2013 Korean Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mr Alcatraz

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

raymondu999 wrote:
Mr Alcatraz wrote:If the race is dry what do ya'awl boys think the pecking order will be (after Vettel)? Predictions?
y'all, not ya'awl :P

If dry, I'm predicting P2 and P3 will be between Lewis and Kimi, P4 and P5 between Webber and Alonso.
Thanks Ray; I always use "y''awl boys". I like to accentuate the hillbilly "w" sound .......,.dawg :P
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Kiril Varbanov

Video of Kimi's crash: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151693545902536

And the final result:

Juzh

Quick recap of todays FPs? I slept it over :|

Kiril Varbanov

Juzh wrote:Quick recap of todays FPs? I slept it over :|
Yes, FP1 here - http://www.f1technical.net/news/18803
FP2 here - http://www.f1technical.net/news/18804

Hamilton fastest in both, Mercedes and Red Bull seem to be clearly ahead of Ferrari. RAI crashed in FP1, but mechanics managed to repair the car to send him back on track for FP2. Vettel has had some KERS issues, but I can't properly track the information right now.

iotar__

Yeah what happened for Europe based people? FIA still asleep and you can't even download lap times or what?

Red Bull didn't engage their extra booster, track not predictable enough for fully "legal" tricks? Raikkonen - only 10 million+ can get you such performance? (no worries they'll analyze the data and go backwards tomorrow but he'll be fine). Did they run longer wheel-base? Mercedes found the pace (?), hopefully they can be annoyance for Red Bull.

Meanwhile tyre tests without race drivers and in 2011 car are "not an awful lot of help for us" (meaning team, McLaren here). Now imagine the test with 2013 car, regular drivers and no hard rules enforced under scrutiny of FIA. They all (McL, Ferr, RB, Merc) simply loooove to help Pirelli now.

Juzh

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Juzh wrote:Quick recap of todays FPs? I slept it over :|
Yes, FP1 here - http://www.f1technical.net/news/18803
FP2 here - http://www.f1technical.net/news/18804

Hamilton fastest in both, Mercedes and Red Bull seem to be clearly ahead of Ferrari. RAI crashed in FP1, but mechanics managed to repair the car to send him back on track for FP2. Vettel has had some KERS issues, but I can't properly track the information right now.
How about race pace?

gray41

Kimi could well be in the mix if he can qualify just a little higher than he usually achieves.

Safe money on another RedBull/Mercedes front row.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

gandharva

I think we will see real pace tomorrow as hopefully the track will improve. Sadly only one support race this weekend... Lots of graining with supersoft tires in FP 1/2.

Racer X

Kimi had a little run of bad luck all the dust in the field gave alot of drivers issues.
I hope his Lotus is going to be running perfectly.

Ferrari is the dark horse i think maybe their race pace will shine here since there are huge straights an the Ferrari engine might find a natural advantage durin the race.

Lotus depending on their qualifying we will see them fight Ferrari. Maybe even a podium.

Then you have the MidField. Lead by Torro Rosso perhaps pushing everyone else back.Hulk might beat out the McLarens or atleast Perez he has the same car from Singapore here. McLaren has a new front wing on Buttons car. Maybe only Button can get into points. Force India I'm certain they will fight with both cars up as high as 6-7th. Then there is Williams maybe they can fight Sauber and McLarens Mexicans for 11-12th.

After them Marrusia and Caterham.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

ringo

Is a Hamilton win likely? he's always been there or there about.
I haven't seen the practice sessions, will see if P3 gives any indication of who is in the sweet spot to give a good performance.
For Sure!!

turbof1

If he can get pole and he gets away good enough on Sunday, then probably yes. Getting pole will require him to do his utter best.
#AeroFrodo

Racer X

Even so with Pole we have many times seen the Mercedez show weak race pace so Mercedez winning after gettig a pole doesn't really pan out everytime.

The race pace difference between The RedBull and Mercedez might be to huge a difference.
We might see Lewis come in 4th it would not surprise me The Ferrari and RedBulls maybe even Lotus pushing the Mercedez to 4&5th.... It's happened.

It also seems their might not e rain after all for the race.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

radosav
radosav

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPteTkM ... detailpage[/youtube]
And people said that Kimi doesn't give enough feedback and information to his engineers. :D

turbof1

Racer X wrote:Even so with Pole we have many times seen the Mercedez show weak race pace so Mercedez winning after gettig a pole doesn't really pan out everytime.

The race pace difference between The RedBull and Mercedez might be to huge a difference.
We might see Lewis come in 4th it would not surprise me The Ferrari and RedBulls maybe even Lotus pushing the Mercedez to 4&5th.... It's happened.

It also seems their might not e rain after all for the race.
I think they largely solved their race pace. Maybe that red bull still beats them at that, but ferrari and lotus will not be able to match mercedes.
#AeroFrodo