2013 Korean Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

Why is Rosberg sitting in a left-hand-drive car in a country where the cars are right-hand-drive?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:Why is Rosberg sitting in a left-hand-drive car in a country where the cars are right-hand-drive?
Mercedes AMG GLA (new Mercedes SUV) they transport their own vehicles just like how Ferrari gets to take out either Ferrari' / Maserati's in each country that has a Ferrari / Maserati showroom.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

I have no doubt they do - but why not bring in a right-hand-drive car? Driving left-hand-drive in a right-hand-drive country is not very easy. All the driver facilities such as tickets and stuff that you have to take are on the right. Trust me, I've driven my friend's LHD car in a RHD country. lol
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:I have no doubt they do - but why not bring in a right-hand-drive car? Driving left-hand-drive in a right-hand-drive country is not very easy. All the driver facilities such as tickets and stuff that you have to take are on the right. Trust me, I've driven my friend's LHD car in a RHD country. lol
I agree, shoot a message to Mercedes AMG GP and ask them what their methodology behind bringing an LHD vehicle to an RHD compliant nation.

I've done it before...and its frustrating, its called an airport parking terminal...silly imported Mustang >.<
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

iotar__ wrote:
What about safety cars Mr Permane? "There was an element of luck for Kimi with the safety car" "Element"? How about full 100% element of luck (25 s)? Really small number in F1. Same song as in Germany: [the safety car] "It played into Kimi's hands a little" Yes "a little", the whole 10 s, he would have had no chance to be anywhere near top 2 without it. What were the other elements I wonder, the bigger part in Germany for example? Ugh, marketing pitch.

They can play their games (what can you do?) and have two failed seasons in a row no one is responsible for of course, but this shameless lying is what bothers me. I'm surprised Allison packed himself and left in the middle of the season despite all the "shots" at great results.

Some posts are quite bitter for reason known top people themselves

To people who was saying Kimi got podium only because of SC, I remember he was already in a podium position before sc came out. Yes sc helped him, but he was right there before sc too.
Before sc
Vettel 1 stop
Gros 1 stop
Kimi 2 stop
Perez 1 stop
Web 2 stop
Ham 2 stop
Hulk 2 stop
Alo 2 stop

Only difference is that he would have been 3rd instead of second, Before that he did some nice moves to reach where he was. the only difference is 2nd or 3rd that's it. (one needs to tell grosjean to be on track and not drive on astro turf )

One needs to appreciate the hard work every driver up and down the grid puts in and not sit in living room and type some crap just because you don't like a particular driver. Also this year kimi has out qualified romain before the tyre specification were changed back to 2012.

Hope we are analytical and not critical without a reason

iotar__

sriraj1031 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
What about safety cars Mr Permane? "There was an element of luck for Kimi with the safety car" "Element"? How about full 100% element of luck (25 s)? Really small number in F1. Same song as in Germany: [the safety car] "It played into Kimi's hands a little" Yes "a little", the whole 10 s, he would have had no chance to be anywhere near top 2 without it. What were the other elements I wonder, the bigger part in Germany for example? Ugh, marketing pitch.

They can play their games (what can you do?) and have two failed seasons in a row no one is responsible for of course, but this shameless lying is what bothers me. I'm surprised Allison packed himself and left in the middle of the season despite all the "shots" at great results.

Some posts are quite bitter for reason known top people themselves

To people who was saying Kimi got podium only because of SC, I remember he was already in a podium position before sc came out. Yes sc helped him, but he was right there before sc too.
Before sc
Vettel 1 stop
Gros 1 stop
Kimi 2 stop
Perez 1 stop
Web 2 stop
Ham 2 stop
Hulk 2 stop
Alo 2 stop

Only difference is that he would have been 3rd instead of second, Before that he did some nice moves to reach where he was. the only difference is 2nd or 3rd that's it. (one needs to tell grosjean to be on track and not drive on astro turf )

One needs to appreciate the hard work every driver up and down the grid puts in and not sit in living room and type some crap just because you don't like a particular driver. Also this year kimi has out qualified romain before the tyre specification were changed back to 2012.

Hope we are analytical and not critical without a reason
The usual theoretical dissecting about things that didn't happen and wouldn't have happened. What about tyres, traffic, length of stints? Raikkonen got all the benefits of early stop without costs and now you ignore that and mix theory with reality working backwards of course. The fact that early stop wasn't a choice but was forced is another story.

With safety car at the right time you can even win like Alonso in 2008 from 11th (?) but you can't build serious challenge for wins that way. Perhaps you should re-watch Korea instead of theoretical diluting? Grosjean's move on Hamilton was of the highest calibre, LH did little wrong but was out-braked and more importantly left behind in the corner, then defending was equally good. If it was the other way (or Hulkenberg) TV pundits would be salivating for 20 minutes about it.

