Team Dubai F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Team Dubai F1

Whatever happen to Team Dubai, they were suppose to enter F1 this year or next year, but I have not heard any news about them for a year, they were suppose to get support from mercedes-benz and mclaren.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

greenpower dude reloaded

From what i understand the Dubai F1 team has been axed so to speak i imagine one day they'll get it together but at the moment i belive DPR Direxiv are preparing to make the leap from GP2 to F1 with the Support of Mclaren & Mercedes within the next couple of yearsi would have thought it would have been in '08 but hu knos they cld do an Aguri lol

axle
axle

Did the Sheikh in charge not die?? Or was that the A1GP Sheikh that died?? Or is/was that the same one?
- Axle

ketanpaul

I am pretty sure Team Dubai is on the horizon. It is pretty clear that Ron wants a McLaren B Team and he has promised Lewis Hamilton (GP2 driver) that he is gonna give him a seat in F1 but not in the current McLaren team. It is also rumoured that Sauber actually approached Ron to let them have Hamilton as their third driver to which Ron clearly refused, only then Kubica was given the seat. So I do think the team is about to enter F1, maybe in 08 when the cost cutting resolutions come into place

acer

Mad Max always care about money...money money.....what's the big deal giving away the money,like what i hate : Ferrari gets the most money from FIA..not fair..Minardi get the least and no wonder they go bankrurpt :x
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

m3_lover

The television revenue is split evenly between the teams and minardi did not go bankrupt, acer buddy you got to check your facts with your posts, and most of your posts do no contribute much, give this forum quality not quantity
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

acer

***near bankrurpt***
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

Spencifer_Murphy

You guys sure Dubai going to launch a F1 team?
Acer man, whats up with you? Almost every post of yours is followed by a septical :roll: , as if to say "I know best".

For your information the Team Dubai F1 story is VERY old news, hence why m3_lover started the post. They were going to start an F1 team, possibily in conjuction with the Mclaren team, sort of like a Mclaren "B-Team", very similar in essence to Super Aguri & Honda's relationship. Like I said this was a long time ago, possibly 2years now, back when dubai were also interested in hosting a GP.

So to answer your question; No we are not sure that they will launch an F1 team, thats the whole piont in this topic, we are wondering why they havent done so after such a long time.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

taleed

Aren'y Mercedes-Benz and Mclaren the same company???

Spencifer_Murphy

No but they participate in F1 as the same team.

In F1 you (usually) have a Constructor (the company who build the chassis) and an engine supplier (who build the engines, and sometimes the gearbox etc.)

In the case of Mclaren, the company Mclaren construct the chassis and then the company Mercedes make the engine for that car.

This year we have a lot of manufactuer teams, In the case of these teams - Renault, Ferrari, Honda, Toyota & BMW - they build BOTH the chassis and engine.

But usually its seperate, like Mclaren Mercedes, or Williams Cosworth.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

m3_lover

I remember the story last year, that Hyundai was going to be in F1, with David Richards being Team Prinicpal (constructors prodrive?) I wonder if they will come in 2008 with hyundai backing them up?

West
West

Mercedes owns 40 percent of McLaren I believe. Thirty percent each is owned by Ron Dennis and Mansour Ojjeh. I heard Mercedes would have bought the team outright if the McLaren SLR wasn't such a "bomb."
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

m3_lover

I was reading that Ron Dennis is now considering selling his whole share of MClaren Inc before the 2008 rules come into effect