is that during qualifying your car HAS to make it back to the pit under its own power. Obvious mechanical exclusions apply... but hamilton was sent to the back of the grid.

And if they give grosjean a penalty for that garbage they are idiots.

stefan_
stefan_

Vettel should start from the back of the grid because he didn't return to the pits / parc ferme after qualifying on its own power. He can have the right amount of fuel for the sample, but he should be penalised.
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Nov 2012, 16:11, edited 2 times in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

vall
vall

what a form by Ham!!! Was Alonso the only one how could not improve in his second run?

mzivtins
mzivtins

I believe it was Renault who called for the car to be stopped... that what horner has said... maybe alternator issue?

clipsy1H

stefan_ wrote:Vettel should start from the back of the grid because he didn't return to the pits / parc ferme after qualifying on its own power. He can have the right amount of fuel for the sample, but he should be penalised.
for what!! if he has enough fuel for tests why should get a penalty? :wtf:

ecapox

Does it matter who asked the car to be stopped?

Someone break out the tech regs...in on a phone and can't.
Last edited by ecapox on 03 Nov 2012, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Crabbia
Crabbia

mzivtins wrote:I believe it was Renault who called for the car to be stopped... that what horner has said... maybe alternator issue?
Not the alternator. The steering wheel lights where still on when he shut the engine off.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Redragon

The face of Vettel on the interview is quiet relaxed :lol: :lol:

stefan_
stefan_

clipsy1H wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Vettel should start from the back of the grid because he didn't return to the pits / parc ferme after qualifying on its own power. He can have the right amount of fuel for the sample, but he should be penalised.
Hamilton stopped after qualifying exactly for this reason - to have enough fuel for the required sample and he was thrown at the back of the grid. I am by no means a Hamilton fan, but let's see if there is a chance for consistency in applying penalties. Let's see if wonder boy gets to see the back of the cucumber.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

clipsy1H wrote:
Technical regulations clearly states the car must drive back to Parc Ferme under its own power unless technical evidence can be shown/proven the vehicle has suffered a technical fault (Engine, Gearbox etc). Before anyone says ahahaha loophole with the alternator...the alternator is still considered part of the "powerplant" ergo engine which should still incur a 5 place penalty in the least.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve