Williams is back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
williams rule
williams rule

Williams is back

Hello everybody,

I'm a Williams fan and I beleive this year they'll be back stronger than ever. I can see a few Webber podiums and maybe a couple of vitories. THey're hungry for success and Frank is back on the ball.

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Cheers!

Scuderia_Russ

I hope they do well this year but I believe the unknown quantity will be their Bridgestone tyres.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

emburmak
emburmak

Williams are one of the 'grandee' teams and I for one hope they get back to the sharp end of the grid! 8)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'm a huge fan of Sir Frank, and I would like nothing better than for his drivers and team to enjoy wins. On so many different levels, this would be a fantastic thing.

RH1300S
RH1300S

It would be great to see, but right now does not look likely.........shame.

On the bright side: The cossie looks good, they have two good race drivers AND Alex Wurz doing the duties on Friday (I reckon he could be worth a lot in the season).

Perhaps all they need is for the Bridgstones to start working away from winter testing temperatures.

manchild
manchild

Hear, hear!

Principessa

manchild wrote:Hear, hear!

You're not longer alone manchild :P

Tom

The cossie is the perfect V8, I reakon Roseburg is a future champion, but I think Webber could be the weak link.
He is not consistantly fast and I sometimes wonder if he's only there for the ozzy sponsors.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

zac510
zac510

What aussie sponsors?

Tom

Not nessiceraly on the cars but for photo shoots and stuff.

With Karthikeyan last year there may have been a couple on the car but many more on his overalls and so on.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

zac510
zac510

hmm those sponsors don't have enough clout to choose a driver. I can really only think of Allianz as having done Williams sponsorship work in Aus lately. They are an international company.

I'm sure Mark is there on merit but he should have done better last year.

Tom

Perhaps.
We'll see, 2morrow.
Bwah hahahaha.

No, seriously I don't rate him high.

jgredline

I would love to see williams do well.
privateeer team, privateer engine. :D
If monty can't win, then lets go for rosbergh
To finish first, first you must finish.

ginsu
ginsu

Gosh, I hate marmite too. This pic is hilarious.
I love to love Senna.