Is it possible to buy an old formula 1 car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1freak
F1freak

Is it possible to buy an old formula 1 car?

I was just curious if they ever offer up an older model formula 1 car for sale - say like a 1995 Williams Renault. If so where and what would the requirements be to be able to buy one?

arisen
arisen

Check this link for Arrows F1 auction:
http://www.dovebid.com/Auctions/Auction ... ionID=2077

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Humm...if you have the money...you can buy one! :P

felipezsc
felipezsc

im wondering where did you find this site and if there are any other sites that sell f1 cars...new old...it doesnt matter to me.

thanks,
felipe

arisen
arisen

I got this link from a gaming forum: High Gear, but I seem to remember the Prost team was auctioned too, I think this kinda stuff just pops up in the F1 news...

Steven
Owner

Rumour has it that Minardi already has bought some A23 chassis'. The cars have recently been taken off the auction list, which would implicate that the A23's have been sold prior to going to auction. If this rumour is true, then it will be very interesting to see what Minardi intends to do with those chassis. The most likely story is that Minardi will use some vital parts of the A23, to integrate with their PS03’s, like the gearbox and rear suspension. Less likely - but then again: everything is possible with Paul Stoddart at the helm – would be that the A23’s will be treated with a black-white-red-green paint job, to replace the struggling PS03’s in the very near future!

deano
deano

Yeah, but can you imagine the cost to run it?

How much would it cost to own 2-3 year old F1 car and run it a few times a year on the track?

Warmandog
Warmandog

F1 cars for sale

arisen wrote:I got this link from a gaming forum: High Gear, but I seem to remember the Prost team was auctioned too, I think this kinda stuff just pops up in the F1 news...
Hi all here's a site where you can find f1 cars for sale
http://www.f1-sales.com
that will help

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well 2-3 year old....about....A LOT.....cars that new you have to sign a written contractwith the team saying that you won't race the car or use it for publicity and you can't change the livery.....this happens with a couple of teams.....but....there are exceptions!

ced ampo
ced ampo

Re: Is it possible to buy an old formula 1 car?

Yes.You can normally buy these things in auctions.I also red in a magazine that when Ferrari auctioned a f2004 (it's the f1 car they used in 2004)they still kept it in maranello(it is their base) to prevent any f1 teams copying it and saying that it is an off the shelf technology so even if you buy these things you don't normally simply bring it in your home garage .

jamsbong
jamsbong

You have to be rich to buy it. The King of Brunei for example has a few F1 cars from the 90s.

xpensive
xpensive

I am sure there's a few BAR/Hondas at Brackley that will come at a very reasonable price these days.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Saribro
Saribro

Getting a complete car might not be so straightforward, but getting parts shouldn't be too difficult. For example, Richard Hammond has a Super Aguri rear wing (as seen on Top Gear). I know there's a Lola Porsche LMP on eBay at the moment ($175k, http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB ... 3FViewItem ), so this sort of stuff does surface occasionally.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

This is nice site. Some F1 but loads of other stuff too.
Dream away.....

http://www.carclassic.com/racetype.asp? ... F+Indy+Car

Tom Castellani

This thread was started in 2003 but it's still very valid.

http://www.f1technical.net/features/8784 A great opportunity to shamelessly plug my recent article on the matter :D
The road to success is 20,832 meters long...