Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Haas - American team in F1

By his comments, Kevin gives me the impression of boasting that he can find a team on his own without Mclaren. I take it he and Jan have been negotiating on their own, artfully eluding Uncle Ron's watchful eye.

I find this Magnussen insubordination and lack of faith disturbing.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

iotar__

PlatinumZealot wrote:By his comments, Kevin gives me the impression of boasting that he can find a team on his own without Mclaren. I take it he and Jan have been negotiating on their own, artfully eluding Uncle Ron's watchful eye.

I find this Magnussen insubordination and lack of faith disturbing.
No, it's just reality, they have three drivers for one seat and different forces at play (Dennis, other McL owners, Honda(?)). No wonder he's looking at options like Haas.

BTW Magnussen is really taking this publicity part seriously, now he even broke his hand to stay in the headlines ;-).

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

I belong to those who find i highly unlikely that this team will materialize less than six months from now.

ME4ME

Sixbarboost wrote:I belong to those who find i highly unlikely that this team will materialize less than six months from now.
Why is that? We hear all the right stories coming from Haas. There is nothing more they can show us at the moment.

natehall
natehall

ME4ME wrote:
Sixbarboost wrote:I belong to those who find i highly unlikely that this team will materialize less than six months from now.
Why is that? We hear all the right stories coming from Haas. There is nothing more they can show us at the moment.

With 6 months to go, if I recall correctley we were hearing all the right stories from USF1..

Look where that got us.

every entrant in F1, Until there car materialises at a Test / Race will be doubted because of the simply massive startup costs and processess that need to be put into place to run a team in F1

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Yes, but USF1 were building from scratch, and Haas are building just a percentage of the car, with some expertise and parts coming from Ferrari. They've got just a fraction of the work that USF1 would have had.

ME4ME

Indeed. Also they have taken proper time; instead of rushing to join 2015, they took the wise decision to delay and do things right in 2016.

By the way, today's article on the subject :)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120834

PlatinumZealot

Manhaou is that you?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

And Haas now get Rossi into a race seat at Manor...

kptaylor
kptaylor

I have to figure Rossi brings some $$ to the table. Merhi's comments about understanding it's the "best for the team" makes it sound that way. Besides, Merhi paid for what, 1-2 races and he's been in the car all season?

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

kptaylor wrote:I have to figure Rossi brings some $$ to the table. Merhi's comments about understanding it's the "best for the team" makes it sound that way. Besides, Merhi paid for what, 1-2 races and he's been in the car all season?
I don't think Merhi was paying for his seat was he? I got the impression at the start of the year that he was signed until Spain without needing to bring funds.

Sniffit

ChrisF1 wrote:
kptaylor wrote:I have to figure Rossi brings some $$ to the table. Merhi's comments about understanding it's the "best for the team" makes it sound that way. Besides, Merhi paid for what, 1-2 races and he's been in the car all season?
I don't think Merhi was paying for his seat was he? I got the impression at the start of the year that he was signed until Spain without needing to bring funds.
Ofcourse he paid for the seat. A team like Manor wouldn't bring in a non paying driver when others are lined up with their checkbooks ready.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Sniffit wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:I don't think Merhi was paying for his seat was he? I got the impression at the start of the year that he was signed until Spain without needing to bring funds.
Ofcourse he paid for the seat. A team like Manor wouldn't bring in a non paying driver when others are lined up with their checkbooks ready.
Think of the following how you choose then:
Manor is heading into the Monaco Grand Prix with an unchanged driver lineup.

There has been speculation that, as Roberto Merhi does not bring significant sponsorship, his race-by-race deal with the former Marussia team could end now.

The 24-year-old rookie remains committed to his Formula Renault 3.5 team Pons, and this weekend in Monaco, the series’ latest race clashes with F1 on the very same famous street circuit.

Marca, the Spanish sports daily, reports that so far in 2015, Manor has given priority to its paying driver Will Stevens when it comes to “parts and strategy”.

Spaniard Merhi, on the other hand, is paid mainly in the form of his airfares and hotels, Marca claimed.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

ChrisF1 wrote:
Sniffit wrote:
Merhi hadn't paid a penny all season to Manor. John Booth publicly stated that he fought to get Merhi a seat rather than a second pay driver as he knows and trusts him so well.

Merhi was paying his own travel & accommodation expenses to get to races until recently, and was the only paid driver in FR3.5 for Pons.

As for Rossi, Haas has been funding him for the past 12 months since he left Caterham.

Sniffit

I stand corrected. thanks for the quote ChrisF1.
Neverthought they would make such a decision when in the situation they are.