Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SectorOne

Re: Ferrari F14T

ecapox wrote:-in wash front wing
There´s no inwash front wing on the Ferrari.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

Same thought occurred to me... Shape of the nose isn't at all that abrupt, and it's very rounded, so it makes sense...

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Mr.G

enz0 wrote:Just realized that perhaps the intakes might be even smaller than the f138 had, pretty amazing in my view, I think Ferrari has reasons for that nose, we might not know it yet, but that concept could be worth a second or 2 in a lap [-o<
They say, they need to make bigger cooling inlets...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Anon123
Anon123

I feel sorry for the Ferrari fans, the ugliest nose so far. The nose designs have varied greatly so perhaps they'll find a more attractive solution before the season gets underway.

Crabbia
Crabbia

gold333 wrote:Anyone else realise this is easily the ugliest F1 car of all time?
Sadly agree
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

dren

That is not an inwash front wing. The black color under the nose step makes it look worse than it is.
Honda!

Mr.G

Anon123 wrote:I feel sorry for the Ferrari fans, the ugliest nose so far. The nose designs have varied greatly so perhaps they'll find a more attractive solution before the season gets underway.
I don't know, still better than hanging phallus :lol:
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

rssh

Damn that a smart looking car, it looks way better than the others launched till now (except FI who havn't given nose pic) but its puzzling as to how the underbody air flow will be better/conditioned (i mean most vol of air directed) than others (Maybe this is Launch spec wing). The side pods are definitely tighter than F138 =D> .

Mr.G

Re: Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

Vanja #66 wrote:
Same thought occurred to me... Shape of the nose isn't at all that abrupt, and it's very rounded, so it makes sense...

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r72 ... 0ac4c1.jpg
It's even more obvious from this picture - http://i.imgur.com/ZbwBJ3a.jpg

henra
henra

SectorOne wrote:
But I'm quite sure there will.
If this nose remains.

PhillipM
PhillipM

henra wrote:
SectorOne wrote:
But I'm quite sure there will.
If this nose remains.
Looking at the rest of the car, I'd say it's still outwash.

Cuky

Maybe I am a bit subjective as I am a Ferrari fan, but I like it. It is strange, yes, but that doesn't make it ugly. Over the past few years they always tried to copy others in their designs (rear pull-rod, coanda exhaust, high flat nose,...) so I am happy that hey finally came up with something on their own. Last time one team did that (RB) they went on to win 4 straight titles with just a few refinements each year. And last time Ferrari went on with new different things they won 6 Constructors and 5 drivers titles in a row

Mr.G

One more think - It's just my feeling but I think RBR will go this same way :)

SectorOne

Rather interesting cokebottle and a bar of some sorts.
How the hell is air going at 250km/h supposed to stay attached around that corner?
(i know the car is the moving object but it´s the same thing)

Last edited by SectorOne on 25 Jan 2014, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Tommi870
Tommi870

If only they had sticked to the original 2014 rules proposed in 09.

Enze Ferrari must be rolling ove rin his grave :? :?