who are the 22 teams??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
greenpower dude reloaded

who are the 22 teams??

I just read on another site that 22 teams have all submitted an entry but apart from the obvious (including Prodrive&Minardi) who are they all?

ketanpaul

Well I dont think there are 22 new team proposals. The possible are the following -

1. Stoddy - Minardi
2. David Richards - Prodrive
3. Misato Haga - Possible McLaren B Team
4. Roger Penske - Penske Racing
5. Craig Pollock (Still in talks)
6. Our very own Schumi (Quite possible according to Eddie Jordan)

Thats all I know, Let me know if there are other possibilities......

manchild
manchild

That was a typo for sure.

JimmyK
JimmyK

I just read on another site that 22 teams have all submitted an entry but apart from the obvious (including Prodrive&Minardi) who are they all?
That was a typo for sure.
I thought so too (thought it meant '2' teams), but no, it's correct, just that you understood it wrong, it meant 22 teams in total, that is, including the 11 teams before Minardi that signed up.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35448

joseff

Maybe a couple of teams from GP2? Maybe even manufacturers? I'm thinking Hyundai and VW/Audi/Lamborghini. What about bike/car racing teams like Pons? Old hands like Craig Pollock/Eddie Jordan? Roger Penske definitely has the money and know-how.

Equipe Taureau Rouge, anyone? :P

chepoi
chepoi

is it possible that LOTUS also submit their application form????

if LOTUS apply.... do they will one of the good contender for the championship??

Scuderia_Russ

If Lotus return to Grand Prix racing I'll eat hay with a donkey!

Sawtooth-spike

join you on the hay, Lotus can just afford to stay in business.

so is it 22 or 2?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

the 11 manufacturers
For sure
1)Honda
2)Renault
3)Ferrari
4) Mercedes
5)Red Bull
6)BMW
7)Toyota
8)STR
9)Super Aguri
10)Williams
11)Midland

Maybe's
12)David Richards
13)Roger Penske
14)Paul Stoddart
15)Eddie Irvine

Rumours
16)Hyundai
17)Audi
18)Team Dubai/Mclaren B Team
19)Eddie Jordan (he said he would like to come back)
20)
21)
22)

The rest I dont know
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

I don't think things are all that bad, on the contrary the company is pretty healthy. Racing wise they run in some GT series, and still produce fantastic handling cars and engineering consultancy services.

F1racer
F1racer

Craig Pollock maybe?

m3_lover

Yes I read craig Pollock is rumoured to be one and this tidbit here too

The FIA statement went on to say that all applicants will be invited to a meeting with the FIA on April 10th.

so maybe we will know all the entrants on april 10th. :)

Also for that last spot, I wonder how much of a bribe you will have to offer bernie to get it?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Lotus the car manufacturer probably won't try.

But Team Lotus which is an independent company owned by David Hunt, probably has signed. They've been trying since 97 to return to F1....

David bought the team in October 94 before closing...but still has the comercial rights of Team Lotus! So though they don't have any staff...the team theoretically still exists!

dumrick
dumrick

With all those applications, I'm only sad for the FIA to only allow 24 spots on the grid. Back in the days, F1 was made with 26 cars at the start + pre-qualifiers!
Why not two series of F1, a main one and another with the other teams? In the end of the year, the best could escalate to the main series and the others would go down to a B-championship. That would, at my eyes, make more sense than Max's proposal for a similar thing between F1 and GP2. We could be sure that all teams would have the means to make an F1 contender!

kkobayash

m3_lover wrote:the 11 manufacturers

Maybe's
12)David Richards
13)Roger Penske
14)Paul Stoddart
15)Eddie Irvine

Rumours
16)Hyundai
17)Audi
18)Team Dubai/Mclaren B Team
19)Eddie Jordan (he said he would like to come back)
20)
21)
22)

The rest I dont know
I also remember Gerhard Berger wanting his own team...doesnt he own 50% of STR now??
And Misato Haga with the McLaren B-team/Direxiv.
Nother not mentioned in thread (mayb i didnt see) is Schumi VW iv heard...