2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
F1NAC

Re: 2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

in 2010 this race was phenomenal, Alo and Vet driving in 1 second whole race almost :D

Harsha
Harsha

F1NAC wrote:in 2010 this race was phenomenal, Alo and Vet driving in 1 second whole race almost :D
I really want to see that Battle again :) Perhaps this time it will be even tighter Despite with DRS i think
That is the race I completely changed my Point about Seb. Until that time we only saw Vettel as a bit like Romain of 2012. But he Judged the situation Very well and Chased Fernando for entire race and the Vettel's Radio after Race "We will get them don't too worry"

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Re: 2013 Singapore GP

n_anirudh wrote:
Cocles wrote:
F1NAC wrote:no more singapore sling chicane now it's left hand corner
Does anyone have any diagrams or photos of they're doing? This is one of those situations where a picture would be worth a thousand words.
http://www.singaporegp.sg/media/news.php?id=133

http://www.singaporegp.sg/media/images/20130819-1.jpg

One more pic here...from twitter

GitanesBlondes

Looks much better without that silly chicane.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

SiLo

Will teams want to run fewer stops because of the threat of a safety car? Wonder if we will see some different strategies?
Felipe Baby!

raymondu999

SiLo wrote:Will teams want to run fewer stops because of the threat of a safety car? Wonder if we will see some different strategies?
Teams will always try to stop less here. There is a massive pitlane time loss. Upwards of 27-28 seconds.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SiLo

Think we might see some boring racing then... When they are all preserving tyres it's boring.
Felipe Baby!

raymondu999

SiLo wrote:Think we might see some boring racing then... When they are all preserving tyres it's boring.
Or in fact, some will try, but fail - which, from a "show" perspective, is exciting.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

I see the Lotus and Mercs being equal to Red Bull here, hell we might even see a competitive McLaren. This tracks surface is so unique that it might level the playing field except for 3 or 4 turns. The better driver will win this race. We might get a drying track during qualifying session.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:I see the Lotus and Mercs being equal to Red Bull here, hell we might even see a competitive McLaren. This tracks surface is so unique that it might level the playing field except for 3 or 4 turns. The better driver will win this race. We might get a drying track during qualifying session.
Lotus? Interesting, considering they've gone rubbish at every other smooth tarmac circuit we've been on this year.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Powershift

The results of SPA & Monza have almost no correlation to how the cars will perform in Singapore high downforce configuration. Merc will challenge for the pole and win, as will RBR, Lotus should challenge during the race, Ferrari's pace will be subject to how well its new aero updates perform.

An interesting thread about fixing the Marina bay circuit,
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5974

I feel the new turn 10 Singapore sling complex is a step forward, but not nearly enough to improve this racetrack.
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

godlameroso

raymondu999 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:I see the Lotus and Mercs being equal to Red Bull here, hell we might even see a competitive McLaren. This tracks surface is so unique that it might level the playing field except for 3 or 4 turns. The better driver will win this race. We might get a drying track during qualifying session.
Lotus? Interesting, considering they've gone rubbish at every other smooth tarmac circuit we've been on this year.
This is by far the bumpiest track of the year, whereas Monaco and Canada have incredibly smooth surfaces that allow the diffuser to work very well. Singapore in contrast has jarring dips and bumps and no amount of resurfacing can cure it, this makes it harder to work the diffuser. The team with the best internal aero and suspension will shine on this track.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:This is by far the bumpiest track of the year, whereas Monaco and Canada have incredibly smooth surfaces that allow the diffuser to work very well. Singapore in contrast has jarring dips and bumps and no amount of resurfacing can cure it, this makes it harder to work the diffuser. The team with the best internal aero and suspension will shine on this track.
Oh topographically it's bumpy. But the tarmac itself is smooth (as opposed to abrasive tarmac). While from a topographical perspective those with more benign aero should shine here - we should be mindful of the fact that whenever the tarmac itself been smooth - the Lotus has been rubbish.

If you were to go to a Bahrain and Sepang for example, there isn't a bump in sight, but if you were to even draw a line on the tarmac with your bare finger, it would cut your finger (Yes, I learnt the hard way)

In Singapore, Canada, Monaco (where I've done the same) the surface is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Well I exaggerate as nothing in the world can be that smooth, but you get the point.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

so.. the track was blessed today, in 10 different religions. Lol.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ecapox

Is this a normal thing?