Ross Brawn

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wazojugs

Ross Brawn

Not sure everyone saw this in their coverage of the Australian GP.

After Montoya made the rookie mistake of spinning the Mclaren whilst lining upto the grid, you saw a picture of Ross chuckling to himself.

Now I bet Ron Dennis is chuckling to himself after one his cars made it to the start line and made the fastest lap of the race a second quicker than Schumi did.

Figlio_del_Diavolo

And we all know Darth Vader can't laugh, so Ron chuckling at Ferrari/Schumi can't happen. :wink: :)

Ross Brawn isn't allowed to have a laugh at Monty's expense? I mean seriously dude, chill out.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

wazojugs

I wasn't being serious or needing to chill out, just pointing out that maybe he shouldn't count his chickens until they had hatched.

Figlio_del_Diavolo

To steal a quote from Montoya after the Aussie GP a few years back about racing, "Sh*t happens." :) So when times are good and there is something to enjoy, do so, because, as we saw today, a short time later things may be going much worse.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

McLaurin

wazojugs wrote:I wasn't being serious or needing to chill out, just pointing out that maybe he shouldn't count his chickens until they had hatched.
I guess almost everyone laughed with that incident because it was such a stupid thing to do in the warm up lap. Was just too funny not to laugh
Last edited by McLaurin on 02 Apr 2006, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
David Coulthard is the best !!!!!

m3_lover

I thought it was funny that he spinned out on the warm up lap, not even Yuji Ide did that lol
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jaslfc
jaslfc

but i was supprised he didnt have to start at the back of the grid.. was it because of fisi stalling and the did one more formation lap?

m3_lover

I think Honda was making a big stink about Montoya should be starting at the back, I dont know if he would have to if Fisi didn't stall?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Venom
Venom

Re: Ross Brawn

wazojugs wrote:Not sure everyone saw this in their coverage of the Australian GP.

After Montoya made the rookie mistake of spinning the Mclaren whilst lining upto the grid, you saw a picture of Ross chuckling to himself.

Now I bet Ron Dennis is chuckling to himself after one his cars made it to the start line and made the fastest lap of the race a second quicker than Schumi did.
Everybody's got to lough at such stupid mistakes. It's like crashing into a tree in sahara desert. :) He's lucky that Fisi stalled otherwise he'd start at the back of the grid.
m3_lover wrote:I think Honda was making a big stink about Montoya should be starting at the back, I dont know if he would have to if Fisi didn't stall?
He would stay back if Fisi didn't stall. He maintained in his position because of that extra lap.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

So they laugh at each other when one stumbles. So they complain about each other. This is F1, where it is chock full of hyper-competitive and aggressive people. They may be polite and courteous most times, but this is a war. Get over it, this is pure competition at it's best, and worst.

Ciro Pabón

Well, the great prize for the most embarrasing formation lap of all times belongs to another colombian.

Roberto José Guerrero, after stunning everybody with a lap record of 232 mph for pole in Indy 500, 1992, spun out of the track in the formation lap and became the third man in history to finish last from pole.

As you can imagine, Roberto was "disappointed beyond belief" while everybody chuckled. Montoya's error pales in comparison. :wink:
Ciro

Hudsonhawk.
Hudsonhawk.

I think its quite funny that he sat there laughing.....

I think it shows the guys true nature....
As has been pointed out alreasy....he shouldnt count those chickens

and that monty will never be on a ferrari shopping list.