Liuzzi's crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zac510
zac510

Liuzzi's crash

Did anybody see Liuzzi's accident? I didn't see any replays on the box.

I am struggling to see how he got to that part of the track. Did anybody hit him?

I can only imagine that he was too hot into turn 1 and lost control over the grass, carried on for a bit and then met the wall.

vyselegend

No, nobody did hit him. on the replay it feel very strange, because the car is braking straight, and it looks stable, 'till the rear simply go crazy. I am sur there is a technical problem here, there was no reason he lost the rear so suddenly while braking straight. Must be a suspention failure, maybe caused by the bumped kerb that cost MS and JPM races.

jaslfc
jaslfc

luizzi claims that jv hit him.. i din see the replay..

Jason

This should help for those that did not saw the replay
Image :roll: I think
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Principessa

Re: Liuzzi's crash

zac510 wrote:Did anybody see Liuzzi's accident? I didn't see any replays on the box.

I am struggling to see how he got to that part of the track. Did anybody hit him?

I can only imagine that he was too hot into turn 1 and lost control over the grass, carried on for a bit and then met the wall.
Liuzzi says that Villeneuve drove him to the wall (no contact between the two cars) and that he lost control over his car and crashed. I haven't seen JV doing that, I only saw that if Liuzzi went of, he almost hit the BMW of JV!

m3_lover

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

zac510
zac510

Thanks people, it is so rare the TV cameras miss a crash these days!

Jason wrote:This should help for those that did not saw the replay
That doesn't help at all :roll:

dumrick
dumrick

m3_lover wrote:JV got lucky with the stewards.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/22881/
Well, seems a rookie mistake from Liuzzi. Trying to overtake JV on the outside there... :roll:

zac510
zac510

I thought it seemed suspicious - Liuzzi in the wall half way down the straight. Nothing wrong with trying to overtake on the outside especially if it puts you on the inside into turn 3. That's basic overtaking.

Sounds a lot like the JV/Montoya incident at Suzuka.

vyselegend

zac510 wrote:
Sounds a lot like the JV/Montoya incident at Suzuka.
No, you can't compare! JV and JPM were almost side by side that day. For australia as far as I could see on replay, the nearest driver from Klien was (Fisichella if I remember correctly) behind him, clearly when you see it it's just a lonely car wich lost the rear under braking.

zac510
zac510

That is true, but we aren't talking about Klien :D

Tom

Yeah, a bit of confusion here.

Klien crashed early on in a bizzare accident where the car darted sideways under braking, possibly due to earlier contact.

Liuzzi crashed on the third restart, during a melee in which I swear there were three abreast through turn two. I think he just ran out of road and speared across the track a couple of times (like Verstappen at Interlargos '95)
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

zac510 wrote:That is true, but we aren't talking about Klien :D

LOL! sorry, I just can't wake up correctly today! This race was too much emotions for me :? anyway I was thinking about liuzzi and my mind jumped on klien cause I think he was also behind JV when crashed, so I'm sorry zac510, all I've said here is OT! :oops: I could edit but it would make your answears nonsense, so I'll do nothing (probably tomba will erase those the next time he'll go for OT threads hunt) :wink:
sorry again...