Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

A nice touch that many people probably missed - Sebastian had a white helmet at his first test with Ferrari to resemble the white overalls Michael wore when he tested for the first time with Ferrari.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

gray41

Is that a fact or something you picked up on?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

stefan_
stefan_

Just my thought, as I know Sebastian is a big admirer of MSC and I think it's more than a coincidence in picking the white helmet.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

George-Jung
George-Jung

stefan_ wrote:A nice touch that many people probably missed - Sebastian had a white helmet at his first test with Ferrari to resemble the white overalls Michael wore when he tested for the first time with Ferrari.

http://i.imgur.com/fz6FfFK.jpg
Although I agree with you that this probably the reason for his white helmet; but you should bring it as your opinion and not as fact.

I do like the white/red helmet btw..

Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

George-Jung wrote:
stefan_ wrote:A nice touch that many people probably missed - Sebastian had a white helmet at his first test with Ferrari to resemble the white overalls Michael wore when he tested for the first time with Ferrari.

Although I agree with you that this probably the reason for his white helmet; but you should bring it as your opinion and not as fact.

Since when what we post here should be exclusively based on proven facts ? The majority of user's post here is about personal opinion...

I'm getting fed up with this Vettel-thing. He and the team absolutely fantasize on recreating the Schumi era..
Why not just focus on present,on present history, present circumstances, present difficulties experienced by the team... and present environment ? The unique solution for Ferrari to be succesfull again is to copy/paste what has been achieved 20 years ago under different regs,with different technology different circumstances around the team under a very different political and technical management ?? Come on it's just an illusion !!
They can be inspired by what has been done but not try to copy it at any cost. The "dream team" back then had "balls" they wrote their own page of history with clear goals in mind and not try to copy something that worked before.
Why can't the present Ferrari try to win in their own way ? Stop being so "romantic" and be who you are and invent something from yourself, find your own solutions.
Seb says he is "living the dream"... he'd rather CREATE his dream, otherwise it will soon turn to nightmare

giantfan10
giantfan10

Kiril Varbanov wrote:An interesting read - http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/wh ... as-failed/
best read i have had in a while ...if true it explains EVERYTHING i questioned about Alonso leaving Ferrari and in my opinion Ferrari did the right thing by standing their ground...

diffuser

Forza Ferrari wrote:...
Dude...Chill!

They want everyone to forget the realities of the 2014 season and focus on a fairytale. I get that.
I think that Ferrari Fans REALLY liked Fernando... he spoke the language. So they're gonna play up Vettel to make people try and forget Fernando. In a matter of 2 years they went from 2 drivers speaking Italian to none. That doesn't matter to me but i bet it does to alot of Tifosi.

James Allison and his peeps are working hard, They'll have a better car, nowhere good enough, but they'll have a better car. Obviously Vettel is a good enough to win with the right car.

It's all SPIN.

The can fantasize now, in March they'll sober up!

Not sure about you but I'll be rooting for a guy wearing a Classic blue patch on his Helmet on a mirror coloured car with the number 14 on the front. He might be in front of the red car or he might be behind. One thing I believe to be true, nobody alive can make it go faster.

diffuser

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:James Allen reports that besides hiring Vettel to drive for Ferrari in 2015, Mattacci also hired 40 people to Ferrari, many being Red Bull technical engineers. This is good news. One question that remains is how many people follow Fernando to McLaren?

James Allen- Sebastian Vettel Heads for Maranello/Work Begins on a Different Kind of Project

Isn't it odd that they sh*t canned him from Fiat all together? Almost as if they were looking for a patsy after the SD left. I didn't hear that Mattacci got 27M Euro with his walking papers like LdM did either. Brutal.

Thunder

I've heard rumours before, now this. Any thoughts on how likely that would be?
https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/540424015610122240
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Hail22

Thunders wrote:I've heard rumours before, now this. Any thoughts on how likely that would be?

https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/540424015610122240
Well for all intensive purposes he may be part of the few who may be culled in order for the team to move forward with a "new" outlook, although that'd mean Pat Fry is on the nose as well...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

George-Jung
George-Jung

Forza Ferrari wrote:
George-Jung wrote:

Since when what we post here should be exclusively based on proven facts ? The majority of user's post here is about personal opinion...
Than you do not understand what I meant; of course not everything needs to be based on proven facts.. but than do not write it up as a proven fact...

Because in this example over here:
"Sebastian had a white helmet at his first test with Ferrari to resemble the white overalls Michael wore when he tested for the first time with Ferrari."

It is not a fact that he really wanted to resemble Michael.. Stefan thinks it.. :wink:

But enough said!

Richard
Richard

Vettel's helemt is plain white, Schumacher's has a blue cap, white stripe then red at the visor. So would you say that was in honour of Gerhard Berger & Jean Alesi?

... of course the fact that this colour combination matches the logo of the main sponsor is entirely conincidental. :?

More likely is that Vettel's Ferarri sponsors can't be announced until the new season, so that's why he has a plain helmet.

I'm surprised he's been allowed to join Ferrari so soon, normally drivers don't even get a seat fitting until after their previous contract expires on 31 Dec.

Harsha
Harsha

Richard wrote: I'm surprised he's been allowed to join Ferrari so soon, normally drivers don't even get a seat fitting until after their previous contract expires on 31 Dec.
I think i read Vettel's contract has expired 5 days after 2014 season.

munudeges
munudeges

diffuser wrote:Alonzo is also quoted here http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport ... 86171.html complaining about the F14T for having poor front end grip, amoung other things.

So they didn't design it that way for him.
Really? Wow. Did he not notice this before, because it appears it is his [former] team mate is the only one doing anything about it?

diffuser

munudeges wrote:
diffuser wrote:Alonzo is also quoted here http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport ... 86171.html complaining about the F14T for having poor front end grip, amoung other things.

So they didn't design it that way for him.
Really? Wow. Did he not notice this before, because it appears it is his [former] team mate is the only one doing anything about it?

Not sure what you mean by that.

If you mean he wasn't complaining about it in the technical meetings ...I'm not sure you can say that. All I've ever read from Kimi all year is that both he had Alonzo had the similar feedback about the car.

if you're suggesting that Kimi was redesigning some part of the car to suite his needs ...aaa NO.