who are the 22 teams??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zac510
zac510

You guys are just rattling off a few names with money.

Personally, I think entities more likely to join are some with established European facilities and brains trusts like Sportscar (LMS), FIA GT or GP2 teams.

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

Lotus... since they were in F1 in 94, do they have to pay that 50,000,000$ retainer that Aguri did?

fwa2500

the only ones there ive heard about (aside from the current ones) are ProDrive and maybe one of the GP2 teams jumping up........should be interesting......

audi sure would be a good bet though, with the success theve been having with the R8 and R10, they definatly have the tech know-how.....oh, ever seen an LMP with the front bodywork off? notice how similar it looks to an F1 car? :roll:

manchild
manchild

Monstro is right, GP team Lotus and Lotus car manufacturer are not owned by same owners.

Having in mind that it was Max who said that they are in talks with 22 teams than I find that as nothing more than bragging. When I see list of 22 teams I'll believe it.

jaslfc
jaslfc

the list is goin to be releases soon in the next few weeks (i think). Btw lotus the car manufacturer is owned by proton. Proton seems to be having financial difficulties and i dont think they will be in f1.
but there is a twist. VW was in talks of buying a controling stake in proton.. who knows!!!! lotus may be on the grid!!!

manchild
manchild

Lotus car manufacturer can't enter F1 unless they or whoever owns them doesn't buy Lotus GP team because that name is already reseved.

Scuderia_Russ

fwa2500 wrote: audi sure would be a good bet though, with the success theve been having with the R8 and R10, they definatly have the tech know-how.....oh, ever seen an LMP with the front bodywork off? notice how similar it looks to an F1 car? :roll:
With this sort of success in other categories will there be any need to do F1?
Manchild wrote: Lotus car manufacturer can't enter F1 unless they or whoever owns them doesn't buy Lotus GP team because that name is already reseved.
If the Lotus name does return to G.P. racing then I hope it's done right.

manchild
manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:If the Lotus name does return to G.P. racing then I hope it's done right.
I agree. It must be done right all the way or better not done at all.

vyselegend

Also there are persistent rumours about Jean Alesi with direxiv. And trully I don't think Jean will perform anything good in DTM this year with the 2005 car so it's probably time for him to start business. But neither Ron Dennis or Norbert Haug actually reported anything positive about a Mc Laren (or Mercedes) B-team.

dumrick
dumrick

zac510 wrote:You guys are just rattling off a few names with money.
Actually, the Penske name was actually referred some months ago by Mosley himself, I think... that would also seem to me a fantastic comeback in F1, after so many decades...

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

captainmorgan wrote:Lotus... since they were in F1 in 94, do they have to pay that 50,000,000$ retainer that Aguri did?
The $48 million dollar entry fee that is given back to the team during their first year in F1....has disappeared! Starting 2008 no-one who enters F1 will have to pay it!

m3_lover

Maybe's
12)David Richards
13)Roger Penske
14)Paul Stoddart
15)Eddie Irvine

Rumours
16)Hyundai
17)Audi
18)Team Dubai/Mclaren B Team
19)Eddie Jordan (he said he would like to come back)
20)
21)
22)
Actually Roger Penske has admitted he did not lodge a fia entry.
The other teams that I have found that could be are

13)Racing Engineering
16)DPR Direxiv
17)BCN Competicion
18)ART Grand Prix
19)Arden International,
20)DAMS,
21)Carlin Motorsport,
22)FMS International
23) Piquet Sports

I wonder if any car manufacturers have entered a entry?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Arden hasn't applied...they've already confirmed this!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

And scratch Penske from that list, he went on record today saying he didn't apply.
Roger Penske has not filed an entry to join Formula 1 in 2008, saying, "If I can't be involved in it directly myself, it really doesn't give me the returns."
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/22854/
Hmm, this list of 22 is suddenly getting suspicious.

m3_lover

I did say penske was gone from the list
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.