Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
windwaves
windwaves

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

CBeck113 wrote:As far as I remember he was appointed as an interim manager, which means he's done when the time has run out...
he was not appointed as an interim manager. Not at all.

windwaves
windwaves

Unc1eM0nty wrote:Yeah I think he was always a stop gap until they could find the right person or people, he was a sales man with no racing pedigree after all, Montezemolo just needed someone he could trust.

I'm surprised they don't have a position for him elsewhere in the company, he had been successful in his previous roles.

The problem here is that the new guy has no material experience either in spite of what they (Marchionne pr) desperately try to convince us about. The two are pretty much the same type of guys. Sales people, marketers. Possibly Arrivabene has a bit more "direct" exposure to F1, but nothing materially relevant compared to Mattiacci.

I am concerned here. Something bigger happened here, I am certain about it. Too sudden. I mean, they are truly kicking Mattiacci out the door ! He is out of Ferrari ! Non sense, unless something really big forced the hands.

I can only hope that Marchionne proves once again that he knows what he is doing. Boh !

CBeck113
CBeck113

Here's an article, the first one I found: http://m.crash.net/f1/feature/203344/1/ ... ccess.html
Note the date, shortly after he was hired.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sulman
Sulman

windwaves wrote:
I am concerned here. Something bigger happened here, I am certain about it. Too sudden. I mean, they are truly kicking Mattiacci out the door ! He is out of Ferrari ! Non sense, unless something really big forced the hands.
Joe Saward (so pinch of salt and usual caveats) reported that he had allegedly been in touch with Aston Martin among others, so they probably just decided to fire him.

Loyalty counts for little at Ferrari either way. Look at Aldo Costa.

Richard
Richard

Arrivabene is well connected with the politics and money of F1. He's part of the FIA's F1 commission representing sponsors. So I expect he's been appointed to ensure close links internally with Marchionne and externally with the FIA, Bernie, other team owners et al.

I imagine they'll need to back him with a technical person immersed in how to run an F1 team.

timbo
timbo

Richard wrote:I imagine they'll need to back him with a technical person immersed in how to run an F1 team.
At the same time as Arrivabene talks began the Ross Brawn comeback was mentioned too. Arribavene/Brawn partnership can be best hope for Ferrari.

Sulman
Sulman

timbo wrote:
Richard wrote:I imagine they'll need to back him with a technical person immersed in how to run an F1 team.
At the same time as Arrivabene talks began the Ross Brawn comeback was mentioned too. Arribavene/Brawn partnership can be best hope for Ferrari.
People do need to remember how long Brawn/Byrne/Todt took, though. It began in '93 with Todt. They weren't truly competitive 'til mid '97.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

xpensive
xpensive

It seems the public is already missing Mattiacci?

"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Kiril Varbanov

MOWOG

Big deal. If they don't stop playing musical chairs with team management and figure out how to put a competitive car on track, they could have God Almighty in the driver's seat and it won't do them any good.

Hope Seb likes looking at the back end of other race cars, cuz that is all he is going to see next year and probably the year after that.

By the time his stint at Ferrari is done, people will be saying, "Seb who?" Possibly the worst career move since Juan Pablo Montoya went to NASCAR.
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

xpensive
xpensive

I recall when Montezuma was asked about the rumour of Cesare Fiorio to become TP of Ferrari, he resopnded;

"- Obviously so, while I will ask Ronaldo to drive."
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

diffuser

MOWOG wrote:Big deal. If they don't stop playing musical chairs with team management and figure out how to put a competitive car on track, they could have God Almighty in the driver's seat and it won't do them any good.

Hope Seb likes looking at the back end of other race cars, cuz that is all he is going to see next year and probably the year after that.

By the time his stint at Ferrari is done, people will be saying, "Seb who?" Possibly the worst career move since Juan Pablo Montoya went to NASCAR.

He practised this year!

windwaves
windwaves

MOWOG wrote:Big deal. If they don't stop playing musical chairs with team management and figure out how to put a competitive car on track, they could have God Almighty in the driver's seat and it won't do them any good.

There is a good chance such will be the case.

I was astonished to see a pix of the very same F14T POS at the tests in Abu Dabi. The same friggin' car with a ton of instruments on it … just so pathetic and symbolic of where things are.

I mean, is Ferrari contemplating to not have an entirely new car next season ? are they out of their mind ? The F14T is not even worth a thing as a test lab …..

George-Jung
George-Jung

windwaves wrote:

There is a good chance such will be the case.

I was astonished to see a pix of the very same F14T POS at the tests in Abu Dabi. The same friggin' car with a ton of instruments on it … just so pathetic and symbolic of where things are.

I mean, is Ferrari contemplating to not have an entirely new car next season ? are they out of their mind ? The F14T is not even worth a thing as a test lab …..
Maybe they are still checking to see if the correlation between track data and wind tunnel data is correct..?