This is what you need in F1, nailing qualifying and getting in front immediately when it matters and on the first occasion you can against the best. Not trudging along in ninth place waiting for luck to bail you out. I'll take that over mistake (in a team that did everything not to make a driver comfortable) and DRS overtake between safety cars and yellow flags.

Edit: Since I missed this call back to team orders farce - I take it you agree that to keep any pretence of honesty or equal treatment they should have put Grosjean in front of Raikkonen because he had better tyres and better chance to be close to Vettel?

Juzh

Just wondering if hamilton's sunday drive will shut up people who claim vettel can't overtake with the slowest car on the straight. As you can see, with a RB philosophy of going pure DF, no one can.

radosav
radosav

Juzh wrote:Just wondering if hamilton's sunday drive will shut up people who claim vettel can't overtake with the slowest car on the straight. As you can see, with a RB philosophy of going pure DF, no one can.
If no one can't , Vettel can't either ! What did you mean with this statement????

Juzh

radosav wrote:
Juzh wrote:Just wondering if hamilton's sunday drive will shut up people who claim vettel can't overtake with the slowest car on the straight. As you can see, with a RB philosophy of going pure DF, no one can.
If no one can't , Vettel can't either ! What did you mean with this statement????
Well that was kinda the point. People were dissing vettel (hungary comes to mind) because he couldn't overtake cars sometimes with his dreadfully slow red bull in straight line. The same people were saying how Hamilton and Alonso could overtake while completely ignoring their car's massive top speed advantage (hamilton had +16kph !!! over vettel in hungary). Finally roles got reversed and what did we see from ham or alo? Nothing! Stuck behind a faster straight line car pretty much the entire race.

LionKing
LionKing

Juzh wrote:
radosav wrote:
Well that was kinda the point. People were dissing vettel (hungary comes to mind) because he couldn't overtake cars sometimes with his dreadfully slow red bull in straight line. The same people were saying how Hamilton and Alonso could overtake while completely ignoring their car's massive top speed advantage (hamilton had +16kph !!! over vettel in hungary). Finally roles got reversed and what did we see from ham or alo? Nothing! Stuck behind a faster straight line car pretty much the entire race.
But Hamilton did NOT have a slower car on straights in Korea.

From quali:
Alonso 320.0 kph (fastest)
Hulkenberg 317.6
Hamilton 317.5

RBR used to be like 10kph down...

Juzh

Merc and ferrari had long 7th gear which for whatever reasons (traction, wing angles) did them no good. Fact is, sauber was quicker in a straight line (di resta said they had +7 clicks over next fastest car with no drs) so ham and alo for once found themselves in a position vettel was in since 2009 basically, and they couldn't get past. Can't see anyone dissing them about it.

komninosm
komninosm

notApineapple wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:
Simple: I've never ever seen an exit that puts you right into the racing line.
not before driving through the run-off zone for turn 1...
:lol:
Yeah they Britta'd it.

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:Well that was kinda the point. People were dissing vettel (hungary comes to mind) because he couldn't overtake cars sometimes with his dreadfully slow red bull in straight line. The same people were saying how Hamilton and Alonso could overtake while completely ignoring their car's massive top speed advantage (hamilton had +16kph !!! over vettel in hungary). Finally roles got reversed and what did we see from ham or alo? Nothing! Stuck behind a faster straight line car pretty much the entire race.
It was hardly his top speed that allowed him to get past Webber twice in Hungary.
I love how you ignore the fact that even though Vettel had lower top speed that he had huge advantages in other areas.
There was absolutely no reason for Vettel to not get past cars in other places in Hungary which Grosjean and Hamilton proved time and time again.

Both Grosjean and Hamilton passed in places where top speed was irrelevant.
Yes it´s true Hamilton had one DRS pass, just like Vettel but what won that race was not DRS or top speed, it was pure overtakes from Hamilton.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

radosav
radosav

Juzh wrote:Merc and ferrari had long 7th gear which for whatever reasons (traction, wing angles) did them no good. Fact is, sauber was quicker in a straight line (di resta said they had +7 clicks over next fastest car with no drs) so ham and alo for once found themselves in a position vettel was in since 2009 basically, and they couldn't get past. Can't see anyone dissing them about it.
If Alonso had fastest straight line speed than your statement has no logic behind it! People probably said Vettel can't overtake because they don't count DRS overtaking as real overtaking! DRS overtaking has been introduced few years ago and before DRS they rated best overtakers by their racecraft without DRS ! They probably applied that standards to evaluate Vettel!

el-Magico
el-Magico

foxmulder_ms wrote:Did you guys see this, Hamilton's thoughts about the race?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24419864

I will give Hamilton, "the most arrogant driver of the year" award. I like him but he is loosing it.
But he is right though..

I'm a big fan of F1, but this Vettel dominance is too much..
it is killing the sport..
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."