F1,Champ Car or IRl...which is more exiciting?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ranger
ranger

F1,Champ Car or IRl...which is more exiciting?

I would like to ask F1,Champ Car or IRL is more exiciting?...Maybe IRL and F1...or another answer is all. :lol: Let me make an simple exlaination,F1..runs on flat tracks,Champ Car on roads,tracks and ovals,IRL runs on ovals only..so which is more exciting?
You never know what's going to happen. - Daniel

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's a personal choice for the individual. We are all different, and there are different things that turn our cranks. For some, it's the excitment of stock car racing with 43 cars running nose to nose and fender to fender for 500 miles. For others it's the high speed ballet of formula road racing, where drivers and cars dance with each other and the track in a dazzling display of talent and precision.
I've watched a lot of all, CART, IRL, NASCAR, and F1. I believe I was able to view every race of every major series of last season. Each series has had it's exciting moments, accidents, and in some races, boring...
But if I had to choose just one series to watch, it would be F1.

jezzwa

Anything with oval racing in it = YAWN
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

ketanpaul

I would say f1 is the best as it is not only the racing that is awesome but the drama, lifestyle and money surrounding it.

ranger
ranger

ketanpaul say no to alchohol...have you been drunk?...F1 is like buisness...one Quote: no Money, no Talk
You never know what's going to happen. - Daniel

ketanpaul

dunno man but look at this: have you ever seen any motorsport where there are atleast 4-5 news articles per day even during off season? my point is that there is so much stuff happening in f1 every minute that it is hard for any other motorsport to compete with it

Scuderia_Russ

ranger wrote:ketanpaul say no to alchohol...have you been drunk?
Pot.....kettle.

Tom

Anything with oval racing in it = YAWN
The only exciting oval racing in my opinion is the ASCAR (he he, ass-car)
racing in Britain and Germany.

It is the same as NASCAR, except it only visits two circuits and there is far more action in terms of crashes, presumably because the drivers, only having to remember two circuits push harder and sometimes go over the limit.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I've been able to see some of the ASCAR racing staged in Birmingham. It is very similar to something we have here in Canada, called (yup, you guessed it) CASCAR. They even have a few road races in the calender.

jgredline

By far and away F1 is the way to go, but back in the 80's and early to mid 90's CART gave F1 a run for the money. So much so that F1 would not run on tracks where CART cars ran in the same year for fear of the CART cars actually being quicker.
To finish first, first you must finish.

MIB
MIB

The best races you can see are in touring car championships.
MIB

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

For me, close, competitive, hard racing is what turns my crank. As long as it's reasonably sane, clean, and safe, I like it. There is nothing like two, three, or more vehicles dancing on the ragged edge, inches from each other, battling with every effort yo pass and win.
I've seen great races in NASCAR, F1, touring cars, formula vees, motocross, and even minis to name just a few.
Some series do create this situation artificially. NASCAR regularly throws the caution to bunch the pack up, and get back to close racing. IRL's rules have a situation where we have open wheel cars battling each other side by side for lap after lap. To be honest, it scares the crap out of me. And of course touring cars, be it german, or Aussie V-8's, or BTCC, they run close, hard and put on a heck of a great show