2012 US GP - Circuit of the Americas

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Re: 2012 US GP - Circuit of the Americas

For the start, Webber will make his usual start, but the dirty side will bog down Lewis and Kimi a little bit as well. As such, Vettel will make a normal start with Webber riding wheel-wheel with Lewis into Turn 1. This will either put Mark in P2 or delay Hamilton enough trying to get the outside that Vettel has the full length of the downhill to pull away (maximizing acceleration). Vettel does his thing. Webber gets mugged throughout sector 2 (particularly on the long straight by Hamilton/Raikkonen) and ends up in P4/5. Raikkonen won't be able to hold on to Hamilton. Alonso ought to at least get past Massa and Hulkenberg. I want to see Schumi in the top 5.

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Raikkonen
4. Webber
5. Schumi(!!!) (but more likely be pipped by Alonso)
6. Alonso

McMrocks
McMrocks

siskue2005 wrote:
McMrocks wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: what can the team do when their WDC contender drive cant even out qualify his teammate?
Some facts:
Alo 17:2 Massa
Vettel 11:8 Webber
Think about it
some facts
important race for WDC
Think about it
=D> facts are allways a nice basis for arguing.
Alonso fails only 2 times to beat his team mate. Vettel fails more often to beat his team mate but today he made a very good job. And as written above every race is the equal important.

edit: i'm too lazy to post a pic of the belgium qualifying
Last edited by McMrocks on 17 Nov 2012, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

all i am saying is Alonso looked ragged and cracking under pressure today
and he goes to media talks big to motivate his team?? and what can the team do for him now, atleast he should have qualified above his teammate

Lurk

siskue2005 wrote:i know in the race Massa will roll over like a puppy as soon as he sees a red color in his rear mirror, but still
Come on... Massa is back in business. I don't expect him to be followed by a Marussia. Oh, wait! :mrgreen:

banibhusan

Does anyone have any idea why Ferraris were so slow, especially Alonso? .5s down on Schumi and even more than both the Lotuses is a terrible performance by the team.
raymondu999 wrote: He seems to have come alive whenever there is a lack of grip this year. A lack of grip for everybody that is (as opposed to himself running out of tyres)
That means he still has it in himself!! =D>

raymondu999

Gerhard Berger wrote:All races are equally important for the championship. It's still 25 points for a race win at each race. Think about it :wink:
Both of you are arguing against someone you'll probably never meet in real life - and whose opinion probably won't change a thing in your life nor in the F1 results. Think about it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

banibhusan

RB7ate9 wrote:For the start, Webber will make his usual start, but the dirty side will bog down Lewis and Kimi a little bit as well. As such, Vettel will make a normal start with Webber riding wheel-wheel with Lewis into Turn 1. This will either put Mark in P2 or delay Hamilton enough trying to get the outside that Vettel has the full length of the downhill to pull away (maximizing acceleration). Vettel does his thing. Webber gets mugged throughout sector 2 (particularly on the long straight by Hamilton/Raikkonen) and ends up in P4/5. Raikkonen won't be able to hold on to Hamilton. Alonso ought to at least get past Massa and Hulkenberg. I want to see Schumi in the top 5.

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Raikkonen
4. Webber
6. Alonso
To sum up the whole post, basically you want the WDC decided tomorrow itself?? :wink:

siskue2005

exactly, MS was mighty in all the wet quly sessions
it takes great skill to drive in wet / slippery and low grip conditions

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote:all i am saying is Alonso looked ragged and cracking under pressure today
and he goes to media talks big to motivate his team?? and what can the team do for him now, atleast he should have qualified above his teammate
Alonso underperformed today, that is clear enough, whether it was due to pressure is not so clear and it is very presumptuous of you to claim that he "cracked under the pressure".

The team prepare his car, do the pitstops, do the strategy etc.

You do realise it is very rare for a driver to beat his team mate in every qualifying session of the season? Alonso, over the whole season has done a brilliant job in Q3.

I don't seem to remember you coming on here after the first 3 races saying "Vettel should have at least outqualified Webber".

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote:exactly, MS was mighty in all the wet quly sessions
and guess who topped the 2 wet qualifying sessions this season? and guess who won the 1 wet race season? :wink:

turbof1

I don't see Vettel pulling away so fast at the start. Even he will need some laps to get the heat into the tyres, and without that he'll struggle for grip like all the others. So maybe starting at the dirty side doesn't bring that much of a disadvantage. Perhaps Hamilton his chance to get past Vettel? Whenever there is low grip for everybody, Hamilton always seems to get most out or it.
#AeroFrodo

raymondu999

turbof1 wrote:I don't see Vettel pulling away so fast at the start. Even he will need some laps to get the heat into the tyres,
I actually think it could be good for Vettel. In my opinion Vettel is one of the strongest drivers on cold tyres. Just look at his restarts and his opening laps (when he leads the opening/restart lap)

Of course either one of our theories sound plausible - and we could also both be wrong.

Mind you - don't forget that Vettel will have the cleanest air at the start (assuming a clean getaway), which will help him bring his tyres in.
JimClarkFan wrote:I don't see it being anything other than vettel pulling away. Hamilton was driving on the edge during the whole of Q3, you can't maintain that over a race in my view.
I think you can, especially with the current breed of 0-deg tyres - just that it's very taxing on you mentally, and it makes you more vulnerable to making a mistake further on.
Last edited by raymondu999 on 17 Nov 2012, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

The Ferrari doesn't gain the same advantage as other cars do when the DRS is engaged. Both Ferrari's went slower in Q3 than in Q2, so it could be they couldn't get the tires on. Watching Vettel onboard he was hitting DRS immediately after the apex, this allowed him to carry more speed on the exit. This advantage is nonexistent in the race not to mention the tires although slow to degrade and wear will still wear.

In any case Hamilton is the only one that I can see challenging Vettel at all in the race, unless Vettel has a ridiculous DRS advantage. Vettel might get a lousy start, idk we shall see.
Saishū kōnā

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

banibhusan wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:For the start, Webber will make his usual start, but the dirty side will bog down Lewis and Kimi a little bit as well. As such, Vettel will make a normal start with Webber riding wheel-wheel with Lewis into Turn 1. This will either put Mark in P2 or delay Hamilton enough trying to get the outside that Vettel has the full length of the downhill to pull away (maximizing acceleration). Vettel does his thing. Webber gets mugged throughout sector 2 (particularly on the long straight by Hamilton/Raikkonen) and ends up in P4/5. Raikkonen won't be able to hold on to Hamilton. Alonso ought to at least get past Massa and Hulkenberg. I want to see Schumi in the top 5.

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Raikkonen
4. Webber
6. Alonso
To sum up the whole post, basically you want the WDC decided tomorrow itself?? :wink:
Want? No. Despite my forum name, I would really like to see Alonso get the WDC this year. It's just difficult to argue with Vettel pulling out those ridiculous pole laps. What I REALLY want is for the season to end in Brazil with Alonso and Vettel battling in the midfield (7 through 10) to win by 1 or 2 points!

siskue2005

Gerhard Berger wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:exactly, MS was mighty in all the wet quly sessions
and guess who topped the 2 wet qualifying sessions this season? and guess who won the 1 wet race season? :wink:
and guess who has won most number of wet races in the current F1 grid? and who has won the least amount of wet races in the current grid? :wink: