Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

James Allen reports that besides hiring Vettel to drive for Ferrari in 2015, Mattacci also hired 40 people to Ferrari, many being Red Bull technical engineers. This is good news. One question that remains is how many people follow Fernando to McLaren?

James Allen- Sebastian Vettel Heads for Maranello/Work Begins on a Different Kind of Project

ecapox

stefan_ wrote:Sebastian Vettel's first test with Ferrari - Fiorano, Italy (29.11.2014)

That says "My first day in Ferrari" on the side of his helmet.

Harsha
Harsha

ecapox wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Sebastian Vettel's first test with Ferrari - Fiorano, Italy (29.11.2014)

http://i.imgur.com/qkU4XEM.jpg
That says "My first day in Ferrari" on the side of his helmet.
Yes, he shows how much ferrari meant for him

aleks_ader

Interesting. No of throttle blowing map on that F2012. That says something.

So they could also "record" its driving style:

-gas throttling
-brake application
-corner entry&exit speeds
-response on different setup changes
-fuel consumption...

All those things could be carried forward inside simulator and get used on next years car "sim-work".

+quicker adaptation to its new engineers, mechanics
+make new connections and friendships
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

is there any kind feedback from inside of the team about the impression Vettel made on the Fiorano engineers? I mean after the first test what they had to tell about Vettel maybe compared to Alonso or other drivers they worked with?
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

aleks_ader

mika vs michael wrote:is there any kind feedback from inside of the team about the impression Vettel made on the Fiorano engineers? I mean after the first test what they had to tell about Vettel maybe compared to Alonso or other drivers they worked with?
Yeah read Gazetta dela Sport; "http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/commen ... an_alonso/

Joke aside, no one will know, sadly. We could just draw posibble benefits from engineering point of view.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

jonaliew
jonaliew

So Kimi gets a new engineer, AS following Alonso out. SV getting Riccardo Adami from his TR days... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116999

flmkane
flmkane

In recent years, I was very impressed by Ferrari's trackside operations and race strategy.

Look how close they got to winning in 2010 and 2012.

All they needed was a fast car.

Instead these new 'suits' with no real F1 experience are shuffling EVERYTHING!

This is the TRUE beginning of the downfall of Scuderia Ferrari.

diffuser

flmkane wrote:In recent years, I was very impressed by Ferrari's trackside operations and race strategy.

How quickly we forget....They lost in 2010 because of race strategy. In the final race, covering Webber was a mistake and led to Vettel's first title.

donskar
donskar

Race Car Engineering reports that Vettel's chief mechanic has left Red Bull and suggests he may join Vettel at Ferrari.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

diffuser wrote:
flmkane wrote:In recent years, I was very impressed by Ferrari's trackside operations and race strategy.

How quickly we forget....They lost in 2010 because of race strategy. In the final race, covering Webber was a mistake and led to Vettel's first title.
I don't want to get too off topic here but this is up for discussion. Many ppl want to blame the 2010 failure to win WDC on the last race but if one looks back through the season, there are other reasons.
Jumping the start in China didn't help. Monaco FP crash didn't help. Getting caught behind SC in Valencia didn't help. Spun out in Belgium. Drive through penalty in Hungary.

There was other mistakes besides Abu Dhabi that contributed to losing the WDC.

diffuser

Dude! if there is 2 seconds left, you just called a time out, you're on the 20, you're down by 2 and all you have to do is kick the ball through the uprights to win. if you call a trick play to have the holder pass the ball and they don't make the completion. Only person to blame is the guy who called the play.

You could blame it on a drop pass in the first Q, a fumble in the 2nd Q. The truth was you were right there, had a chance to win, at the lip of the crease and the play caller choked. Over thought it.

Brutal to watch that race ... I remember screaming at the TV ...WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!

Jano11
Jano11

diffuser wrote:Dude! if there is 2 seconds left, you just called a time out, you're on the 20, you're down by 2 and all you have to do is kick the ball through the uprights to win. if you call a trick play to have the holder pass the ball and they don't make the completion. Only person to blame is the guy who called the play.

You could blame it on a drop pass in the first Q, a fumble in the 2nd Q. The truth was you were right there, had a chance to win, at the lip of the crease and the play caller choked. Over thought it.

Brutal to watch that race ... I remember screaming at the TV ...WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!
You didn't understand his point on the 2010 season, so why comment at all?

Kiril Varbanov

Harsha
Harsha

Kiril Varbanov wrote:An interesting read - http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/wh ... as-failed/
A lot of similarities but now the biggest difference is the restrictions in place compared to 1990's