Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Mattiacci has negotiated an extension of the freeze on engine development in 2015 from the original February deadline to a new deadline of July. This is good news for Ferrari engine development and the first big win for Ferrari's new big boss.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/43298/ ... dei-motori

f1316
f1316

I am kinda continuing a thought from the car thread re the suspension but it really has nothing to do with the car.

I just find it a perverted kind of a world when the person who has been frankly substandard all year is 'entrusted' with new parts and the person who has proven over many years to always get the best for the team regardless of the situation is not.

It's an emotional and sentimental point of view, but I really dislike Ferrari's - my team to which i am loyal - lack of reverence to people who have done so much for them. I am reminded of Michael being pushed out in 2006 and it upsets me.

Ok rant over.

windwaves
windwaves

f1316 wrote:I am kinda continuing a thought from the car thread re the suspension but it really has nothing to do with the car.

I just find it a perverted kind of a world when the person who has been frankly substandard all year is 'entrusted' with new parts and the person who has proven over many years to always get the best for the team regardless of the situation is not.

It's an emotional and sentimental point of view, but I really dislike Ferrari's - my team to which i am loyal - lack of reverence to people who have done so much for them. I am reminded of Michael being pushed out in 2006 and it upsets me.

Ok rant over.
it is a good rant. Well said.
Ferrari has been disappointing beyond imagination for years now and with their attitude toward FA, have now reached a level of shame that I thought was not possible.

The way they treated FA this w/e is way worse than "lack of reverence"…...
Last edited by windwaves on 09 Nov 2014, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

bhall II
bhall II

Alonso is leaving the team. Drivers who are on their way out of any team play no role in the development of new parts, because you don't want the driver to take that information to his new team.

windwaves
windwaves

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Mattiacci has negotiated an extension of the freeze on engine development in 2015 from the original February deadline to a new deadline of July. This is good news for Ferrari engine development and the first big win for Ferrari's new big boss.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/43298/ ... dei-motori
Mattiacci has what ?
You really believe he did ?

Please.

windwaves
windwaves

bhall II wrote:Alonso is leaving the team. Drivers who are on their way out of any team play no role in the development of new parts, because you don't want the driver to take that information to his new team.
I understand such would be the case. However FA officially is a Ferrari driver and more importantly I was thinking more of his "treatment" in general, not so much the fact that new parts are given to KR only. You will see today in the race, Ferrari will do whatever it can to ensure KR finishes ahead of FA.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

having been employed for an Italian company for quite a while, i have learned that loyalty from your side doesnt equal loyalty from 'their' side - it's like some sort of unwritten rule; you are loyal to your italians but when you choose to leave for whatever reason, then you become seen as material that needs to go and above all, you are replaceable and the past doesnt matter because were in the present now.

expect a whole whole lot of more Alonso-Bashing coming from Italy the coming period (years perhaps), in the line of 'Alonso never gave us a championship'.

Vettel is in for a cold shower. Something tells me the 'renewed' Ferrari is a very hostile environment and that if Schuey were around and well in the paddock today, he would have advised Vettel not to go there but to head out for Mercedes instead - or Mclaren. I can see Rosberg leaving Mercedes after 2015 easily, making room for another driver. Whether Merc will be as competetive as they are now for the 2016 season leaves to be seen.

I do believe, dispite it all, Ferrari will be in a far better position in 2016 rather than now and next season.

Ferrari next year might be like Ferrari in the 90's pre-schumacher era, with Alesi and Berger. Both above average drivers, but not Senna or Prost level.

The thing is though, Vettel to Ferrari does make it interesting because it's all in or go under for Seb. Many have pointed his success solely to the Newey machines, and even though imho that's a tad unfair, there is some substance to it.
Vettel going to Ferrari will give him the chance to prove himself in a new team, (i hope) without Newey, build a foundation for himself to lean upon and then cash in the results - he'll surely be eyeing a RedBull-dominance trick version 2.0, but i seriously doubt it's achievable with the abscense of Newey's tricks.

In a remarkable twist of fate, I'm inclined to say there is more reason for excitement for Vettel heading to Ferrari rather than Fernando going to Mclaren (or a fairy tale Audi possibility).....Fernando staying however would make it much more interesting; Vettel vs Alonso.

In any way, I hope the 2015 Ferrari will be a whole lot more competitive because this years car is horrible.

And the more I see it, the more i think last years car was actually beautiful (totally offtopic but still true).
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Goran2812
Goran2812

Today's race and Ferrari Pit wall not making room for Fernando says a lot about the current state of affairs...
No way Alonso's staying there after this season...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

tonmeister
tonmeister

On Spanish TV Alonso appeared calm. He afirmed that having to battle with Raikkonen on newer tyres didn´t make a difference on his final outcome (not being able to catch Vettel and Button ahead). At any rate, the battle between FA and KR was not smart from a team point of view. If there was any chance of passing Vettel and Button, we will never know... Good points for Alonso´s next team I guess (McLaren)

max_speed
max_speed

f1316 wrote:I am kinda continuing a thought from the car thread re the suspension but it really has nothing to do with the car.

Ok rant over.
i hope this story will give you some comfort.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5074 ... _troubles/

kimi is sub standard now a days and asusual ferrari and he does not acknowledge it. he keeps saying i am getting the feeling back , but that feeling evaporates as soon as qualifying starts. Ferrari have been in mess and it was fernando that kept their pride intact on track, lets see wht vettel can do next year and i am done with raikonen.

donskar
donskar

Manoah2u wrote:having been employed for an Italian company for quite a while, i have learned that loyalty from your side doesnt equal loyalty from 'their' side - it's like some sort of unwritten rule; you are loyal to your italians but when you choose to leave for whatever reason, then you become seen as material that needs to go and above all, you are replaceable and the past doesnt matter because were in the present now.
What you say above is true, but is NOT limited to Italian companies. I have worked for South African, Indian, and US companies (and universities) and, in addition, under managers from Italy, France, and England. There is no reciprocal loyalty. What "they" wish for is subservience, a master-serf relationship.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

windwaves
windwaves

max_speed wrote:

Ok rant over.
i hope this story will give you some comfort.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5074 ... _troubles/

kimi is sub standard now a days and asusual ferrari and he does not acknowledge it. he keeps saying i am getting the feeling back , but that feeling evaporates as soon as qualifying starts. Ferrari have been in mess and it was fernando that kept their pride intact on track, lets see wht vettel can do next year and i am done with raikonen.
I am done with kimi as well. It was Ferrari's stupidest mistake!
The dude is cool and I always liked him but I think he is done as a driver in F1, he just does not seem interested any longer.

Bob Brown

SO much hate in this thread lol.
Fairweather fans, for real.

windwaves
windwaves

Bob Brown wrote:SO much hate in this thread lol.
Fairweather fans, for real.
what did you smoke ?

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Ferrari during the 1996 to 2006 years should have learned one thing...if you want to win don't do it the traditional Ferrari way... do it the 1996-2006 way...the 1996-2006 with Todt Brawn Byrne M Schumacher was not the well known Ferrari way of 1980-1996...
anyway I am not sure they learned any kind of lesson. Only exception is James Allison. I hope Vettel coming to Ferrari means Ferrari recruiting key staff from Redbull...I'd be more sure of success if Ross Brawn or someone like him led the transformation and reshuffle of the team.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent