2013 Korean Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Kansas
Kansas

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

iotar__ wrote:Correction to the previous one and to finish it: Ricciardo started 12th (checked F1 site and forgot about Webber), and of course he benefited from pile up too. So it would have been Massa, Gutierrez, Perez, probably Button in front and Alonso further ahead.

Let me rephrase it then: driver who was supposed to "fight" for podium even without luck of safety cars, Rosberg's, Hamilton's and Webber's problems - after extremely lucky pile up that took four drivers in front of him was after several laps between Ricciardo in Toro Rosso who started 12th on mediums and Maldonado in Williams who started 18th. Well done! The rest to make it short: the same, irrelevant, going nowhere or you win. Choose yourself.

I felt bad about Gro-Raikk bickering until I saw Vettel vs Ham overtaking discussion, although that one was shorter :wink: .
Proved that you are just ignorance. Webber was never in front of Kimi. If you count webber as supposed podium contender, why you didn't count kimi in when that guy was behind Kimi all the while. And it was lewis that overstressed his tire that cost him to pit soon, his teammate had no issues whatsoever.

And please include the luck of Nando and Hulk for Lotus' blunders of not covering their earlier pitstop after the first stint. Instead they let kimi stay out and when they pitted him, he was once again behind Nando and Hulk. Without such blunders, he would've plenty of clean air to catch the merc duo.

Of course you are not aware, because as usual, you are selective with the facts posted.

henra
henra

jknights wrote: I had a 'mad' thought that it would be a good idea if after winning the WDC in a particular car then you had to move to a new team. That way others get to drive a great car and we see how good they really are.
Funny idea :D

That said I'm not convinced it is that simple.
Speaking of good Drivers in absolute Terms IMHO misses the Point. Drivers have certain Driving styles. Not every Driving style fits to the behaviour of every car.
With Vettel and RB it appears that the strength of the car perfectly corresponds to the driving style and strength of Vettel.
I don't think Webber is as 'bad' a Driver as one might conclude when looking at the raw results. The behaviour of the car might simply not fit to his driving style. It seems he can't exploit its capabilities to the full extent.
Therefore Vettel might struggle in a different car but at the same time we can't take it as a given that a Hamilton or Alonso would be able to exploit the strength of the RB to the same extent as Vettel does.
Life is ususally not simply black or white.

el-Magico
el-Magico

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Come on Ray, he's entitled as an enthusiast to have an opinion...in his opinion its killing the sport, in my opinion circuits aren't liking it as crowd numbers are dwindling.
I have no issue with saying people have a bad opinion of Vettel's dominance. But let's use the right words. Is Usain Bolt killing sprint races? No. He's killing the show.

Vettel's dominance isn't killing F1, it's killing F1's popularity.

It's not about me shooting down his opinion - it's about semantics.
Ok you might be right; but you know what I meant.. :wink:
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

komninosm
komninosm

raymondu999 wrote:
komninosm wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:(As I live in a RHD country) - LHD is awkward, period. :P
Ringo's point was that if you drive on the right (RHD roads) you put the steering wheel on the left side of the car (LHD car).
RHD roads have you driving in the left lane, and you drive on the right side of the car.
LHD roads have you driving in the right lane, and you drive on the left side of the car.
I don't know who's right, I'm just trying to help you two communicate 8)

raymondu999

Unfortunately I think you misunderstood what LHD and RHD meant in the first place. Driving on the right, steering wheel on the left is an LHD car
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

Edit

ringo

Rikhart wrote:
ringo wrote:
Rikhart wrote:
No, friend, it´s not me. It´s reality, via numbers. Stop fishing for made up ---, you are dreaming.

Grosjean is the faster driver on raw pace. His qualifying record is still quite good compared to Kimi. Let's just wait till suzuka.
Kimi aint fast any more.
Give me a race where his piling pressure on the leaders like Grosjean througout the whole race.
Thanks to Swerved on autosport forums:

Official standings after Korea.

Qualy: Kimi 9 - Romain 5

DAYUM LOOK AT ALL THE RAW PACE BRO
Look at Suzuka, the kid is faster man. He's clerly got Raikonen's ticket. The stuff i didn't delete is what is important. And we all know grid penalties and errors has nothing to do with raw pace. Romain is the faster driver, and i think Lotus can live with Kimi being gone, as long as Romain continues to improve, and maybe become a race winner.
For Sure!!

henra
henra

ringo wrote: Look at Suzuka, the kid is faster man. He's clerly got Raikonen's ticket.
I'm not sure you can conclude that so easily. By that logic if you look at Suzuka, Ferrari would have to get rid of Alonso urgently instead of Massa.

Although Qualifying pace gives an indication of the raw speed of a driver, it is not the full picture.
And for a Team only results count in monetary terms. And that is what it's all about.
The quantifiable (and money producing) results speak a different language so far between RG and KR.
That may or may not change in future to the better for Grosjean. Looking at his general trend throughout the year that is very well possible but you can't take it as a given, yet.

atanatizante

Some hard evidences :
1. Hulk with no DRS and Alonso with DRS open:

2. Hulk DRS off - Hamy DRS on:

3. Hamy DRS off:

Bottom line:
a) Hulk has had 5km/h advantage over Hamy when both DRS's were off
b) Alonso was 7km/h faster than Hamy and even him couldn't pass the great Hulk :)
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus