Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: Ferrari F14T

That aggresive and nervous engine torque will be a factor at the start of the race? I'm speaking about bigger wheel spin compared to the cars around him?

mikeerfol

mclaren_mircea wrote:That aggresive and nervous engine torque will be a factor at the start of the race? I'm speaking about bigger wheel spin compared to the cars around him?
You really worry about him passing Magnussen off the line huh? :lol:

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

mikeerfol wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:That aggresive and nervous engine torque will be a factor at the start of the race? I'm speaking about bigger wheel spin compared to the cars around him?
You really worry about him passing Magnussen off the line huh? :lol:
Yes, you caught me :lol:

zioture
zioture

I noticed this,
It seems an odd shaped hole

munudeges
munudeges

max_speed wrote:we have seen enough in last few years and fanboyism cnt overcome reality of f14T
No, I'm afraid the car just isn't good enough. You have to be slightly careful because Melbourne is an odd circuit, but 1.5 seconds in qualifying is a long way. What's even worse is that the long-run pace from practice one and two clearly favours everyone but Ferrari.

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT FERRARI IS 1 POINT 5 SECONDS DOWN ON PACE TO MERCEDES?!!!
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

scuderiafan

MarkedOne8 wrote:WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT FERRARI IS 1 POINT 5 SECONDS DOWN ON PACE TO MERCEDES?!!!
In qualifying. Alonso was 5th fastest, 1.5 seconds off of Hamilton's pole time.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

charlex

Re: R: Ferrari F14T

munudeges wrote:
max_speed wrote:we have seen enough in last few years and fanboyism cnt overcome reality of f14T
No, I'm afraid the car just isn't good enough. You have to be slightly careful because Melbourne is an odd circuit, but 1.5 seconds in qualifying is a long way. What's even worse is that the long-run pace from practice one and two clearly favours everyone but Ferrari.
man...rain + 1 lap lost + 1st race + Melbourne track = keep calm & wait

PlatinumZealot

munudeges wrote:
No no no... my friend the actual dry weather pace of Ferrari when you take out traffic and other things.. is about 0.5 to 0.7 seconds of the pace. Keep in mind that it is not all about raw pace this time around. Because the Battery cannot be charged in the pits out laps are very very costly this year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vanja #66

scuderiafan wrote: In qualifying. Alonso was 5th fastest, 1.5 seconds off of Hamilton's pole time.
This is brilliant... So, based on this qualy session - Vettel is way slower than Dani?

Also, he was on a faster lap when he gave up, since he couldn't have jumped Rosberg and to risk it just for one position isn't really worth it...

I hope this was just a simple answer to MO8, simply stating one source (however realistically worthless it is) of information, without opening a debate of its usefulness or implying that its one and only credible relative-car-speed comparison parameter...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

warwick
warwick

ringo wrote:I wouldn't use kimi's crash to support the idea that the car is bad. I just think that he's not adapting well, and that he's not undertstanding all the settings in the cars. Alonso is doing a much better job of grasping everything. Maybe ferrari should have went with a more tech savvy driver, maybe bianchi.
But the car is powerful and reliable, it should put in some strong races.
Uh...
Failing to pay attention in a car you are not comfortable with, while "playing with buttons" due the request from the pitwall is one thing. But saying they'd be better off with more "tech savvy" driver is a bit too far don't you think?
Or was it that the name of the driver in question is wrong for you, had that happened to any other driver you would say the same?

No one can't say about the reliability yet, as there has been no real test for it. Melbourne isn't exactly a good reference of general pace of the car either.

erikejw
erikejw

Aero on nose

Ferraris aero design around the nose should suck air around it and beneath to get high airflow beneath the car.
That instead of a high nose from last years.

I am concearned that that design might look great on paper and in the wind tunnel with airflow straight on but
that the flow will be unstable in high speed corners. That due to different angles of the flow, the vector will change and create turbulence at times instead.

Any views on this?

zioture
zioture

Ferrari f14t Naked

timbo
timbo

Re: Aero on nose

erikejw wrote:Ferraris aero design around the nose should suck air around it and beneath to get high airflow beneath the car.
That instead of a high nose from last years.

I am concearned that that design might look great on paper and in the wind tunnel with airflow straight on but
that the flow will be unstable in high speed corners. That due to different angles of the flow, the vector will change and create turbulence at times instead.

Any views on this?
If you compare this to other possible solutions, i.e. p-nose or double tusk, the low nose should be more predictable.

munudeges
munudeges

The long run pace in practice one and two spoke for itself. Alonso lapped in the 1:35s in a ten lap run with one lap in the mid-1:34s with single lap speed being somewhat comparable, so you would have expected qualifying to be somewhat more favourable.

The long run speed just isn't there and there are many teams who look better.