2013 Korean Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

gray41

I think Lewis can get his first 2nd of the season.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

irang
irang

Kiril Varbanov wrote:I know it's early, but still ...

https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/stat ... 7961994240
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/13235l.html Forecast track of typhoon Pitow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... EB4Q#t=213
Currently it looks to be going to hit the area Sunday evening.

Joie de vivre

I hope we see rain.

spiritone
spiritone

For the people that say they enjoy the race even though there is no battle for the lead, BS. The object of any sport is to win. Watching a good battle for the lead is what it's all about, watching a battle for 13th is a waste of time. Watching a race like singapore is boring. For me a real race is watching the battle for the lead between vettel and hamilton at cota last year. Hope when i go this year its not another RBR runaway. When shumi was dominating i shut off the tv (guess i'm not a real fan) Right now RBR have the best car by far. Newey is a genius ( i am a huge fan) and has made the rest of the teams look ordinary. Good for him, bad for the rest of us. I have been a F1 fan since the 50's when i bought a book called speedage and discovered F1 and i will still be a fan until i'm no longer around. Will i still watch the races? Yes. I will get up at 4 or 5 in the morning to watch the start (after racing the night before and not getting home until 1am.) but if vettel starts running away with the race i will go back to bed and watch the replay later, just like i did when shumi was dominating. I have always loved the tech but i think it is starting to rule the races and is getting beyond the ability of the inspectors to police it. Just my opinion.

SectorOne

I´ll take your Hamilton/Vettel battle in COTA and raise you with Hamilton/Webber battle in Korea 2011.
Damn fine driving by both guys.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

diego.liv
diego.liv

gray41 wrote:I think Lewis can get his first 2nd of the season.
You meant "his second 1st of the season" right???

stefan_
stefan_

Wait... what?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Traction

spiritone wrote:For the people that say they enjoy the race even though there is no battle for the lead, BS. The object of any sport is to win. Watching a good battle for the lead is what it's all about, watching a battle for 13th is a waste of time. Watching a race like singapore is boring. For me a real race is watching the battle for the lead between vettel and hamilton at cota last year. Hope when i go this year its not another RBR runaway. When shumi was dominating i shut off the tv (guess i'm not a real fan) Right now RBR have the best car by far. Newey is a genius ( i am a huge fan) and has made the rest of the teams look ordinary. Good for him, bad for the rest of us. I have been a F1 fan since the 50's when i bought a book called speedage and discovered F1 and i will still be a fan until i'm no longer around. Will i still watch the races? Yes. I will get up at 4 or 5 in the morning to watch the start (after racing the night before and not getting home until 1am.) but if vettel starts running away with the race i will go back to bed and watch the replay later, just like i did when shumi was dominating. I have always loved the tech but i think it is starting to rule the races and is getting beyond the ability of the inspectors to police it. Just my opinion.
Im sure you will admit though a solid tit for tat, wheel to wheel battle between 2/3/4 drivers regardless of positioning is always great to watch. I will admit that it is always more exciting when it is a battle for the win but solid racing between drivers is always awesome to watch. 8)
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

SamH123
SamH123

stefan_ wrote:
Wait... what?
What is confusing about Stefan's post? Hamilton hasn't come 2nd this season

If the typhoon doesn't come, is it still likely to be wet?

godlameroso

No typhoon in Korea, not this week anyway, apparently the storm will end up in Japan. My prediction for the weekend is obfuscated by the timing of the storm interacting with a nearby weather system. For certain I know it's going to be slightly cooler than usual 18-22c, if the humidity is high and the temperature goes around 22-23c there will be a substantial chance of rain. If humidity is high the only way it will not rain is if temperature is over 27c. I expect rain throughout the weekend.

As far as racing is concerned if on the odd chance it doesn't rain, the lateral loads seen on the tires in this track leads me to believe the supersoft will pretty much be used for 4 or 5 laps at the most with the prime as the race tire of choice. The teams better prepare for a three stop, if it doesn't rain that is.
Saishū kōnā

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

According to accuweather:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/kr/yeonga ... her/223768
Will be raining the whole weekend

gray41

stefan_ wrote:
Wait... what?
I think Lewis could get his first 2nd place of the season?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

iotar__

gray41 wrote:
stefan_ wrote:
Wait... what?
I think Lewis could get his first 2nd place of the season?
Not with the starts he's had. You get one good start from easiest position out of five races and everyone forgets the others (including 2 other poles).

SectorOne

To my memory he´s had equal starts to Vettel for the most part. The Ferrari´s tend to skew the visuals a bit when they come through like rockets.
If they had started on the second row in Singapore both would be 1-2 into T1 i think.

He´s lost 6 positions on the first lap in 13 races. Rosberg has lost 10,
Average for both is 0.46 for Ham and 0.77 for Rosberg.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"