Williams FW35 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Williams FW35 (pre-launch speculation)

Last edited by FrukostScones on 09 Jan 2013, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

stefan_

Re: Williams FW35

Or maybe a lower chassis like McLaren had last year. We'll see...
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FrukostScones

stefan_ wrote:Or maybe a lower chassis like McLaren had last year. We'll see...
no

zoro_f1

are you sure about the stepped nose on FW35?

click >> [No stepped nose on 2013 Williams reveals Bottas]
“With the new rules, the step nose is straightened. That is the biggest difference in appearance."
ps - I don't trust on every story which i don't know the source. Image Yalla is one of the best news sites for F1. Image
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

FrukostScones

zoro_f1 wrote:are you sure about the stepped nose on FW35?

click >> [No stepped nose on 2013 Williams reveals Bottas]
“With the new rules, the step nose is straightened. That is the biggest difference in appearance."
ps - I don't trust on every story which i don't know the source. Image Yalla is one of the best news sites for F1. Image
no, (as I wrote).

but omnicorse.it got it wrong I think,
original source of Bottas quotes:
http://translate.google.de/translate?sl ... os&act=url

would have been intersting if they kept the step... (but if the shape of the modesty panel is not homologated it can play a role in perfectioning the car for every circuit)

zoro_f1

Also, this topic should be named as "Williams Renault FW35" or something similar... Image
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

FrukostScones

zoro_f1 wrote:Also, this topic should be named as "Williams Renault FW35" or something similar... Image
why?

zoro_f1

i think it's good to know the engine suplier too... Image
FrukostScones wrote:
zoro_f1 wrote:Also, this topic should be named as "Williams Renault FW35" or something similar... Image
why?

Sevach

Re: Williams FW35 (pre-launch speculation)

Resuming... direct evolution of the 34 with a modesty panel.

RB7ate9

Sevach wrote:Resuming... direct evolution of the 34 with a modesty panel.
Most likely they'll have a coanda solution on hand. Whether or not they will use it is the question.

Does their low-profile gearbox affect exhaust coanda efficiency?

Huntresa

RB7ate9 wrote:
Most likely they'll have a coanda solution on hand. Whether or not they will use it is the question.

Shouldnt intefer with coanda. Might intefer if they go for a tunnel or the tunnel might be even stronger.

Sevach

RB7ate9 wrote:

According to Bottas one of the things Williams aimed to improve is traction, exhaust blowing no doubt helps in this area.

Williams tried coanda exhausts multiple times last year, they had a version of it as early as the Mugello tests and another later in the season (Suzuka i think) but they never commited to it, it went unraced.
Let's see what they come up with.

stefan_

Presentation of the Williams Renault FW35

The Williams F1 Team will present its 2013 car, the Williams Renault FW35, on Tuesday 19 February at the Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona in Spain. The car will be rolled out of the garage for a photocall with drivers Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas between 08:30 and 08:40.

A full press kit will be made available at 0900 CET on 19 February, along with interview footage and photography featuring both Williams drivers and senior personnel.

For the earlier Jerez test starting on the 5th February, the team will run the 2012 FW34 in order to test a number of key development parts in preparation for the launch of the FW35. The FW34 will display 2013 livery.

Both drivers will be available for media interviews throughout winter testing with a full schedule of opportunities, along with our driver programme, due to be distributed later this month.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Sevach

I never expected Williams to go for a late launch.

Neno

Sevach wrote:I never expected Williams to go for a late launch.
Agree, last year they were among first who tested car, even they go before season testing in Algarve Portimão run some
new aerodynamic test. This year, miss first test, I am very suprised, specially when one of drivers is rookie (even with
some experience driving last year car).

I dont know is this have something with, financial situation or some late discovery in wind tunnel, but missing first test is
not good sign, specialy when regulations are 99% same from last year.